The One Question Answer Thread

Razr X Black was another very forgiving driver. Very underrated IMO

That is a fitting issue, not a club head issue. And FWIW, there is no standard to "stiff".
David Toms played the regular CG Black and then the Tour Black for a good months stretch. I believe his swing speed is faster than 103.

I can understand that. But 99% of golfers with a swing speed over 105 (generalization) will have fitting issues.

David toms did not play an off the rack stiff set up.

The stock offering of this driver is not built for over 105. It just isn't. I never said it was club head specific. I was talking about the driver as a whole, and actually referenced the shaft more than the head. Yorkem threw a stiffer shaft in and it worked great.

But as a stock OTR package, this club is not built for 105+

Razr Fit is an extremely forgiving driver, and can be had for a song these days.

I can understand that. But 99% of golfers with a swing speed over 105 (generalization) will have fitting issues.

David toms did not play an off the rack stiff set up.

The stock offering of this driver is not built for over 105. It just isn't. I never said it was club head specific. I was talking about the driver as a whole, and actually referenced the shaft more than the head. Yorkem threw a stiffer shaft in and it worked great.

But as a stock OTR package, this club is not built for 105+

If that is the debate neither were about 5 others including the superfast. Lots of drivers standard offerings are weaker tipped now.

That CG Tour Black sure is awesome.

Found it at demo day and hit it...again.

I saw one of these the other day used and almost free

Whats the best, most cost effective ball to reduce driver spin.
(around $20-$35 a dozen).

That is a fitting issue, not a club head issue. And FWIW, there is no standard to "stiff".
David Toms played the regular CG Black and then the Tour Black for a good months stretch. I believe his swing speed is faster than 103.

Not by much, 105 according to pgatour.com.

Whats the best ball to reduce driver spin.
No titlest fanboys please

Depends on the person swinging and how much you are looking to reduce.

Whats the best, most cost effective ball to reduce driver spin.
(around $20-$35 a dozen).

Bridgestone e6

Or the Polara.

The Polara is a non conforming ball though, and not actually sure on cost.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

What are some good stretches/drills to get loose and ready before a round of golf?

I love the Mechanic! Need to start busting out that stretch routine with my altitudes at the course. With velcro shoes? Minds blown.

What does the "AP" stand for in the Titleist AP 2?

This is a thread where if you have a question that just has a few answers, you can post here and ask a question instead of creating a new thread.

Let me start it off. Are there any drivers that are extremely forgiving but still go a decent distance? I'm getting a new driver and I'm trying to find one that I can hit straight most of the time.

This is a mythical beast that does not exist in my world.

Does anyone make a "wedge" shaft that is under 100 grams?

Would placing the ball more forward or back in your stance help eliminate hooks?

Would placing the ball more forward or back in your stance help eliminate hooks?

Placing it more forward in your stance will definitely not help it and most likely make it worse. I'm not so sure about placing it farther back in your stance. Just go on the range if you have a chance and try tweaking some things and see what helps.

Does anyone make a "wedge" shaft that is under 100 grams?

I can't think of a wedge specific shaft but it will work to take a KBS Tour 90 PW shaft and trim it to length.

THPing on Tapatalk

Back