How Often Do You Wash Your Balls?

Caper

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering how often everyone on THP washes their golf balls. I am not a huge fan of cleaning my balls. I used to wash them all the time, then something changed for whatever reason. I never wash them in those special machines made specifically for your golf balls. I either rub it in my hands or wipe them on my pants.

Some people I golf with wash their balls every at every new hole. I don't get it. Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind playing with dirty golf balls.

Last edited:
How am I reminded of those AXE cleans your balls commercials....hehehehe.

But in all seriousness, I don't mind playing with slightly dirty balls, as long as it won't effect performance. If I'm playing in wet or muddy conditions I wash them more often, and clean them every time I get on the green.

This is by far the funniest thread ever started, willingly or unwillingly.

Nope. I cant do it...I thought I was mature enough for this thread but I quickly realized that I am not. I'll show myself out...

Just wondering how often everyone on THP washes their balls. I am not a huge fan of washing my balls. I used to wash them all the time, then something changed. I never wash them in those special machines made specifically for your balls. I either rub them in my hands or wipe them on my pants.

Some people I golf with wash their balls every at every new hole. Maybe it's just me, but I don't mind playing with dirty balls at all.

Huh? :bulgy-eyes:

How am I reminded of those AXE cleans your balls commercials....hehehehe.

But in all seriousness, I don't mind playing with slightly dirty balls, as long as it won't effect performance. If I'm playing in wet or muddy conditions I wash them more often, and clean them every time I get on the green.

Shame on ya JN :nono:.

I suppose I need to make a serious statement and say I don't wash my balls enough. They stay nasty much too long due to rolling them around in the red mud :act-up:

I love this thread already.

Most of the courses around here use reclaimed water in the ball washers. It smells nasty and reminds me of a sewer. I try to avoid using them. I do not place my balls in automatic ball washers.

I will towel my balls off between rounds and on the tees as needed, but not excessively so as not to slow up play. I will sometimes use my own water bottle if I ever need any extra moisture.

HA! But aside from the humor, I definitely wash them every single hole. Idk why, it was a habit and I prefer hitting a brand new looking ball. If I scuff it a little with a hard wedge shot I throw it in the shag bag and play a new one. Im hardcore

wearing performance pants and under garments should keep you cool enough not to wash them while playing a round...

Seriously, I rarely wash golf balls during a round at least with a machine. I'll just towel them off if need be but I usually lose one before it gets to that.

OMG...........

:embarrassed: When they start getting green.............From grass stain.

Lets make sure we remember that this is a family friendly forum. While I am sure the OP was working hard on his double entendre skills, this one might end up closed pretty quickly.

Every chance I get I hate looking down at a dirty ball..

Wipe the ball off on the green and then wash it at the next tee box.

I clean mine every time I can lift it. A clean ball is a happy ball. If they worked better dirty, they would sell them dirty with dirt in the box......LOL

I clean mine off on every hole after I mark it on the green and before I putt. I carry a yellow towel with me for that and also for wiping off irons after each shot, etc.

Every time I pick it up.

I dont wash my balls as often as I should. They get green and ugly looking pretty quickly.

I figure I'm going to lose it sooner or later and the trees/water don't particularly care how it looks :alien:

I clean mine off on every hole after I mark it on the green and before I putt. I carry a yellow towel with me for that and also for wiping off irons after each shot, etc.

I should start taking a towel of some kind to the green. When I wipe it on my pant leg I get grass stains. I ruined a ton of pants and still have not learned my lesson.

The way I played today, never. They didn't stay in play long enough to get dirty...

Seriously, though, I wipe the grime off with my thumb on the green. I go to me towel only when necessary. The tee box ball cleaner rarely gets used.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Usually just clean them in a towel or pick the grime out with my thumb as I am waiting for others to putt.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

The way I played today, never. They didn't stay in play long enough to get dirty...

Seriously, though, I wipe the grime off with my thumb on the green. I go to me towel only when necessary. The tee box ball cleaner rarely gets used.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Ours rarely have water & soap :angry:

This thread is just screaming for this!
[video=youtube_share;DxeO-4lIpL8]http://youtu.be/DxeO-4lIpL8[/video]

I have a goose towel / mini-frogger towel attached on my belt loop on every hole. Clean the ball after marking on the green.

Its more OCD than anything. I think if there is junk on the ball, that it will affect my putting. Same as cleaning club faces, they get cleaned whenever I notice dirt/grass or anything else on the club or in the grooves.

I still can't decide if this thread is serious or not...

Back