What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 14 holes today in the frost. Shot 6 over. 8 pars 6 bogeys. Burnt the edges on a few birds but never made one. Tough playing on the frozen tundra. Couldn't hit the green or it would bounce over. Had to play links style.

Here's a pic of the club face after one shot. Thats ice btw.

c6e4deca-0816-073a.jpg

Just saw this. That is hard core dude!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

One last day in Fla before heading back tomorrow, I played Pine Barrens. It was nice weather, shorts, short sleeves, and the course was in good condition. I only three-putted twice and made a lot of putts. (three putt is hard to avoid at PB when you don't stay below the hole.) So that wasn't too bad for the trip, three putted once Saturday and two times today. Birdies weren't going in, lots of lip outs. 39-40 79. Now its back to several layers of clothes, cold weather, and muddy conditions at home. Can't wait to get back down here, maybe middle of January.

+6/+5 83
me and wind do not get along on the course
altho i didnt lose a ball today i was just off by a hair on every shot
miss fw's by a foot... miss greens by a foot... miss putts by a foot
all that added up

One last day in Fla before heading back tomorrow, I played Pine Barrens. It was nice weather, shorts, short sleeves, and the course was in good condition. I only three-putted twice and made a lot of putts. (three putt is hard to avoid at PB when you don't stay below the hole.) So that wasn't too bad for the trip, three putted once Saturday and two times today. Birdies weren't going in, lots of lip outs. 39-40 79. Now its back to several layers of clothes, cold weather, and muddy conditions at home. Can't wait to get back down here, maybe middle of January.

Good round buddy, yep some 3 putts are a lot better than others. Above the hole on slick greens are certainly very hard to 2 putt.

+7 on the front nine
Even par on the back nine
Temp in the high 40s.

It would've helped if I warmed up on the range or putted for a few minutes before our round this morning, but that wasn't the case. Took me a few holes and a few d.bogeys to warm up, but it was a decent day. 3 birdies, one too many d.bogeys and few good par saves. All in all, it was a decent day.

Shot my lowest score to date today! Prior was 83 and I was shooting that pretty consistently. Today was an 81 though.
Only one double bogey today which is my least ever. One birdy as well. Scrambled for par on several holes successfully.
I would have shot 80 or maybe even 79 had I not flubbed my last chip of the day and then had a bad lie in the bunker (left foot out and up to my waist and one foot in and well below the ball). It was all I could do to swing the club at the ball and my bunker shot landed about 15 -20 feet to the right of the hole.
I guess it just wasn't meant to be as I promised myself that the day I shoot 79 or better will be the day that I buy myself that all white Terdliest staff bag that I've been drooling over.

I played 12 holes yesterday and was 8 over. That's not good for me, but I did finish with two pars (should have been birdie - par). I'm ready for the cold weather to get out of here. I feel like I lose all touch around the greens in cold weather.

Shot my lowest score to date today! Prior was 83 and I was shooting that pretty consistently. Today was an 81 though.
Only one double bogey today which is my least ever. One birdy as well. Scrambled for par on several holes successfully.
I would have shot 80 or maybe even 79 had I not flubbed my last chip of the day and then had a bad lie in the bunker (left foot out and up to my waist and one foot in and well below the ball). It was all I could do to swing the club at the ball and my bunker shot landed about 15 -20 feet to the right of the hole.
I guess it just wasn't meant to be as I promised myself that the day I shoot 79 or better will be the day that I buy myself that all white Terdliest staff bag that I've been drooling over.

Nice shooting buddy, I knew your scores would be dropping fast as you have a great swing to be so new to the game, are you still seeing a pro?

Played 9 this morning.

Shot 42 with 2 doubles and zero birdies. Hit a whopping ZERO GIR.

15 putts.

Think I need some more forgiving irons for my game.....hmmmm.

Nice playing everyone and congrats on the 81 coltharris!

I'd like to report on my round from yesterday. Got to play a tough local track that features a ton of oak trees. As is often the case, it was a tale of two nines... I shot a 41 on the front and a 48 on the back. A little disappointed in the final tally but it is a new personal best at this course.

The really encouraging thing was that my ball striking was really sharp and I am getting my driver back to form. One of those rounds where not everything came together but there were a lot of good things to build on. Knock off a few mental lapses and trust the swing, and all will be good!

Shot a 80 yesterday (with a paper triple after losing a ball in the trees/leaves)... holed out from 155 yards in a fairway bunker on the first hole for eagle, but that's like striking out the first batter on 3 pitches - things can only get worse from there!

Congrats on gthe PB, Colt!

Played 9 today and shot 44 with two doubles. It's cold.

Shot a 80 yesterday (with a paper triple after losing a ball in the trees/leaves)... holed out from 155 yards in a fairway bunker on the first hole for eagle, but that's like striking out the first batter on 3 pitches - things can only get worse from there!

Nice round!

I went 43/43 today at my home course. After the front 9 I was surprised to see I posted a 43, figured I was closer to 46 so I was happy. After the back I was surprised to see I shot a 43 again, except this time it felt more like a 41. Overall I can't complain at all, it ties my lowest round at my new course. I only hit 4 fairways and 5 greens, with 30 putts. My driver wasn't good, had some hooks thrown in and I was still getting the ballooning off the tee. However I kept my drive in play all day and it didn't get me in too much trouble. My biggest problem lately has been in the 80 yard-130 range. I'm hitting my irons well, and my short game has improved tremendously when I'm chipping, but I have lost all ability to hit full swings with any of my wedges, that includes PW, AW, 54 and 58. I will hit a beautiful 9 iron from 150, but can't hit an AW from 120, it makes no sense. I have gotten to the point where I am hitting nothing but knockdowns from inside 140.

I shot an 83 in sideways rain and awful approach play....joyous day of scrambling around greens!

+5/+5 82
today was a stuggle with the putter
the driver also abandoned me on the back
1 birdie 1 double
no lost balls

I'm wishin that I could post a score. Hopefully I can soon.

Nice shooting buddy, I knew your scores would be dropping fast as you have a great swing to be so new to the game, are you still seeing a pro?

I saw a pro recently as I was working my way to the flattest swing plane I could possibly have. (see avatar) I actually ended up getting so flat that it was actually starting to hurt my game. He helped me get on a plane that's working very well for me, helped me increase separation in my backswing, and got my timing back in whack with my release. All in all he put me back together quite nicely.

I saw a pro recently as I was working my way to the flattest swing plane I could possibly have. (see avatar) I actually ended up getting so flat that it was actually starting to hurt my game. He helped me get on a plane that's working very well for me, helped me increase separation in my backswing, and got my timing back in whack with my release. All in all he put me back together quite nicely.

Good going buddy, looking forward to playing with you again when you visit home. Keep up the good work.

Shot 77 at Druids Glen with 2 birdies, 2 doubles (both on par 3's), 3 bogeys, and 11 pars. Hit one ball in the water on a par 3, got plugged in a bunker on the other par 3 and it took me 2 to get out. Those 2 holes killed me, but the rest of the round was solid. 4 over on 2 holes, and 1 over on the other 16. Getting closer!

Welcome back home huh? Incredible pin placements on almost every hole today! Rolling it good and still missed lots of putts, but my buddies missed even more. 40 43 83 and won! One guy did Ace the 14th hole.

Welcome back home huh? Incredible pin placements on almost every hole today! Rolling it good and still missed lots of putts, but my buddies missed even more. 40 43 83 and won! One guy did Ace the 14th hole.

That is awesome, you won and also witnessed a HIO, that is a great day on the course buddy. Congrats.

+4/+7 83
ionno what happened today... ballstriking just wasnt there
had 2 good drives that i felt i got into
the greens i hit were on the opposite side of the flag every time
chipping was ugggh... chunk one fly another
altho i finally had a chip in for par... hadnt had one in a while
putting was off since everything was so far away... birdies were impossible
kept 1 ball in play... thats always a positive

Played 18 at Westchase in Tampa this morning with mward. Shot 75 with a 38 and 37. Good short game day today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back