Accenture Match Play Championship Thread (Spoiler)

I think Tiger wins today, 3 & 2. Seriously. He struggled with the increased distances yesterday and he'll get that under wraps. It's amazing how far the golf ball goes in AZ. Tmex's #'s are so skewed, LOL

Lol he needs to quit playing the PD long for distance then and get back to the 20Xi (which I used and loved the other day). Yeah! Stupid AZ numbers! He was struggling to not be in the desert because his driver is in the bottom 1/5 of the tour. What a wretched tee game for him at times.

I think Tiger wins today, 3 & 2. Seriously. He struggled with the increased distances yesterday and he'll get that under wraps. It's amazing how far the golf ball goes in AZ. Tmex's #'s are so skewed, LOL

Not sure he wins 3 & 2, but I also think he wins today - my guess would be 1 or 2up. I don't like Watney's lisp. :alien:

I've only lost 2 elite 8 guys so far and no final 4 guys. Pretty good considering who lost I think. Let's go dudes!

I'm a MAJ fan but Keegan rolls him today. Keegan's just too damn long and too damn straight off the tee. It must get exhausting. I'll be interested in the Stanley/Sneds match up too. I think Stanley gets his revenge. I think Mahan plays impressive golf today. And Martin Kaymer. He's tough as nails in this thing.

I think you're right with MAJ. I like him though. Keegan and his boring good long golf lol.

You are on crack man. I hope you are right in your drug induced stupor though.

Obviously there's a bit of guesswork involved in matchplay and they're not overly relevant, but here are yesterday's scores, sorted by today's match-ups:

Stricker -3 (17)
Oosthuizen -3 (17)

Yang -5 (17)
Mahan Even (19)

Manassero -4 (16)
Laird -2 (18)

Ishikawa -2 (18)
Lawrie -1 (18)

Rock Even (18)
Wilson -6 (16)

Johnson Even (20)
Molinari Even (20)

Day -3 (19)
Senden -3 (15)

Schwartzel -3 (16)
Bae Even (15)

Kaymer -3 (16)
Toms -5 (18)

Kuchar -1 (18)
Watson -5 (16)

Westwood -6 (17)
Karlsson -5 (13)

Watney -4 (14)
Woods +1 (18)

Els -3 (14)
Hanson -1 (17)

Stanley -2 (17)
Snedeker -4 (21)

McIlroy +1 (18)
Hansen -1 (15)

Jimenez -2 (17)
Bradley -8 (15)

Ok, I'm saying it. MAJ turns up today. He was toying around yesterday, since he quite likes young Sergio. Today, he ain't letting nobody spit in his Rioja.

Ok, I'm saying it. MAJ turns up today. He was toying around yesterday, since he quite likes young Sergio. Today, he ain't letting nobody spit in his Rioja.

Boom!!!! I think he waxes Bradley!!!

Well if Toms and DJ screw the pooch today I've got a good shot of moving back into first as TC is only 3 points ahead of me

Lee went HAM yesterday. Guys who hit these FIRs and GIRs dominate.

Team TC goes as HAM as Keegan today!

Lee has the best looking swing on tour. Well beside Paul Casey and Ricky Barnes.

Lee has the best looking swing on tour. Well beside Paul Casey and Ricky Barnes.

We completely agree Mexican. How does DJ play today?

I think TC pays for doubting the spanish wizard.

I'd go with the Rocker on that one. Smooth as his hair product.

I really like Lee's swing. He takes it back slowly and then looks like he just pummels the ball. Seems like he gears up and then goes after it. I can respect that and I bet he is good in a bar fight.

I really like Lee's swing. He takes it back slowly and then looks like he just pummels the ball. Seems like he gears up and then goes after it. I can respect that and I bet he is good in a bar fight.

A true Englishman wouldn't be seen in an establishment of that nature. Englishmen sip tea with the Queen. *You have to say this with an British accent or it really loses its luster*

A true Englishman wouldn't be seen in an establishment of that nature. Englishmen sip tea with the Queen. *You have to say this with an British accent or it really loses its luster*

You don't want to see the condition of the last guy who tried to steal Lee's pub lunch though.

You don't want to see the condition of the last guy who tried to steal Lee's pub lunch though.

I want to see LW do some MMA action and watch him get angry.

Lol. I reckon he is dude. what a man.

I think TC pays for doubting the spanish wizard.

I'd go with the Rocker on that one. Smooth as his hair product.

Rock does have a great swing. I think the hair aids in his visual. I like the Euros to take the matchplay. Theyre just better at it. Americans get too scared and miss.

We completely agree Mexican. How does DJ play today?

You know, I like DJ in these events. He is generally straight and long. He is also feeling close to 100%. His putter is streaky imo. I almost think all these players using Scotty's is a detriment. Really I do. I think some of them could benefit from the technology in some of the putter faces that are out now. Scotty's are being used because they always have been. Lol. I'm making assumpting but I think DJ with a Bettinardi or Nike Method would be rolling a lot more putts in.

I hope an anchored putter user doesn't win this thing. Massive black cloud for me, LOL

am I allowed to talk about Tiger in here?

Back