SeeMore Putter Forum Testing Review Thread

That is great to hear WE. Hope it continues for you.

Congrats war.eagle! Your practice and belief in the SeeMore methodology is definitely paying off.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Congrats war.eagle! Your practice and belief in the SeeMore methodology is definitely paying off.

Tappin' from my iPad!
Having confidence when standing over a putt is a nice thing to have.

I have been feeling the same way, except for yesterday. I had one of those days where nothing went right. But overall I have been having a great time with the SeeMore. Working on a lot of the similar things. Starting to see some of those longer putts fall as well.

Having confidence when standing over a putt is a nice thing to have.

Cookie what are you trying to get out of your belly putter. Where are you expecting it may help. Very interested.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Cookie what are you trying to get out of your belly putter. Where are you expecting it may help. Very interested.

I believe that on the putts within 15 feet (shorter stroke), I have a tendency to let the putter head drift often resulting to open at impact and pushes right. I am trying to see if the added stability from the more pendulum like motion will help me in keeping the putter on a better path through impact. Time will tell!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I believe that on the putts within 15 feet (shorter stroke), I have a tendency to let the putter head drift often resulting to open at impact and pushes right. I am trying to see if the added stability from the more pendulum like motion will help me in keeping the putter on a better path through impact. Time will tell!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Most of the research says it will which is why my SeeMore will be heading back where it came from to get converted into a belly.

I have been interested for a while but I have to hold off for now.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I feel like I'm burning too many edges right now. I need to figure out a way to quit over-reading easy putts. I missed more putts by inches today than I'd like to remember. The good news is that I felt much less mechanical and much more fluid today. My stroke reflected that, but I still was at 34 putts.

I feel like I'm burning too many edges right now. I need to figure out a way to quit over-reading easy putts. I missed more putts by inches today than I'd like to remember. The good news is that I felt much less mechanical and much more fluid today. My stroke reflected that, but I still was at 34 putts.
I know, for me, that I try to think there is more break than there actually is. Lately I have been aiming everything either right at it, or left/right edge, and I have seen much better success with it.

I'm over reading it dude. I should be doing just what you said most of the time - left edge/right edge, but I aim a ball or two outside the cup instead.

Jezz,,

This forum seems too be spending all my money for me!; First I had too buy the R11 Irons and now it seems i really need to test this putter out. I'm strongly looking into a belly putter for this season. But my only thing is I love looking over the white Taylormades as its so easy too aim for me. But this is so tempting!:banana:

Dude I am in the same exact boat. I'm killing myself. Played with 2 guys yesterday who I had never met before. By the 8th hole this guy Lou turns to me and tells me I would be a great golfer if I could putt for anything. I had 10 putts that caught lip and didn't go in. 10!! I'm selling some stuff and going to David Orr for a green reading lesson

Dude I am in the same exact boat. I'm killing myself. Played with 2 guys yesterday who I had never met before. By the 8th hole this guy Lou turns to me and tells me I would be a great golfer if I could putt for anything. I had 10 putts that caught lip and didn't go in. 10!! I'm selling some stuff and going to David Orr for a green reading lesson

It's really frustrating because I think I'd be 4-5 strokes lower a round with consistency if I could just get a good read and go with it. Ugh.

It's really frustrating because I think I'd be 4-5 strokes lower a round with consistency if I could just get a good read and go with it. Ugh.
JB gave me a good tip that has helped me a ton the past few weeks, which actually came from the LPGA players. A lot of amateurs like us try to create more break or look for more break than there is, and end up missing because we over thinking it. I know I have been a victim of, "It looks straight but I know it's going to break" then only have the ball roll exactly straight with no break. Lately I have been going either with aiming left/right edge or just straight at it, and have had some success.

I'm going to force myself to do that next time out.

The other thing is to revisit your triangulator - playing with mine convinced me to start putting a line on my ball- what I perceived as straight was always a bit left - even now I will question my ball mark but I SHOULDN"T when I do I usually miss - lot of burned edges for me too!! maybe I need to start dying at the hole more so they have a chance.

The other thing is to revisit your triangulator - playing with mine convinced me to start putting a line on my ball- what I perceived as straight was always a bit left - even now I will question my ball mark but I SHOULDN"T when I do I usually miss - lot of burned edges for me too!! maybe I need to start dying at the hole more so they have a chance.

I use the line and have found it helps me a ton. My problem is I line it up in the wrong spot haha.

I use the line and have found it helps me a ton. My problem is I line it up in the wrong spot haha.
Haha, I used to use a line too and I'd line up the putt and 2nd guess my line and then my stroke wasn't as confident because I didn't trust the line. I stopped using one and just try to pick a spot usually half way to the hole and aim for that.

Haha, I used to use a line too and I'd line up the putt and 2nd guess my line and then my stroke wasn't as confident because I didn't trust the line. I stopped using one and just try to pick a spot usually half way to the hole and aim for that.

For me, it works great since I have a habit of actually aiming to the right naturally. I just overthink my reads, aim the line outside the hole, and watch a great stroke put the ball right where it was aimed. Frustrating, but I think it's fixable!

I am getting along well with my SeeMore Si3 belly putter. It is incredibly easy to keep it on line. The belly part of it promotes good mechanics such as no head movement and a pendulum-like stroke, and the SeeMore with RST helps me to keep the face of the putter square to my line.

I am making many more putts from 15 feet and in, and I love the improvement. I now have confidence standing over any putt inside that distance, and for good reason. Any time I miss it is the fault of me picking the wrong line or speed.

Now on to the toughest part of this adjustment: speed. Lag putts are one thing, but I'll get to that later. The speed aspect is not very easy to get down, even inside 15 feet. Usually my misses from that range are because of speed. I feel that I often have a good line, but I am usually off by a few inches of speed. It is slightly frustrating, but I'm sure it will start to get easier in time.

Now for mid-range, or 15-30 feet. I can't expect to make these putts, but again, I feel like I have a pretty good line. Here though, the speed mistakes are slightly longer, ranging from about one to three feet. For me, anything outside of a tap-in from that range is unacceptable, so I am going to start working on that a lot more. One thing to note: the majority of my misses are short. Not sure what that means, but I figured it was worth saying.

Now to lag putting. The misses in speed here are usually between 2-4 feet, which I'm not terribly unhappy with, but I'd like to bring that 4 down to a 3 or so. A lot of the fault here goes to my putt-reading ability as well. I am not very good at reading putts, and my line is starting to be off by more than usual. Here's something to note that goes along with that: the RST is hard to keep solid on long putts. With a belly putter, hitting a long putt for me usually means a bit of an increase in tempo because you can't really swing the putter back as far as with a regular putter. This increase in tempo makes it harder for me to keep the RST on-line, and that affects the line on which I hit my putts.

I have only had this putter for a few weeks now and have used it for about 10 rounds or partial rounds of 9 holes. I am hoping to use this much more over the winter and hopefully that will help inprove my speed issues. I want to be really dialed-in with this putter by the school season (starts April), so I will try to track my progress until then for you guys.

Interesting read, Dam. Keep at it and I bet the speed comes to you!

For me, it works great since I have a habit of actually aiming to the right naturally. I just overthink my reads, aim the line outside the hole, and watch a great stroke put the ball right where it was aimed. Frustrating, but I think it's fixable!
Yes I am way better off if I just stick with the line- if I second guess it is better for me to back off and look again maybe just need to not aim 12"past the hole
The one thing with the line is sometimes it is kinda hard to get it lined up right and quickly as well - but it does help me

Back