Any Snowboarders out there?

pmoa

Always Ponderin'
Reaction score
Handicap
Just wanted to see if any golfers out there are snowboarders. We are already looking forward to getting out on the snow after this year's dismal snow season. Here is an edit from our trip to Jay Peak this past winter. Let's get some convo going and perhaps get a trip in!

I haven't been much in the last 2 years, but I was fairly hardcore about it for the 15 or so years before my "hiatus". I would work only through the spring and summer, ration my dollars for the winter and as soon as the season started I would spend every day open-close on a mountain somewhere.

Gotta love that! Since we are in Maryland, sometimes the winter is too cold to play golf so we have to do something else. But always have to plan a big trip somewhere cause Maryland rarely gets snow.

Dude, East TN's weather sucks. Locally I have Gatlinburg, but I spent most of my winters in Boone NC, Snow Shoe WV, and Breckenridge CO. The money I spend on golf is nothing compared to how I did with snowboarding, I was convinced I needed various boards for different conditions and what I wanted to do that day (speed, rails, air, etc.).....I was a little "dumb" about it. lol

Yes! Favorite places are park city Utah and steamboat CO

Attempted to board once, half way down I ended up walking the rest of the way. Will stick with keeping my feet apart! Funny vid.

Snowboarding is harder to learn but easier to master, skiing is easier to learn and harder to master

I am and have been for 17 years now, i was an am rider for a while though my local shop and worked at a ski hill for 10 years i find it very relaxing and a great stress release i usually start getting the itch around August and then my golf itch starts mid February when all the re-gripping sales start

I've only done this with two Ski's Pmoa. Proably bust my a$$ on one lol. Although it does look like everyone had a lot of fun.

Longtime die hard skier. Golf and everything else are a distant 2nd and always have been(since I was 5). Grew up in Wisconsin and Minnesota and averaged over 100 days each year. Now live in close to Lake Tahoe and get in about 45 days each year. Snowboarded back in the 1980's for 5 years or so but became bored with it as the midwest terrain was not challenging and the parks were a joke back then. Prefer skiing, probably because I have more control and can go faster on skis than I can a snowboard, although I'd like to try a race board with ski boots. The skis have changed so much recently and the different shapes are really fun. My powder skis have more surface area than a 158 cm snowboard.

Blew my ACL Cat skiing in British Columbia March 6th of this year. Had and ACL replacement in April and am doing great. I'll be fired up to get on the slopes again! Hopefully a great snow year as last year was weak in N. California.

Just wanted to see if any golfers out there are snowboarders. We are already looking forward to getting out on the snow after this year's dismal snow season. Here is an edit from our trip to Jay Peak this past winter. Let's get some convo going and perhaps get a trip in!

I'm still learning really. But I do enjoy it....hoping to get a lot more play in this year with a decent winter.

Man I love to ride in the winter! Not as courageous as I used to be when I was younger, I used to hit the board park all day but now mostly just ride the trails. The crappy part is, while we get a pile of snow in the winter in my area, we don't have much for large hills around here...

Man I love to ride in the winter! Not as courageous as I used to be when I was younger, I used to hit the board park all day but now mostly just ride the trails. The crappy part is, while we get a pile of snow in the winter in my area, we don't have much for large hills around here...

Well you can always go to Maine. I'm from up that way and Sugarloaf and Sunday River are great!

Snowboard every year, two favorites are Lutsen on the north shore of MN and mount Bohemia in the UP

Oh yeah. Snowboarding is my second life. Golf is my other. During the winter I rarely log on here, on usually on Easyloungin, my fav. snowboard forum. I already made a thread for this a while ago http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?26563-Ski-amp-Snowboard but whatever. I am currently riding a 2011 Capita Indoor Survival FK w/ 2011 Union Forces (Cyan). Need new boots this winter and maybe i'll pick up some new Contact Pro bindings (union of course). For boots I'm thinking burton/nike/thirtytwo.

Some other things about me snowboarding life.
-I am C3 fanboi (Capita Snowboards, Union Bindings, Coal headwear, and recently Home Watches)
-Favorite Riders- Scott Stevens, TRice, and before the devastating injury Kevin Pearce.
-Don't get me started on Shaun White, I had his guts
-I know more about snowboard gear than most people on here know about golf clubs.

Snowboarding is harder to learn but easier to master, skiing is easier to learn and harder to master
I would agree with most of this. Especially the learning part, try turning your board around and ride switch. They may alter your perspective of easier to master.

Great thing to do to learn- Learn to Ripstick. The fundamentals are the exact same. I learned to ripstick quite well before I snowboarded and never went through the beginner stage. Never fell once the first day due to not knowing how to ride.

I've snowboarded for about 18 years now. Best feeling in the world. I live in SC but i always try and go at least once a year. On the east coast Snowshoe is my favorite by far with Killington being second, simply because it is Huge by east coast standards.

sent from my brain using my thumb.

I snowboarded more 10 years back, but I try to get down a hill once / twice a year... I got lucky the last time I bought a snowboard, maybe 8 years ago. I got a second hand Burton snowboard prototype, maybe only a dozen made. I like it.

Well im not a snowboarder but i am an avid skier!! I dont buy into the whole snowboard vs ski thing and most of the people I go with are snowboarders. Id love to get out on the slopes with some of you guys.

Can't wait for snowboard season. Missed all last season due to injuries.

I would agree with most of this. Especially the learning part, try turning your board around and ride switch. They may alter your perspective of easier to master.

Great thing to do to learn- Learn to Ripstick. The fundamentals are the exact same. I learned to ripstick quite well before I snowboarded and never went through the beginner stage. Never fell once the first day due to not knowing how to ride.

Oh agreed! It's more of a saying. Both are hard to fully master. I know I got on skis easier than my snowboard. I want to try ripstick this winter. I say we set up a THP winter outing!

Oh agreed! It's more of a saying. Both are hard to fully master. I know I got on skis easier than my snowboard. I want to try ripstick this winter. I say we set up a THP winter outing!

Im so down! Especially if you guys are up in the Vermont area. Jay Peak is only like an hour north of where some of my relatives live in VT and where I'll hopefully be living here soon once I find a job up there. Let's get together and shred some stuff

I love boarding. Only been around Europe so far and dying to do the US or Canada one day. My favourite resort in Europe so far is Mayrhofen, Austria.

What are you guys currently riding? Heres my baby- (also with my signed Dan Brisse DOA poster)
Picture021edited.jpg

So excited for winter. It can't come soon enough now that the golf season is ending.

Back