What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 80 taday, 39 front and 41 on the back. It was cold in Dallas today, some snow fluries and some cold rain. Hit the ball good, just had some bad bounces today. Overall great day for golf :)

Shot 80 taday, 39 front and 41 on the back. It was cold in Dallas today, some snow fluries and some cold rain. Hit the ball good, just had some bad bounces today. Overall great day for golf :)

Nice score Dh, and I agree just about any day is an overall great day for golf.

I couldn't sleep today so I got up and ran to the First Tee par 3 for some range time and short game practice. I wanted to work on the settings on my new driver (which was a huge success). I then hit a few wedges and moved on to the Par 3 course. This course is where it all started for me 8 months ago. It's a short 9 hole par 3 course that is pretty easy, but with some serious slope to the small greens. The holes range from 75 to 140 yards.

I shot a +3 30!!! Didn't keep track of stats but I didn't hit many greens, and had several long one putts. I realized how much my putting has improved from playing on the course I joined. My course has fast greens that have quick breaks that are hard to detect. Due to the slope, the greens at this par 3 gave me fits as recently as 1.5 months ago, now they seemed so easy.

It was fun to look back because I remember shooting close to 50 on this course regularly back in April, and that was taking quite a few mulligans.

Walked 18 yesterday with 4 members of our local golf team, all can really really play, and I walked with a freshman I know very well and he is a future star player in the making, just plays fantastic. Anyways, first couple holes were pretty poor, and he gave me a simple tip of keeping the clubface pointing at the ball as long as possible on my takeaway and I picked that up and after that I drove it great and played great, 44 on the front, but even on the back for an 80. Eagled 16 with a 45ft putt off the green was great, but doubled the next hole to throw away a chance at a personal best round but really happy with how I played, havent played a whole lot recently so I was excited!

Walked 18 yesterday with 4 members of our local golf team, all can really really play, and I walked with a freshman I know very well and he is a future star player in the making, just plays fantastic. Anyways, first couple holes were pretty poor, and he gave me a simple tip of keeping the clubface pointing at the ball as long as possible on my takeaway and I picked that up and after that I drove it great and played great, 44 on the front, but even on the back for an 80. Eagled 16 with a 45ft putt off the green was great, but doubled the next hole to throw away a chance at a personal best round but really happy with how I played, havent played a whole lot recently so I was excited!

Good Job man, thats the kinda back 9 you can build on.

I couldn't sleep today so I got up and ran to the First Tee par 3 for some range time and short game practice. I wanted to work on the settings on my new driver (which was a huge success). I then hit a few wedges and moved on to the Par 3 course. This course is where it all started for me 8 months ago. It's a short 9 hole par 3 course that is pretty easy, but with some serious slope to the small greens. The holes range from 75 to 140 yards.

I shot a +3 30!!! Didn't keep track of stats but I didn't hit many greens, and had several long one putts. I realized how much my putting has improved from playing on the course I joined. My course has fast greens that have quick breaks that are hard to detect. Due to the slope, the greens at this par 3 gave me fits as recently as 1.5 months ago, now they seemed so easy.

It was fun to look back because I remember shooting close to 50 on this course regularly back in April, and that was taking quite a few mulligans.

Nice write up wr, enjoyed the read. Good shooting buddy.

Congrats on a solid round coondog, nice back 9.

42, 42 today. Partner and I tied for first on net. Good day for us.

75 (+3) at my home club in the Saturday stableford. Still coughing up the double bogey I left on 18 to finish up..... Nice.

I shot an 87 today. The second best thing about the score is that I shot it on CHRISTMAS DAY!. The best thing about the score is that is shot a 39 on the back nine, the first time I broke 40. Hell, it was the ftrst time I shot better than 41! I missed a 6 foot birdie putt on the last hole and made 6 pars on the back nine. The 48 on the front was a drag, but the back nine was like a dream. I even went for a 469 yard par 5 in two! Left it 40 yards short, hit the pitch over the green, chunked a chip to the fringe, shipped short and 2 putted for a 7. I'm thinking birdie and end up with a double! Still broke 40 on the nine!

nice round smalls!! So jealous you got to get out today.

I shot an 87 today. The second best thing about the score is that I shot it on CHRISTMAS DAY!. The best thing about the score is that is shot a 39 on the back nine, the first time I broke 40. Hell, it was the ftrst time I shot better than 41! I missed a 6 foot birdie putt on the last hole and made 6 pars on the back nine. The 48 on the front was a drag, but the back nine was like a dream. I even went for a 469 yard par 5 in two! Left it 40 yards short, hit the pitch over the green, chunked a chip to the fringe, shipped short and 2 putted for a 7. I'm thinking birdie and end up with a double! Still broke 40 on the nine!

Smalls that is an awesome back 9. A really good score overall as well. That back 9 can teach you a lot about what it takes to shoot well, so keep it up buddy! And golf on Christmas is always a good thing.

Congrats Smalls! Heck of a round there my friend! Nice 39 on the back, way to turn the round away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go Smalls, personal best are always good.

Way to go Smalls!

Nice going there Smallie, that is one strong comeback, Congratulations buddy.

Thanks everyone, it was a fun nine! And I think I'm playing tomorrow too! If work allows, I can play every day the rest of the year! mid to upper 40s , and even low 50s towards the end of the week. It's wild that we can play this late.

Had a little reality check today, 97. Played a course in Ft. Lauderdale for the first (and last) time. Rediculously long and in over crappy shape, greens looked like that hadn't been mown in several days or rolled since the turn of the century and hardpan everywhere. Add to that I couldn't figure out my swing on a consistent basis, but at least I got my wedges around the green figured out.

Edit: congrats smalls on the nice round, merry Christmas indeed!

--
tapatalk

Some courses are just not worth playing again, sorry you had to find one on Christmas Day but at least you have the wedges ready now so it was a good day.

Smally, congrats on the great round, especially the 39 PB. Well done!

Can't wait to play tomorrow either! Its been awhile

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Congrats Smalls - great back 9!! Hopefully a sign of things to come for you man.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Fantastic round Smalls!!! I hope to shoot well today, going out with D_in_LA and Chivas Irons ( does not post much but is a good friend and a fun golfer) .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back