I'm thinking next week I'm going to start back with doing P90X. I think I'm in good enough shape to not feel like I'm going to totally die while doing this.

Famous last words hehe. Good luck with it, you know what's coming!

Famous last words hehe. Good luck with it, you know what's coming!

I started it once before without being in any kind of shape and fell flat on my face. Hoping for different results this time.

Did Chest, Biceps, and Triceps tonight. My arms are shot to all hell. Started off using normal weight, by the end I was using 5lb dumbbells and struggling towards the 10-12th rep (did more because of the light weight). One armed pushups, I think I did 4 before I fell face first into the floor. That is one hell of an arm workout.

One-arm pushup? I haven't done p90X, but you have to be in really great shape to do those. Maybe I need to try that. I bench press over 300 lbs. and can't do a one-arm pushup haha

I started it once before without being in any kind of shape and fell flat on my face. Hoping for different results this time.

At least you know what to expect though. You know you're going to work your butt off so you can prep and pace yourself. The first week, the pause button was my favorite button in the world. Had to use it last night a few times but mostly from over-exerting myself and I just needed to get the heart rate down.

One-arm pushup? I haven't done p90X, but you have to be in really great shape to do those. Maybe I need to try that. I bench press over 300 lbs. and can't do a one-arm pushup haha

They're brutal man. I think the exercise before was a side to side pushup where you do a push up, then walk your hands and feet over to the side, do another pushup, then walk them back the other way. Those were fun.

I've had the dvd's for a while now but keep making up excuses to not do it, you guys make me so scared! Although being a shift worker it is difficult to 5 days a week. Working a 12 hour day leaves very little time to do anything before/after work apart from eat breakfast/dinner and go to bed. I need my 8-9 hours a night but will try and work out a schedule in winter when the daylight is shorter and I can't go play golf till 9pm :)

I've learned something new. Yoga kicks your butt in ways you didn't know you could be kicked.

That yoga is probably the hardest out of everything imo, if you do everything. Feels good at the end doing corpse pose knowing you're finally done! I might have to go do it just to get that feeling of relief at the end lol.

Well, either inspired by this thread or just out of being an idiot, I just hit the purchase button on P90X2. After saying NO, to 9000 products for easy, monthly payments; it's finally on the way.

Expect a thread for my funeral arrangements to arrive within the next 2 weeks. Haha

Well, either inspired by this thread or just out of being an idiot, I just hit the purchase button on P90X2. After saying NO, to 9000 products for easy, monthly payments; it's finally on the way.

Expect a thread for my funeral arrangements to arrive within the next 2 weeks. Haha

I'll be interested in seeing how you feel after doing it, cause I've been thinking about going to that one after I finish P90X

I'll be interested in seeing how you feel after doing it, cause I've been thinking about going to that one after I finish P90X

I saw a ad for P90X2 on QVC or HSN the other night and it looked interesting.

I saw a ad for P90X2 on QVC or HSN the other night and it looked interesting.

I mean P90x looks interesting as it sits in a box next to our tv haha

I mean P90x looks interesting as it sits in a box next to our tv haha

If you read early I said I want to start doing it next week. Skim much?

I know two people that have at and they both said you need to have done a round of the original to make it through. A lot more plyometric is what it sounds like.

I know two people that have at and they both said you need to have done a round of the original to make it through. A lot more plyometric is what it sounds like.

I watched a 60 demo of it. Uhhh... I don't think I can do half that stuff. I feel crying in the fetal position would be the first exercise.

Yeah, I'll probably regret it, but I'm doing a half marathon in May, so I need to get in shape. I didn't train last year and was miserable for days after. Plus, I'm sure losing some lbs will help my golf.

P90x is awesome. The only thing is that you have to be in pretty good shape to start. Right away day 1 they want you doing ridiculous number of pushups and pull-ups. Also, you have to watch that you don't do too much. A couple of buddies partially tore their rotator cuff and/or labrums because of high number of reps and the weight. But if you are safe and make sure you do the right weight then it is awesome. Especially Yoga. If you have done p90x, then you know all about the vinyasas. You will learn to love/hate them in no time when you start.

Yeah, I'll probably regret it, but I'm doing a half marathon in May, so I need to get in shape. I didn't train last year and was miserable for days after. Plus, I'm sure losing some lbs will help my golf.

Good luck with it. Be interested to hear how p90x2 compares.

P90x is awesome. The only thing is that you have to be in pretty good shape to start. Right away day 1 they want you doing ridiculous number of pushups and pull-ups. Also, you have to watch that you don't do too much. A couple of buddies partially tore their rotator cuff and/or labrums because of high number of reps and the weight. But if you are safe and make sure you do the right weight then it is awesome. Especially Yoga. If you have done p90x, then you know all about the vinyasas. You will learn to love/hate them in no time when you start.

Yeah, you've really got to have done some form of training before, I think. If only to know your limits and how it feels to push yourself, but not too far.

Yoga kicked my butt, I admit it. It's a little boring as it takes so long, but holding some of those moves is torture!

Shoulders and arms last night, felt pretty good because I apparently brought it.

yeah the vinyasa gets old really fast but when you get to the poses and finish the vinyasa part, then you get that real sense of accomplishment; and then it starts to become a little more like what you picture yoga to be. just make sure you get some sort of recovery drink because you will be sore and it will help relieve some of the soreness. I actually have the Skins Recovery Tights and Shirt. They make it so that I am not sore the next day because of the way if increases blood flow. I definitely recommend them for anybody that is really sore after workouts. They are the equivalent of taking an ice bath. You are supposed to wear them for 3 hours after you workout, but I just throw them on and sleep in them. Next morning, don't feel anything. And if you go to the Skins website, Rory McIlroy is actually sponsored with them for the 2012 season. Being as I am new to the site and I can't post links just google, skins compression.

yeah the vinyasa gets old really fast but when you get to the poses and finish the vinyasa part, then you get that real sense of accomplishment; and then it starts to become a little more like what you picture yoga to be. just make sure you get some sort of recovery drink because you will be sore and it will help relieve some of the soreness. I actually have the Skins Recovery Tights and Shirt. They make it so that I am not sore the next day because of the way if increases blood flow. I definitely recommend them for anybody that is really sore after workouts. They are the equivalent of taking an ice bath. You are supposed to wear them for 3 hours after you workout, but I just throw them on and sleep in them. Next morning, don't feel anything. And if you go to the Skins website, Rory McIlroy is actually sponsored with them for the 2012 season. Being as I am new to the site and I can't post links just google, skins compression.

http://www.skins.net/en-US/index.aspx

Here is the link.

Yikes at the price!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

i did P90X for almost 2 months until i got a sports hernia on a call at work and i had to stop... i am really thinking about doing the Insanity workout now because it doesn't require any weights or pull up bars and with my work schedule that would be much easier. Has anyone tried the Insanity workout yet? i really enjoyed the p90x and saw great results but not having to lug my pull up bar back and forth and buy new weights and such for my house since i brought all my weights for the gym at work. I really think with my diet now i could see good results i just wanna get back into shape again.

i did P90X for almost 2 months until i got a sports hernia on a call at work and i had to stop... i am really thinking about doing the Insanity workout now because it doesn't require any weights or pull up bars and with my work schedule that would be much easier. Has anyone tried the Insanity workout yet? i really enjoyed the p90x and saw great results but not having to lug my pull up bar back and forth and buy new weights and such for my house since i brought all my weights for the gym at work. I really think with my diet now i could see good results i just wanna get back into shape again.

Fiancee's brother has it. He's still young and couldn't keep up with it while doing cross country and soccer. He liked it though but said it was pretty brutal the first couple weeks. He probably got sick 2-3 times within the first couple weeks from pushing himself too hard.

On an unrelated note: I'm 5 weeks in, and still can't do more than 2 pullups before I need a chair. I'm not sure if it's me or the fact the pullup bar is only on a 7ft door frame and I have to curl my legs in order to get all the way down. If it's the latter, I'm ok with that. If it's the first, I'm really disappointed with myself.

Back