Cleveland 588 Custom Wedges

I'm definately one of the guys who thinks these are awesome, but I can't afford to lay down $600 for wedges. That's simply too much money. I'd love one for show or something. But that's it.

I can understand that thought from a lot of people, especially someone like yourself who likes to always get new equipment. If you buy something custom you can't sell it later for something new. This would be an investment that you make for an item yo plan to have for a very long time, or as you mentioned in a later post a great gift idea for someone who is a golfer.
And I may have just decided on what to get my Father for Christmas!

I like the looks of the custom David Toms wedge the best. The added relief to the heel and toe areas of the flange are what I like in addition to the more standard or traditional colors and finishes.

Spot on GG! I'm almost too simple for cool things like this.

I would make mine as simple and plain as possible. Anything to get it as close to the original 588 as possible. Maybe initial engraving to personalize, but thats it.

Its a fantastic idea for a gift. Id want mine to say "Dont shank me"

Spot on GG! I'm almost too simple for cool things like this.

That's what I love so much about the customization. For someone who wants to stand out, or who likes things with a bit more flare, or who enjoy having personalized things this is perfect for them.

Its a fantastic idea for a gift. Id want mine to say "Dont shank me"

I can't wait for you to get me this for Christmas this year! Thanks OEM.

I feel ya OEM. I am the same way with my golf money. I think I might do it for one wedge, but not all 3.

QFT

I just cant see spending as much for 3 wedges as for a whole iron set. I guess my OEM'ing does have its limits...:confused2:

Same here. I would want to do it, but I am not rich like that.

I wonder if all of those who are posting of the "awesomeness" of these will actually be purchasing or not.

I won't be purchasing it because I just don't have the funds now that I have decided to be responsible with my money. If I get a raise, I would think about it for sure, but I probably would not pull the trigger. This is not for people like me however, this is for the people who just have to have it and don't mind shelling out for it. If I had the $$$, I would do it in a heartbeat and I would also demand that I put my own design on there because I am sure they would not have a problem with that if I shelled out a little more for that privilege. Heck, maybe they should have me design some designs and pay me with a set of wedges :confused2:

That's an interesting line of thinking seth, and if they did have that option, I'd love to see what you may come up with.

I am actually thinking of mocking something up just to see what it could look like.

That's what I love so much about the customization. For someone who wants to stand out, or who likes things with a bit more flare, or who enjoy having personalized things this is perfect for them.

I agree, though I wish the price wasn't set where it is. I would love a regular 588 with just an engraving on it, but that would only be worth it if it was only a little extra money for one engraving. Still, the website is so much fun to play around with!

If I were ordering these, I'd probably go skinless with the RTG finish and find a grind I liked. Maybe a little stamping, but I'd probably go on the plain side as well.

Dang these are cool! Setho and the rest of my home boys/girls, if I hit the lotto you guys are going to get a set of these :blob:

If I were ordering these, I'd probably go skinless with the OEM Rules finish and find a grind I liked. Maybe a little stamping, but I'd probably go on the plain side as well.

I like it Hawk.

First of all, I agree with most on here. I do think these are very visually appealing particularly as a collectors piece. I'm not at any point where I can spend that kind of money to look pretty on a shelf though.

On the other hand, I think we're looking at them more from the laser skinning than from the other custom stamping/grinding options. Looking more at the Overton/Toms pictures, there are probably some opportunities for Cleveland to sell to people who want something a bit more custom to what they need/want. For Cleveland, I would assume that it's not a whole different manufacturing product for where they start with a custom head, so they don't have to keep a massive inventory of them, and at a $70-$80 premium (minus the cost of the customization), it can be a higher margin product. I like that they have taken the step with the NCs and now these to make it an option.

Dude! What name do you engrave on yours? Tmod, Tmex, Yoccos, Julius Peppers, The Grossmen? So many wonderful options for you my friend.

Man this is what I'm struggling with especially if I have to pay extra for more letters lol. I kid I kid. But really, I'm struggling with what I'd put on there.

First of all, I agree with most on here. I do think these are very visually appealing particularly as a collectors piece. I'm not at any point where I can spend that kind of money to look pretty on a shelf though.

On the other hand, I think we're looking at them more from the laser skinning than from the other custom stamping/grinding options. Looking more at the Overton/Toms pictures, there are probably some opportunities for Cleveland to sell to people who want something a bit more custom to what they need/want. For Cleveland, I would assume that it's not a whole different manufacturing product for where they start with a custom head, so they don't have to keep a massive inventory of them, and at a $70-$80 premium (minus the cost of the customization), it can be a higher margin product. I like that they have taken the step with the NCs and now these to make it an option.

This is a great point. It's more than just the 'skins'. This is like having your clubs built on the tour vans just like the professionals. You can have your clubs fit perfectly to how you like them and have your initials on them too if you want.

Man this is what I'm struggling with especially if I have to pay extra for more letters lol. I kid I kid. But really, I'm struggling with what I'd put on there.

Id go with this: "This 588 protected by Mexico"
"ese"

Good point. Proof in the pudding so they say.
You're all about pudding all of a sudden! :D

I'm a man of the man of the people!
I like you when you're a man for the people :D

These are cool, but I could never imagine spending that kind of cash on a set. I agree one would be cool to have if given to me. I think mine would say "Skull Candy".

These wedges look incrdible. I might have to add one to my Christmas list.

If I were ordering these, I'd probably go skinless with the RTG finish and find a grind I liked. Maybe a little stamping, but I'd probably go on the plain side as well.

I like this idea Hawk. That finish is nice, and the fact that you can customize grinds is pretty special. I hate being plain.

Back