Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3 Wood Review Thread

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I will be doing a full review on on the new Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3 wood. Here are some pictures I grabbed of it before taking it out for a round of golf on Saturday.

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

IMAG0335.jpg

Before my round I was able to use it on the driving range first where I was hitting into a pretty stiff breeze. The first thing I noticed about the ball flight was that it was a very solid boring flight that didn't balloon on me at all even with my first couple of swings. I found I was able to get the ball started right online and it stayed on that tight line quite nicely. The face is a tiny bit deeper than some of the last 3 woods I've used, I like the depth, it works great off a tee and I had zero problems getting the ball in the air off the deck as well.

On the course I used it off the tee, off the fairway and out of slight rough. Each time I had a pretty nice tight ball flight that seemed to get online and stay there for me. The feel is nice so far, I hit one where I missed it a bit and it did give back a slight harsh feel but the shot wasn't impacted too extreme. I really like the looks of this 3 wood, I'm looking forward to putting it through the paces.

Last edited:
Lawd have mercy this thing is pretty and I like the high thick face! Looking forward to your take on this beauty :golf2:

I love the looks of this. The headcover rules too. I was wondering about the deep face, but I'm glad that you got it in the air well off the deck despite that.

If it plays like the driver.... Oh man! Looks and functionality. Good mix!

That is a good looking stick and i am anxious to read more about it.

love the look! hopefully it wors well for ya P4B

Hit this side by side with my Vr pro non le. I didn't see any differences. That being said its a good 3 wood

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Has a different looking sole, but looks nice at address. It looks awfully tall though.

In this case, does Limited Edition mean they are only producing a very limited quantity?
Sweet looking club.

Wow love the look...the face looks really big actually for a 3 wood.

I keep coming back to this thread to see those pics, I think it is one of my favorite looking 3 woods to date.

Sweet! I will definitely be checking this out. I love my SQ 3 wood (just switched back to Friday), the face looks very similar.

Sweet looking club! Love the look of VR drivers and fairway woods. Not digging the head cover however, to each their own :)
Now more importantly, how does it hit off the carpet?

In this case, does Limited Edition mean they are only producing a very limited quantity?
Sweet looking club.

Not all at. Just a name
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Love the look address. Looking forward to hearing more about it Jake

I saw the driver at Golfsmith. Great looking clubs.

I really like the look of this club; looking forward to the review Jake! I also really like the stock shaft offering - impressive.

Looking forward to this review. Good looking wood.

*swoon* I'll be watching this one really closely.....something tells me that this could find its way in my bag at some point. Good luck Jake and looking forward to this review!

Very nice! You can get a sense of how deep that red is in your pics. Enjoy the review, Jake.

This is a deeper 3 wood than some certainly but I can't stress enough that it is not deep enough that it would become an issue with hitting it off the deck. I think the depth is quite good so far.

great initial thoughts, I would LOVE to try this bad boy out! How is the shaft, think it compares to the Px?

What is the shaft in it again Jake? It looks like a rocket launcher.

Diamana ahina

Thanks Jake!

I hit the non "limited edition" version of this club, with the PX shaft, and thought it was a really solid offering. I bet this thing does the ticket for old Jake.

Back