Texas Get Together

Your right....I was only looking at the room rate and not the package rate. Package rate would be $185. I'll keep checking back.

Found the group...thanks.

2shoes / Nate - Here is a link to the course I mentioned not far from Hillsboro...might be a good option to split driving between Austin/Dallas:

http://www.whitebluffresort.com/Leisure/Golf.aspx

T
hey have 36 holes...both are pretty good from what I remember. My guess would be somewhere in the $250-300 range for two nights lodging and 3 rounds of golf.

Course Shawn posted above used to host the TX state amateur and I have been told it is very nice.

Tappin' from my iPad!

just to be the annoying guy that wants everyone to join his group....1 more link for the new guys!!!!

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/group.php?groupid=37

I'm glad to see this thread back up and moving. I agree that after the Holidays is when we need to start busting this thing out. The only thing I worry about with the Possible February date is for guys who have to plan their vacation in advance. I'll be good, I actually think it might work better for me atm; but again after the Holidays everyone should know where they stand.

So they have 4 condos from what I'm seeing - http://www.vaalercreekgolfclub.com/stay-n-play 2 - 2 bedroom and 2 - 3 bedrooms. Wonder if they would allow sleeping bags in the living room! With that being said, it would easily be under $100 to stay and play for 2 days.

I like that even better. 2012 is going to be an expensive golf trip year for me so everything helps!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

if nate is bringing the girl from his avatar, you can count me in!

I'm from Sugar Land, Houston suburb, but unfortunately work weekends. One of the drawbacks to my job is situations like this one, but the plus is that courses are less crowded and less expensive on Tuesdays. Wish that I could join in with other THPers- it sounds like a lot of fun.

Got this back from the head pro at Vaaler Creek yesterday:

Hi Nathan,
The first two weekends in January are booked
for the condos already, but after that it's pretty much open every weekend
through February. We have a tournament scheduled for January 21st that
will probably take up the entire course and another one on February 11th and
February 25th. As far as the condos go, we have two 2-bedroom units and
two 3-bedroom units that are used for rental. Here is a breakdown of the
condo number and the sleeping arrangements:

#103 (3 bedroom)--1 king bed, 1 queen bed,
2 twin beds

#201 (3 bedroom)--1 queen bed, 2 twin
beds, 2 twin beds

#104 (2 bedroom)--1 king bed, 1 queen
bed

#204 (2 bedroom)--1 queen bed, 2 twin
beds

The 3-bedroom condos are $200 per night and
the 2-bedroom condos are $175 per night. Each round of golf is $30.
With 12 players you could use condos 103, 201, and 204. If that's what you
ended up doing, here is the price breakdown:

Two 3-bedroom condos @ $200
One 2-bedroom condo @ $175
24 rounds of golf @ $30
Subtotal = $1295
Tax = $93.89
Total = $1388.89
Total per player would be $115.74

If that sounds like it'll work let me know
what weekend you would prefer and I'll make sure that it's available.

Thanks,

Adam
Grosch, PGA
Director Of Golf
Vaaler Creek Golf Club

Price is good at $115! DFW'ers it is about 4 1/2 hours from Plano, just FYI. It's outside of Blanco so would probably have to eat/drink in the town that night. So right now we are basically looking at the weekend of Jan 28th (Sat), Feb. 4th (Sat), Feb. 18th (Sat). I have emailed him back to see what time the tournaments start and if these rates are good for March and April. Let ya know.

Great info and rates there Nate!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

I drove by there a couple weeks ago and it looks good. I need to go by and play sometime.

Ok, just to follow-up, the pro said the prices are the same for the spring months so if we want to play it safe and book something for March/April that is an option. Also said, they don't charge anything up front, it's basically a reservation and that if the weekend is looking bad (weather/rain/etc) we can cancel with no penalty.

Nice, great price for all that you get. Late March is ideal to ensure we can get some nice 70 degree days.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Rates look great! Also, I think somebody already mentioned but there's a Best Western in Blanco as well if we have more golfers than the course can handle.

Those rates look great Nate! I am looking forward to this....I say late Feb or sometime in March.

Thanks Nate.. My pick would be March 17/18 or 31/1. I can't be there on the 24. Lets pick the date so everyone can make plans and we need a head count. First 14 at the condo's.
#1:D

Any spring dates look solid for me!

Thanks Nate for doing the leg work on this. My vote would be for mid to late March but I'm in whatever the date.

First post updates with Time, Date, Place and Who. Post in the thread if you want to be added to the list or have any questions or send me a PM. Looking forward to it guys!

Count me in, not determined if I'll be staying on site.

Anyone want to play a Sat AM round in or around Austin?

Count me in, not determined if I'll be staying on site.

Anyone want to play a Sat AM round in or around Austin?
The pro did say that he would/could put us in the 10am shotgun if you guys want to do that and then we could play another 18 right after that. I know we would have people coming in from Dallas area and that's a 4.5 hour drive to the course from there. But if enough of you 'locals' want to play I can email him about playing at 10 as well.

Looks great Nate...thanks for doing all the legwork....if there is enough that want to p,sy at 10am too, I'm game.

Back