Wilson Staff Golf
Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 118

Thread: Private Course Dues

  1. #1
    Formerly Known as DMB012 GrantD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    8,421
    Member
    3198
    Handicap
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Private Course Dues

    I had the chance to play a very nice private course near me yesterday. I was really impressed with the course shape at the hardest time of the summer in my area, the pace of play and the practice areas. It really has sparked my interest in joining a private course. I asked for a dues sheet from them and it was a little bit more than I can afford right now. It is $255 a month for a Junior membership. It is about $275 for a full membership.

    I wanted to see if this was about the norm for most or higher?


    I really don't mind paying this kind of price for the conditions they had at a private course, but just can't afford it now. I really wish I could. This really makes me want to try and go private to get away from the crowds of public courses.
    C-130
    Driver: Anser Driver 9.5*- THP Testing
    Hybrids: Razr Hawk 3 wood 15*
    Irons: Forged Irons 3-8
    Wedges: : 41*, 46*, 50*, 54* & 58*
    Putter: Bettinardi BB-33
    Ball: Hex Black

  2. #2
    Major Champion TexasHacker34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Midwest
    Posts
    25,237
    Member
    5933
    Handicap
    10.4 GHIN
    Thanks
    7,359
    Thanked 3,933 Times in 2,218 Posts
    I really hope to join one myself sometime.

    Does that money get you any other perks? Pool tennis anything? Depending on the course that may be about standard especially if it is very nice
    In my Aqua Dry Stand Bag

    Driver: Big Bertha
    5W: Big Bertha V-Series
    Hybrids: X2Hot
    Irons: Vapor Pro Combos
    Wedges: Mackdaddy Tour Grind 56 and 60
    Putter: Works V-Line

  3. #3
    GTHC!
    arydolphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brookline, MA
    Posts
    15,485
    Member
    751
    Handicap
    8.7
    Thanks
    632
    Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Grant, I'm not a member at a private course, but I can tell you that you're going to get answers that are all over the map in terms of pricing based on what area of the country people live in as well as how nice the course is. One thing that I can tell you to look into if you want to go the private route is whether there is a food/beverage minimum at a club on top of the monthly dues, because that adds to your budget.
    "arydolphin has a good bit of swag" - claycribbs

    WITB:
    Spoiler
    Driver: Bio Cell+ 9.5*, Mitsubishi Diamana B-Series 60 S
    Fairway: X Hot Pro 3 wood, Mitsubishi Diamana Kai'li 70 S
    Hybrids: X2 Hot Pro 20 and 23, Aldila Tour Green S
    Irons: Apex 5-AW, Project X PXi 6.0
    Wedges: Vokey SM5 54 S grind and 58 M grind, DG S200
    Putter: BB54

  4. #4
    no post ***** aka"active" trae*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Katy,Tx
    Posts
    1,550
    Member
    8589
    Handicap
    14.7
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantD View Post
    I had the chance to play a very nice private course near me yesterday. I was really impressed with the course shape at the hardest time of the summer in my area, the pace of play and the practice areas. It really has sparked my interest in joining a private course. I asked for a dues sheet from them and it was a little bit more than I can afford right now. It is $255 a month for a Junior membership. It is about $275 for a full membership.

    I wanted to see if this was about the norm for most or higher?


    I really don't mind paying this kind of price for the conditions they had at a private course, but just can't afford it now. I really wish I could. This really makes me want to try and go private to get away from the crowds of public courses.

    i would be all over a nice course at $275 if included everything .. most around here try to get you with cart fees being extra. also does it include access to like a gym or anything else or golf only?
    Driver: R1
    Woods: RBZ 5W
    Hybrid: X2 hot 3h
    Irons: JPX-800 Pro 4-GW
    Wedges: Vokey 52/8 (bent to 54),58/9
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

    not a sheep that blindly follows the herd.
    the hypocrisy on this site is amazing

  5. #5
    #GolfIsFun

    #Cookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    56,764
    Member
    4430
    Handicap
    9.2
    Thanks
    11,381
    Thanked 17,803 Times in 6,903 Posts
    That is about the norm for the fairly nice private clubs within 15 miles of me. Average about $300/month and most do not have any food/beverage minimums.

  6. #6
    Major Champion Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brandon, Fl
    Posts
    17,022
    Member
    6423
    Handicap
    13
    Thanks
    1,708
    Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,485 Posts
    I bet if you look around you will find some that are lower. I pay a bit lowe r down here

    Tapin for bird
    Ozone XX Stand bag
    Driver: Classic 9.5 w/ Kusala Black
    3 Wood: X Hot Pro 15* Diamana S+
    V3 18*
    Irons: Apex Irons
    Wedges: Mack Daddy 2 wedges, 49/53/58
    Putter: Tank 36"

    SFT

  7. #7
    Formerly Known as DMB012 GrantD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    8,421
    Member
    3198
    Handicap
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    Grant, I'm not a member at a private course, but I can tell you that you're going to get answers that are all over the map in terms of pricing based on what area of the country people live in as well as how nice the course is. One thing that I can tell you to look into if you want to go the private route is whether there is a food/beverage minimum at a club on top of the monthly dues, because that adds to your budget.
    There is a $40 minimum on the food budget.

    Quote Originally Posted by trae* View Post
    i would be all over a nice course at $275 if included everything .. most around here try to get you with cart fees being extra. also does it include access to like a gym or anything else or golf only?
    The cart fees are $16 for 18. I don't think there is a gym, but there is a pool. (I don't think my family would use it, since we have a neighborhood pool now)
    C-130
    Driver: Anser Driver 9.5*- THP Testing
    Hybrids: Razr Hawk 3 wood 15*
    Irons: Forged Irons 3-8
    Wedges: : 41*, 46*, 50*, 54* & 58*
    Putter: Bettinardi BB-33
    Ball: Hex Black

  8. #8
    A good walk complicated Spahrticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Posts
    283
    Member
    12389
    Handicap
    ~10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Compared to my home course, those rates are pretty high... but I am in a pretty inexpensive area. I know on Long Island where I grew up, the rates tended to be much higher than what you've quoted. A junior membership here is only $700 per year all inclusive--$300 without the cart plan. Membership page linked for reference:

    http://www.maplehurstcountryclub.com/Membership.html
    In my Org 14 Sport bag:
    Classic 290 9*
    Mashie F3 15.5*
    Mashie 2h, 3h
    CG16 Tour Black Pearl 4-PW
    CG15 54* and 58*
    X4
    Hex Black

  9. #9
    Who wants 2 have some fun StanTheCaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,847
    Member
    12515
    Handicap
    11.1 USGA
    Thanks
    163
    Thanked 260 Times in 175 Posts
    If I could join a private club in my area for $275 month I would of done so the minute I found out about it. Like some others have said I would see if there are any extra fees that would be added. However, if that is the flat price with no extra fees I think that's an amazing deal.
    Currently in the C-130 Bag on the 3.5+

    Driver: R11S 9* w/ B. Asha 4S
    Hybrids: SLDR 2H, RBZ 3H, Mashie M4 w/ Miyazaki C. Kua 59 shaft
    Irons: Speedblades 5-7, Apex 8-AW w/ Aerotech SteelFiber i95 shafts
    Wedges: 55 and 60 w/ Steel Genius 12 KBS Tour shafts
    Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2

  10. #10
    Master Painter Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    64,396
    Member
    1193
    Handicap
    Thanks
    1,265
    Thanked 14,057 Times in 6,138 Posts
    Mine are dirt cheap, but really more than I want to spend if I'm being honest.

    I got a first year discount:

    $1,350 dues, which comes out to 135/month because I'm paying it over the course of 10 months
    $75 minimum in food and beverage per month.
    $110 range fee (one time charge)
    $$$ for anything else that I happen to buy like a cart, balls, tournament fees, handicapping, etc

    The thing is, I figured it would be right at $200/month total (dues + food), but it's been anywhere from $40 to $175 more than that depending on the month. At this point, I don't enter any events, I don't get a cart, and I pay cash for everything to avoid a big bill, so a lot of the perks aren't really there for me.


    If I had to do it again in my current financial situation I wouldn't do it. After the kids are older or I'm making more money, maybe I'll feel differently, but it's a lot of money for me to pay with the amount of time I have available these days.
    XTD 12 w/ Kusala Blue
    SLDR Mini
    X2Hot 4h
    Z 545 5-PW
    RTX 2.0 48/ 52/56/60
    Studio Stock 2
    Duo

  11. #11
    Aspiring Golfer coolbreeze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    22,131
    Member
    3054
    Handicap
    RCGA 8.9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    I think that's pretty cheap.
    WITB

    R9 460 TP 10.5*
    RocketBallz 15*
    Razr X 3 hybrid
    Razr X Forged 4-PW
    Forged Dark Chrome 50*, 54*, 58*
    CS Ghost Manta
    Hex Black

  12. #12
    Master Painter Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    64,396
    Member
    1193
    Handicap
    Thanks
    1,265
    Thanked 14,057 Times in 6,138 Posts
    You will likely never actually pay $275 a month. My guess is you see bills close to the $400 range if you are riding very often.
    XTD 12 w/ Kusala Blue
    SLDR Mini
    X2Hot 4h
    Z 545 5-PW
    RTX 2.0 48/ 52/56/60
    Studio Stock 2
    Duo

  13. #13
    The Moose is Loose Canadan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    South of Canada
    Posts
    42,126
    Member
    2320
    Handicap
    GHIN 1.1
    Thanks
    2,662
    Thanked 11,616 Times in 4,805 Posts
    Only a 20 dollar gap between junior and full? That seems weird..

    My course is a Palmer, private. It's 380 per month for full and 300 for junior members.

    They charging initiation?
    Nike Vapor Pro driver - Oban Devotion 7
    Callaway X2Hot Pro fairway - Oban Devotion 8
    Cleveland Altitude 3/4 hyron
    Bridgestone J15CB irons - DG Pro
    Bridgestone J40 wedges
    SeeMore M7 Private Reserve putter
    Bridgestone B330 balls


  14. #14
    Major Champion JF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    6,681
    Member
    8228
    Handicap
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
    Whoa............ you guys live around come cheap clubs. The one I live at (not a member) is $4500 a year dues (technically a ten grand activation fee but it's always waived cause nobody wants to pay that) with $250 per 3 months dining minimum, $7per 9 for a cart, outrageous prices in the pro shop.

    The other one by me is three clubs in one for $10,000 a year, not sure about dining, carts, anything else...

  15. #15
    Formerly Known as DMB012 GrantD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Mooresville, NC
    Posts
    8,421
    Member
    3198
    Handicap
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Mine are dirt cheap, but really more than I want to spend if I'm being honest.

    I got a first year discount:

    $1,350 dues, which comes out to 135/month because I'm paying it over the course of 10 months
    $75 minimum in food and beverage per month.
    $110 range fee (one time charge)
    $$$ for anything else that I happen to buy like a cart, balls, tournament fees, handicapping, etc

    The thing is, I figured it would be right at $200/month total (dues + food), but it's been anywhere from $40 to $175 more than that depending on the month. At this point, I don't enter any events, I don't get a cart, and I pay cash for everything to avoid a big bill, so a lot of the perks aren't really there for me.


    If I had to do it again in my current financial situation I wouldn't do it. After the kids are older or I'm making more money, maybe I'll feel differently, but it's a lot of money for me to pay with the amount of time I have available these days.
    This is sorta where I am at right now. I really want to join one, but it would be really tight for me to afford it. I think later in life it will be easier to afford and I will have more time to play. One thing I really want out of it is getting away from public courses and wait times. I think the private sector is the way to go for this.
    C-130
    Driver: Anser Driver 9.5*- THP Testing
    Hybrids: Razr Hawk 3 wood 15*
    Irons: Forged Irons 3-8
    Wedges: : 41*, 46*, 50*, 54* & 58*
    Putter: Bettinardi BB-33
    Ball: Hex Black

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •