Worst lie you have had

dleavitt39

Reaction score
Handicap
14-16
Just as the title reads, what are some of the worst lies you have ended up with. I'll start. Did this on a par 3 that ended short...almost broke my club and wrist getting it out of thereView attachment 5036

DL

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk 2

Good idea for a thread. I don't usually take pictures of them, but maybe I will in the future. I've had some pretty bad breaks with odd hops into impossible situations (wedged between roots, stuck in a tree and of course almost buried like yours in bunker). I'll remember to snag some pictures next time.

Up against the forward edge of a bunker, the top of which curled over like a wave and water on the right (and I'm right handed). A billiard shot off the front "wall" to where I could get over and on the green

I once plugged a 9 iron from a fairway bunker into the muddy-water collection area just in front of a green at Ranch Park golf course in Los Angeles. It had buried so deep only the tippy top of the ball wasn't covered by the mud or water. When I pulled the ball out the sound was like a tiny thunderclap of mud being sucked into the vacuum that was created.

Eww.

Hit my drive about 3 feet off the fairway and ended up buried under mud and almost invisible. When we went up to look for the ball it took forever to find which made no sense because the grass wasn't even thick (more of a first cut) and we saw exactly where it landed but just couldn't find it

285125_10150345428838268_1124724_n.jpg
This is from last summer. One of several bad lies. More irritating than anything.

i once bladed a iron in a fairway bunker into the the edge of the bunker and it plugged. it didn't plug in the sand but in the few inches of over hanging turf above the sand. it wasn't very good.

Worst lie that I can remember also gave me one of my best shots. Prestwick country club, myrtle beach, #9 right of the green, standing in the greenside bunker, back to the green, ball was hung up (defying gravity) on a hill at shoulder level, yep it was literally looking at me at almost eye level saying to me whatcha you going to do now. Lob wedge, standing in the bunker, hitting a ball almost 5 feet above my feet, somehow popped it over my left shoulder, (ducking to the right as I hit it) on to the green to about 15 feet, missed par putt of course.

Check out Prestwick’s site and look at course tour #9, it’s funny because I just went back to check the holes, I knew it was either #9 or #18 because they both go around the main lake in front of club house. The picture they have of #9 look to the left of the green and you can see bunkers where is stood, and the hills the ball hung up on.

http://www.prestwickcountryclub.com/

No picture (it was a few years back). Par 3, 160y or so. Elevated green, fronted by bunkers on each side which went from ground level up to 15' or so, and steeply sloped.
Just rocketed a screamer about 14' high and plugged HARD perhaps 2' from the top of the bunker. I had to hit sideways, and was standing feet splayed, digging for traction...with the ball at eye level.

Choked up as best I could, swung hard, and both the ball and I tumbled to the bottom of the bunker. Not a lot of compassion among the playing partners. Once they stopped laughing.

I was playing in a Golf Channel Am. Tour Event and had a pretty good front nine. I knew I had to be right near the top. The 10th hole was a relatively short par 3. I pulled by 8-iron into a greenside bunker, or a least I thought I did. It took me about three minutes to finally find it, when I did I kinda wish I hadn't. All but 1 or 2 dimples were buried deep in the sand underneath an overhanding lip. It took me 4 to get out. End of tournament.

That would have to be the one when I was 9 and told my mom I didn't eat all the brownies when I had chocolate smeared all over my face

I forgot to take a picture of it, but a few rounds back I was on under the back lip of a bunker about 5 yards from the pin with almost no green to work with. I skulled it 20 yards over the green.

Couple years back, my ball bounced up and got stuck in a bush next to a big sink hole. The ball was about 2ft off the ground but clearly visible (a scrawny bush). I've got a picture of it somewhere, but it wasn't a digital camera, and I don't know where the "hard copy" is. I got it out of the bush with one swing, but only advanced it maybe 10 ft.

Buried in the back face of a greenside bunker under the lip. Trying to hit that off of the downslope was impossible.

Buried in the back face of a greenside bunker under the lip. Trying to hit that off of the downslope was impossible.

Same thing for me.

well, I had a Navy recruiter tell me the food on submarines was good. that was a pretty bad lie. :act-up:

seriously though...when I get a little misguided off the tee box, the ones that are most frustrating are when I find myself tangled up in exposed tree roots with a clear line of sight to my target.....gotta take the drop to have a chance at a shot. dang that's frustrating

This is without a doubt the worst lie I have ever had haha. Was lucky to find it never mind trying to hit it.......!!!

DSC_0730.jpg

holy carp...that's bad...the only thing I've ever seen worse, was my playing partner yesterday, he hit the power transformer, and there are spikes on it to prevent people from climbing...it doesn't differentiate between people and golf balls...his prov1 was skewered onto the transformer.

Dan

Was playing with a friend that has his ball find its way 2 feet under at the bottom of a gofer hole. That was a pretty tough lie to get out of..

This is without a doubt the worst lie I have ever had haha. Was lucky to find it never mind trying to hit it.......!!!

DSC_0730.jpg

Call it an egg in a birds nest and declare it lost...

Well let's see.... Hmmmmm it was on a Saturday night when KellyBo and I hit a hawt patch of red bugs :bulgy-eyes:....... Yep bad lie fo show :act-up:

Worst lie that I can remember also gave me one of my best shots. Prestwick country club, myrtle beach, #9 right of the green, standing in the greenside bunker, back to the green, ball was hung up (defying gravity) on a hill at shoulder level, yep it was literally looking at me at almost eye level saying to me whatcha you going to do now. Lob wedge, standing in the bunker, hitting a ball almost 5 feet above my feet, somehow popped it over my left shoulder, (ducking to the right as I hit it) on to the green to about 15 feet, missed par putt of course.

Check out Prestwick’s site and look at course tour #9, it’s funny because I just went back to check the holes, I knew it was either #9 or #18 because they both go around the main lake in front of club house. The picture they have of #9 look to the left of the green and you can see bunkers where is stood, and the hills the ball hung up on.

http://www.prestwickcountryclub.com/

One of my favorite courses ever!

I had one hanging 15" above my feet on 3 blades of weeds/grass. It was at the bottom of a slope & I had to stand in shallow mud/water to lob it over the pond to the green. Hit it short, it landed in the hazard. Dropped it & it returned to almost the exact same spot. This time it landed 15 ft from the flag. Bogey on that par5 felt like stealing!

Rain most everyday last week had my course had the course I played yesterday a little damp. I hit a long chip over 1 bunker in front of the green and watched it slow roll to the edge of another bunker (pin was pretty tight to the fringe on that side.) I walked around to the bunker to find my ball was in the drainage hole they'd dug to dry it out. Right smack in the middle of it. I'm pretty sure that's a free drop out of the hole but have no idea.

Back