What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played a bridgestone b330-rxs and an E6. Trading off. I had played the e6 before, and it is a good ball, nothing spectacular about it, but a decent ball. I dont know if it reduces 'side spin' and its effect on the ball as claimed...I thought the b330-rxs better into the greens and around the green. Still say a pro V or pro v1 have better spin control, but I like the price better of the b330...I putt the same with either.

i played 18 holes with 1 ball today
finally
it was a pinnacle distance ball and it was a pretty solid performer from tee to green
lil bit clicky off the putter and didnt stop to well with my wedges but it got me even par on the back 9
its not even too scuffed and none the worse for wear

TM Penta - hit 9 of 14 fairways and one of the best 3W shots I can remember during the round, putted better than average too. Great ball.

Played a Nike 20XI-S yesterday. This ball freaking SPINS. I thought the b330s spun a lot but this one was just over the top. From 95 yards out, 30 feet over the pin and pulled back 20 leaving me with a 10 foot birdie putt. That was with it just catching the fringe too. AWESOME! Ninth hole, 100 out over water to a elevated green. Ball landed front third of green, spun back off the green down a hill and into the dang water! NOT AWESOME! No loss there as I found it in a bucket of balls on the range while warming up. If your looking for a ball that pulls back like a mother this is the one for you. Felt nice off the tee but I think if you tend to slice or hook you'd want to stay away. Felt amazing off mid irons and I was really liking it on the greens putting as well, very soft feeling and a nice click sound. One thing I really liked about this ball was it seemed easier to work then the B330S, but that could of just been cause I was on my game yesterday. Think I may have to try the 20XI-X now cause I'm more of a one hop stop kind of guy.

played a titleist dtsolo today and i thought i was gonna lose taht baby with all this wind we had today but it was a good ball all the way around

Played a prov1x for 18 and don't hit the ball that great, but I love the spin around the greens and into the greens. I played the penta for the last 9 (played 27). The penta doesn't bite as quick which can kill you at my home course. I stopped a pro v1x on a downslope that is about 10 ft of elevation change in the green. The penta would have rolled to the back of the green. My problem is that I was -1 with the penta in 20 mph winds and the titleist I played a few over. I wasn't as long with the penta either and was getting up and down from everywhere. Both great balls, but the prov1x is a better performer in my opinion.

I've been going back and back forth between ProV1x and Penta. But, because of poor swings and too many lost balls in the few prior rounds, I played a Titleist TourDistance I found in the bushes (been there a lot recently). Drives were a little tighter. Ball is a bit firmer on the greens, which worked out on the slow greens I played this past weekend. I managed not to lose this ball after losing half a dozen in the past three rounds. Go figure. When swing returns, I will probably go back to ProV1x, but the TourDistance is a good cheaper ball when afraid of losing balls.

IMO the Bridgestone line is one of the most solid I've seen in years! That said I played and E7 for 2 years and was a great all around ball. As of now I play a Penta and love the feel around the greens. I also tried the tour iz and another solid ball! And the kicker of this is when the Penta came out I tried them and didn't like them @ the time was use to the firmer e7.

Played a bridgestone fixx tonight. What a surprisingly outstanding ball, good distance and plenty of spin into the greens. Certainly not a ball to be overlooked for those in the market for a budget ball.

Less of a what ball did you play and more of a suggestion post. I need to drop spin from both the irons and the driver and then Penta/Hex Black are having an adverse effect.

So what's out there that's still a soft covered ball for highish speeds that spins slightly less then someone selected to be a MC participant?

Less of a what ball did you play and more of a suggestion post. I need to drop spin from both the irons and the driver and then Penta/Hex Black are having an adverse effect.

So what's out there that's still a soft covered ball for highish speeds that spins slightly less then someone selected to be a MC participant?

What about the 330-RX? I know I was seeing less spin with that compared to the Penta.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Bridgestone B330 or the Callaway Tour iz come to mind.

Played with a Precept ? "Laddie" for the front 9 got a 45 with 19 putts!
Pulled out the same Penta TP I found two weeks ago for the back 9 - 37 with 12 putts OH MY
I absolutely crush my drives with it and it just stops wherever I land it on the green.
37 is my NEW best for a 9
Woot

Still playing the taylormade tp blacks that I found a great deal on. Love the spin around the green but like most could use less side spin with the driver.

Define highish?

B330
Tour iz
Zstar xv

--
tapatalk

B330, like a few others have stated.

I played a NXT Tour on the back nine, because I love the sound off of the driver and putter.

started with a pinnacle gold distance ball and hooked it into the water trying to get out of the woods on #7
titleist dt solo was next to go swimming on 13... caught that baby really fat off the tee and it dunked square in the middle of the pond
titleist prov1x decided to take a dive on the last hole when i decided to "go for it" with a headwind in my face
finished out with a dt solo

What about the 330-RX? I know I was seeing less spin with that compared to the Penta.

I actually used the 330RX before the Penta, might go back to it. Seem to recall I had sidespin issues with it at times though. Worth a shot again

Bridgestone B330 or the Callaway Tour iz come to mind.

Both are on my radar, the iZ more so since places are blowing them out super cheap. Not sure I care of the standard click of Callaway balls but I suppose I could get use to it.

Define highish?

B330
Tour iz
Zstar xv

--
tapatalk

108 average, topping at 111. Generally drops to 102ish when I get tired. All have been added on my list to try again. Cheers mate.

Did you try the Z star XV from last year vs this years? I seem to really that ball feeling really heavy on chips though it weighted the same as the Penta.

B330, like a few others have stated.

Cheers, added to the list.

My mate stuck my info into golfballselector.com and came out with Zstar, Zstar XV, Prov1, 20Xi-X and Wilson D:25 which is an interesting mix. Below them was the B330, TP Black, Burner Tour and the V1x.

Did you try the Z star XV from last year vs this years? I seem to really that ball feeling really heavy on chips though it weighted the same as the Penta.

Cheers, added to the list.

I can only presume the current version, I was unaware of a change. Used them in a round about a month ago, I liked them just fine, have plenty of the pink RX's in my bag though.

Felt like most other premium balls except for the penta off irons, that ball just feels super soft to me. Plenty long off the tee, and though I didn't put it on a monitor I didn't notice it going sideways more than usual. Didn't notice it feeling any different on chips or pitches, but felt a touch softer than the RX when putting.

Started playing 330RXs in the last few rounds. Could be a result of the cooler weather in PA, but they do seem to play a bit shorter than the E6/E7s. Overall, a big Bridgestone fan here.

I found a B330 RXS today on the second hole, and I finished the round with it. I thought it was great. It seemed real long off the Driver and Long Irons, and was great around the greens. Had a great feel with the putter also. And it sounded really nice dropping in the hole.

started with a srixon z urs and it went swimming on the 3rd hole... big fat slice
finished with a bs tour 330 and it performed very well... especially off the putter

Taylormade Penta TP. Love this ball - best I have ever played but I need to try some other things...have not even gotten close to comparing it to the top tier balls from several OEM's.

B-330S again for me. Love this ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back