Taylormade Performance Center fitting and tipping$..??

dmgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Quick question I am going out to Palm Springs in January to get a fitting done at TM's performance center, now my question is tipping the fitter (s) or group of folks appropriate and expected, if so, how much?

Thanks

I am interested to hear what people think about this. My guess would be that it is not expected or required, but anytime you are recognized and rewarded for a job well done it would be appreciated. If they go above and beyond your expectations and you feel a tip is appropriate, then tip the person. In the end it is your decision whenter to pay more than the price of the service. They are charging enough for the fitting service, and more than likely the person doing the fitting is paid a fair salary unlike a server for instance who lives on gratuities.

Offering a tip is never bad manners. Most people won't take it, but when I have had a superb experience I insist.

I absolutely offered a tip to our local TMPL fitter. 10-20% depending on the cost. He did refuse it, and I bought him lunch instead.

I wouldnt go into it thinking I "had" to tip, but if the experience was above and beyond my expectations because of the fitters close attention and ability, I would most definitely give him a tip.

Great responses, thank you.

I won't add to what the other's have suggested, but do want to congratulate you on the trip and wish you well. Hope you come back and tell us all about it.

Save the tip money and take me with you! :D Congrats on the fitting!

Thank you I will definitely share my experience..hoping to test out the new RBZ line....more to come

Enjoy the experience. In talking to my fitter at the carlsbad TM fitting center, they are supposed to be getting the new clubs in by mid January. He did a great job for me and I tipped him - it was much appreciated by him.

Back