How to hit it straighter ?

jacob1

Needs more cow bell
Reaction score
Handicap

Ive been slicing the ball and I feel like I should be able to hit it farther. Any sugestions? Thanks!

There are a few things going on, but I think the simplest advice to digest and take to the course right away would be: less is more.

From the front view it is evident you have a lot of sway off the ball- note the head movement from (your) left to right. Practice in front of a mirror and spot your head- it's ok to have a tiny bit of lateral motion, but yours falls under the category of "a ton" of lateral motion. Tough to be consistent from there. In order to accomplish this, it might require a bit less shoulder turn- you appear to be quite supple.

Hope that helps,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara, CA

I used to do the same thing. My Golftec coach told me the easiest way to stop swaying is to focus on trying to read the ball. If you sway a lot, you can't do it. It has helped me a ton.

That's a great tip, I tended to also move my head way behind during my backswing which caused me to lose sight of the ball and the club had to come across the ball because that was the on;y way I could make it also I swayed and I swayed my hips so I could never make solid contact.

anyways, I've been working with a mirror and it's been helping me.

Back