Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of hood putts yesterday. Best was a par 3 found the Bunker. Hit it to 30 ft and sank the par putt. I had 3 sand saves yesterday

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

2nd shot on #11...a par 5. After a nice tee-shot, I was exactly 200 out. Hit a low 3 hybrid and put it on the fringe.....left my Eagle putt 2 inches short of the cup and tapped in the birdie.

Hit another good one. Errant tee shot on #7 (another par 5) The hole has a hard dogleg left. My tee shot went left and left me right in front of some woods. To play clear, I would have had to hit back toward the tee box about 60 yards but there was a small opening through about 75 yards of woods to get in a place where I could actually hit the green in regulation. I was pissed off enough about the tee shot to go for the gap. Hit a knock-down 4 iron and it went through the woods setting me up for a 50 yard chip which I dropped about 5' from the pin. Made the birdie putt!! Probably dumb luck all the way around but I will take it. :D

On my last round (which was a horrendous 99, nothing seemed to work) I had one good shot...par 3, about 157 yards with a slight tailwind. Took my 9 iron out and hit my only pure shot of the round...a nice high fade that hit the center of the green and rolled to about 2 feet from the cup. Made the putt for the only birdie of the round.

Played 27 today and had a few:

2nd 9: 7 iron from 163 to 7 feet (par 4 - missed birdie)
3rd 9: 6 iron from 181 to 5 feet (par 3 - missed birdie)
3rd 9: 3 wood from 251 to 11 feet (par 5 - missed eagle but made birdie)

Tappin' from my iPad!

Not bad Cookie. I had 2 20 footers fall for birdie today. Thanks SeeMore.

Played 27 today and had a few:

2nd 9: 7 iron from 163 to 7 feet (par 4 - missed birdie)
3rd 9: 6 iron from 181 to 5 feet (par 3 - missed birdie)
3rd 9: 3 wood from 251 to 11 feet (par 5 - missed eagle but made birdie)

Tappin' from my iPad!

Ball buried in the rough on the lip of a bunker with my right foot in bunker a foot or so below my left foot. I hit 9 iron from 125 to a pin guarded by a bunker. I stuck it about 8 ft but missed the putt

440 yd (as the ball flies) dog leg par 5. Safe play is 200 yards to the dog leg making it a 3 shot hole. I bomb a drive cutting off a little more then intended but it worked out well. center of the fairway within about 5 yards of the 150 marker. Hitting a 7 iron into a par 5 felt good. Hit it to about 30 feet and then the eagle putt missed by about an inch. But hey tap in birds are always nice.

30 footer downhill with a lot of break, bascially just putted and prayed.

#8 390 yard par 4. The previous hole I left a birdie putt hanging on the edge of the cup. #8 tee I ended up right, into the trees (as always), 163 yards to the middle of the green, with tree limbs hanging all over the place. I just wanted to punch out a 5I and let it roll up as far as I could.

Worked out pretty well, was heading right at the pin the hole time, rolled up past the hole to within 4 feet....and yes I made the putt for birdie

tried to post a pic here but im dumb and couldnt get it from my desktop to here lol

#8 390 yard par 4. The previous hole I left a birdie putt hanging on the edge of the cup. #8 tee I ended up right, into the trees (as always), 163 yards to the middle of the green, with tree limbs hanging all over the place. I just wanted to punch out a 5I and let it roll up as far as I could.

Worked out pretty well, was heading right at the pin the hole time, rolled up past the hole to within 4 feet....and yes I made the putt for birdie

tried to post a pic here but im dumb and couldnt get it from my desktop to here lol
It's because you have to upload it to a photohosting site like Photobucket.

made a ridiculous putt from way above the hole that i barely tapped... if it didnt hit the hole it woulda went way past and maybe off the green

Made my best swing of the day on 9 tee with my 4 wood and hit it straight with a nice ball flight about 240. Made par.

I can't tell from my round yesterday ....

It was either the 220 yard 3wood tee shot on number nine. PERFECT shot up the right side and about 10 yards short of the creek looking right down the middle of the slightly dogleg left par 5

or it was the 80 yard lob wedge up that MONSTER hill on number 12 (number 3 on the Lake View course at Ft. Gordon GA)
that had a GREAT TRAJECTORY and landed about 15 feet below the pin ... missed that birdie putt

OR, it could have been that 75 yard lob wedge second shot on number 10 to about 2 feet from the pin, made that birdie :blob:

almost aced a short par3 but got a tap in birdie instead

After a poor tee shot, I am left with 225 to the flag and the green has bunkers left and right, a line of trees down the left side and a huge Oak 20 yards in front to the right. The limbs on the oak are horizontal about 20 feet above the ground. So I am looking through a tunnel to a green framed by bunkers 225 away. Three wood is not possible because of the huge oak. Hook or slice are out of the question because of the trees left and the oak right. I choose three iron move it back in my stance to keep it below the limbs and hit it PERFECT. The ball flies under the limbs stays right of the trees and hits hot in front of the green, rolls up the ramp between the traps and stops 7 feet from the hole. Dang it! missed the birdie putt, broke out of the hole rolled across the lip and stopped behind the hole.

i need to add another one from yesterday...
par4 #1 hcp hole i usually always miss the fw on this hole
my teeshot hit the pvc pipe 150 marker and broke it ooops... gps said it was 238

390 metre Par 4 17th.
Drove to the left rough just over the crest of the hill.
124 metres from the first cut of rough to a centre pin downwind and downhill.
I decided to choke down on a PW so my intended follow through didn't hit a tree just to my left and put me off the stroke.
Pitched about 4m short and right of the pin, took one hop and sat spinning where it finished 9 inches past the hole.
After tapping in the putt my thoughts were that getting it so close was more rewarding than draining a 50 footer for bird.

Easily the best full shot I've hit with a short iron in the last month.

Unfortunately, the highlight of the round didn't belong to me. My playing partner was so disgusted with a chunky tee shot on a par 3, he spun around and launched his club in the direction of some trees. Result - It got stuck at the top! He had to climb atop the cart and shake the daylights out of the tree to remove it and it nearly struck him on the head on its way down!

Last edited:
3rd shot on a Par 5, 105 yards out. Hit a 50* wedge, I thought it was going to drop in for an Eagle. Made the tap in birdie.
Picture of the results;
Spoiler
photo1-4.jpg

Nice shot w.e., man those are soft greens compared to ours. I hit a 56* from 80 yards my last time out nice and high, landed short of the flag and rolled 15 feet past. I never even found a divot, lol. This time of year the greens stay frozen until 4pm just to refreeze over night.

Nice shot w.e., man those are soft greens compared to ours. I hit a 56* from 80 yards my last time out nice and high, landed short of the flag and rolled 15 feet past. I never even found a divot, lol. This time of year the greens stay frozen until 4pm just to refreeze over night.
Some of the greens were like sponges today, very very wet. At one point I hit a 9iron in to the green and missed just short, on the first cut. I could barely see the top of the ball it plugged so far in.

I hit a wayward drive to the right off of the tee on this 445 yard par four. Landed in the tallish brown grass behind the palmetto bushes on the right (see pic below). I had 185 yards uphill into the wind to get to the green (one of the tougher green complexes on the course in my opinion). I hit 4 iron onto the green and two putted to save my par.

7927.jpg

Bunch of solid shots today but the best I think was a 57 degree wedge from 90 yards to 8 feet. Missed the birdie of course....

Tappin' from my iPad!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back