I'm still kind of dissapointed with MW3. I actually thought that Black Ops was better done. I can't believe I just said that. But it's true.
I agree. Can't wait to see what Treyarch puts out next year.

Seriously thinking about skyrim...

Convince me please.

Seriously thinking about skyrim...

Convince me please.

53 hours played and I have just barely started on the main quest. Huge open world, do side quests, main quest, pretty much whatever you feel like doing. pretty good deal in my book.

been playing the new Assassins Creed for about a week now and i'm in the same boat as you Bamboo. there is so much to be done before starting the main stories

truly awesome game though

After reading some of the feedback here I got Skyrimm over the weekend and have gotten sucked in. Got about 15 hours into the game so far and it has taken over all my free time

After reading some of the feedback here I got Skyrimm over the weekend and have gotten sucked in. Got about 15 hours into the game so far and it has taken over all my free time
This is the exact reason I have not gotten it. Way too much going on at work and home for me to get sucked in to Skyrim right now.

It is amazing how much time this game can take up and it is not even an MMO.

Luckily there is not much that I watch on tv right now, so the time I would normally spend watching tv I've been spending on Skyrimm instead

This is the exact reason I have not gotten it. Way too much going on at work and home for me to get sucked in to Skyrim right now.

Hehehe with the semester over next week, I'll have over a month to do anything, so that's why I asked my question. I played oblivion a bit and from what I've seen/read its nothing like it.

been playing the new Assassins Creed for about a week now and i'm in the same boat as you Bamboo. there is so much to be done before starting the main stories

truly awesome game though

Not sure if I want to nudge the fiancee for that for Christmas or just rent it and beat it. The last one I flew through in 3 days, then just went back and got all those stupid feathers and weird symbol challenges.

I love this game. Sad or not, I do. Got my smithing to 100 last night and enchanting is to 80....whoo!

Not sure if I want to nudge the fiancee for that for Christmas or just rent it and beat it. The last one I flew through in 3 days, then just went back and got all those stupid feathers and weird symbol challenges.

Personally if you just want to get through the story, rent it.
If you want to 100% it and get the trophies and such, buy it.

Just got MW3 this past weekend and played it online last night for the first time.
I've played a few other FPS games and have been decent at them, but I was pretty helpless in my first MW3 efforts. In 4 games, I totaled 5 kills and most of the time didn't know if I was coming or going and felt like I was taking a pellet rifle to a machine gun fight. Any tips, or should I just quit now and go back to the friendly confines of Halo.

Personally if you just want to get through the story, rent it.
If you want to 100% it and get the trophies and such, buy it.

Appreciate the response. Looks like rent it is. I just gotta know how that story ends after the last one's little twist.

Just got MW3 this past weekend and played it online last night for the first time.
I've played a few other FPS games and have been decent at them, but I was pretty helpless in my first MW3 efforts. In 4 games, I totaled 5 kills and most of the time didn't know if I was coming or going and felt like I was taking a pellet rifle to a machine gun fight. Any tips, or should I just quit now and go back to the friendly confines of Halo.

Don't jump into the free for all or team deathmatch matches. Lack of gun upgrades and knowing what you're fully doing don't help you out much. Do the capture the flag/domination matches where you can get a ton of points for doing nothing but running around capturing and defending stuff. That'll give you time to figure out where to go on maps, where to hide, etc while also giving you enough experience to upgrade things.

Noob. Just kidding.

That happens to me everytime I get a new COD game, so for the first few times, I just stay on the outside edges of the map and camp til I get my bearings.

On MW3, I have been strictly playing Survival Mode, it's pretty cool.

It's sure making me remember why I bought MW2 and only played it twice.

I went 25-5 the other night, my best round yet. Ive got the Type 95 all tricked out and I just own punks with it.

my sis got me MW3 for PS3 as a early Xmas gift, played a bit online, great gameplay...boy do I need to practice lol

Had a few 6-7 kill rounds, a ton of deaths and had a shameful 1 kill round.

Will have to start looking at upgrading my character, didnt mess with that at all

I have both MW3 and Battlefield3, played previous versions of both extensively. MW is honestly quite easy. I prefer Battlefield myself as it is more challenging.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to the COD games. What's all of this upgrading you guys are talking about? Maybe that's why I felt like I had taken a bb gun to a rocket launcher fight.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to the COD games. What's all of this upgrading you guys are talking about? Maybe that's why I felt like I had taken a bb gun to a rocket launcher fight.

You can read about doing that in the Sons of Anarchy thread :D

Just run around with the UMP. Very easy SMG to start out with. For perks, I like to use: Slight of hand, Quickdraw and Marksman in the beginning. Once you get to higher levels, I switch to the PP90M1(?) SMG and use Slight of hand, Assassin and Steady Aim. Very easy to spray and get tons of kills.

The upgrades are putting attachments on your guns such as silencer, scopes or extended mags. They don't effect the damage the gun does.

A tip for getting better is generally to stay around the outside edges of the map. The center is always death since you can get shot from anywhere. If you slowly move around the map on the edges, you get tons of impatient people running through the middle that you can pick off.

If you're on xbox, send me a friend request and I'll play with you. GT: ObstinateDuck

Ok so I was playing last night and called someone a p**** for jumping and shooting. Something I think they need to make impossible in MW3. I hate it. You cant jump and shoot a gun. So then the dude says Im using the most non-skill requiring gun, the Type 95. Seriously? Its 3 shot burst. You cant spray and pray with that gun. I think it takes way more skill. Am I wrong? Talk about it.

Ok so I was playing last night and called someone a p**** for jumping and shooting. Something I think they need to make impossible in MW3. I hate it. You cant jump and shoot a gun. So then the dude says Im using the most non-skill requiring gun, the Type 95. Seriously? Its 3 shot burst. You cant spray and pray with that gun. I think it takes way more skill. Am I wrong? Talk about it.
PS3 or Xbox?

Jump and shoot is lame. Not as bad as the guys who you run up on and the immediately drop to a prone position and take you out. That p!sses me off.

Back