Got a lot of golf courses near your house?

BigBallFirst

Reaction score
Handicap
Inside 60y
I'm thinking when I retire I want to live where there are a lot of golf courses nearby (within a couple miles). Right now my neighborhood has 8 golf courses within a 2.5mi radius, but I'm looking for somewhere similar on the mainland. It would be even better if they were open year round... I hear Myrtle Beach area is supposed to have a pretty high concentration. What you got?

There are quite a few in the lakeland area. But I would have to think Naples fl is near the to of the list in concentration.

Tapin for bird

And I thought I could help when I read the title...because there's 7 courses in a 45 mile radius here...

There's like 25 courses in my county not including private ones. At least that many within an hour drive not in my county.

i got about 10-15 in a 20 minute driving window. not all are public but theres so many to pick from i love where i live. and one of the biggest reasons i've never joined a private course. to much variety to play the same place every day.

I can get to about 10-20 courses in under a half hour here. There's so much open space around here and I love all the golf because of it.

Palm Springs if you don't mind the heat during the summer. Tons of courses there.

Greenskeeper.org has a listing and reviews of the courses there.

Myrtle Beach gets pretty toasty in the summer too. I would have a hard time wanting to leave Hawaii...

Myrtle Beach gets pretty toasty in the summer too. I would have a hard time wanting to leave Hawaii...

Yea weather and year round golf is awesome here, but retirement dollars will only last so long here... I'm pretty sure green fees/club fees are much less $ in the mainland.

There is really only on decent course w/ in an hours drive of me.

Yea weather and year round golf is awesome here, but retirement dollars will only last so long here... I'm pretty sure green fees/club fees are much less $ in the mainland.

No doubt. Yeah, the cost of living in Hawaii is insane. Well, if you are thinking about Myrtle Beach, it's really only a couple of months out of the year when it is super hot. And even then, if you tee off early in the morning, it's doable.

Back