Powerbilt Clone Of Ghost

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw this yesterday and had to take a picture. Growing up, I remember Powerbilt as an innovator in some ways. Quality clubs for sure. In recent years, the company has been known for the Nitrogen drivers. Strolling through a store I did not expect to see this knockoff. Now keep in mind that we are not just talking about making a plumber's neck model and it being like the original Anser. This is an absolute clone of the Corza Ghost. Expect it by some companies I guess, but not Powerbilt. It took me by surprise.

IMG-20111125-00139-L.jpg

Next to the actual Corza Ghost
IMG-20111125-00140-L.jpg

IMG-20111125-00138-L.jpg

WOW, JB that is really bad. They didn't even try to make it different, I would never buy such a product, and it stops me from ever considering any of their other products if they are wiling to stoop to this level.

That's disappointing Powerbilt...c'mon.

Just goes to show how some will piggyback off the great idea of another....

The TRX and TPS seem like ripoffs of Taylormade drivers as well to me.

Wow I smell a lawsuit coming! That's just silly. Come on, man!

Does it come in a belly version, or will that be for the Spring release? :banana:

Knockoffs like this were pretty common years ago with a lot of the great clubs on the market. I still have a clone of the Big Bertha driver, called a Large Marge, lol. It's a shame, but kind of a tribute to success as well.

Tap,Tap,Tap

I saw some their other white putters, but not this one. That's not even trying to mask the fact it's a ripoff.

Wow, um... Nice stencil job, Powerbilt. Sad, I had a set of their old irons that played pretty well.

They could have at least painted it up different. Just ridiculous.

That's crazy. Not even trying to hide the fact that they are ripping off Taylor Made.

I saw this on Twitter a little while ago. JB...is there at least something different about the face making it "their own" (sorry for the better lack of a term).

Alex

i don't see the similarities!...... thats really pathetic. i respect the companies that come up with their own designs and stuff even if its not what the normal golfer is looking for. dare to be different! you may have the next best thing.

I saw this on Twitter a little while ago. JB...is there at least something different about the face making it "their own" (sorry for the better lack of a term).

Alex

Virtually nothing.

Was it cheaper? If so then I bet that they'll sell a bunch to novice golfers who like the Corza Ghost. If no lawsuit is filed, then it was probably a good move by Powerbilt. Granted, not a move I agree with, but probably good for their buisness.

Wow, disappointing. Powerbilts were my first set of GI style irons in the 90's, and I loved those clubs. They changed the game for me. But this is really bad.

I don't know what to think? I do not see myself buying it...

Wow, that's pathetic, the only difference I see is the shape of the cutout around the hole. The powerbilt model has a thinner band right in the center of the face, heck the bottom even looks identical.

I'm like you JB, I remember the old powerbilt drivers...they were good quality clubs......this is just sad.

Pathetic, I hate companys that cant make their own clubs.

It's bound to happen. JB took the wind out my sails by calling out the Ping Anser clones in the original post, but as heads become dominant there will be homages, variations, and outright copies. Powerbilt could have avoided the embarrassment by altering more than just the top design though.

I suppose they named it the Corza Casper.

My golf shop, top in Michigan and sells all the good stuff, sells knock offs of the new TM drivers. Haven't seen this yet though... it sucks.

I think I've seen some other white putters from PowerBilt at K-Mart.

Pathetic, I hate companys that cant make their own clubs.

SEE! I knew I wasn't alone in hating Scooter Crameron. hehe

I find it funny in a sad sort of way, they didn't even try to disguise anything...brilliant idea there! lol

Back