Missing golf ball diver

#Cookie

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/8e92c9aaaa3048b6b9a737db99097f37/FL--Golf-Ball-Diver/

BROOKSVILLE
, Fla. — A diver hired to retrieve golf balls from a Tampa Bay area country club has gone missing.
Forty-three-year-old David Voiles was reported missing about 7 p.m. Monday. Hernando County Sheriff's officials say the certified diver arrived at the Sherman Hills Golf Course earlier in the day to collect golf balls from the bottom of a lake.

The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/utaFZu ) reports Voiles made a phone call at 3 p.m., but no one heard from him after that.
Golf course officials called deputies about around 7 p.m. to report him missing.

Voiles' vehicle was still in the parking lot and the golf cart he used was beside the lake. Officials say divers from the Pasco County Sheriff's Office were called to help search the lake.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/8e92c9aaaa3048b6b9a737db99097f37/FL--Golf-Ball-Diver/

BROOKSVILLE
, Fla. — A diver hired to retrieve golf balls from a Tampa Bay area country club has gone missing.
Forty-three-year-old David Voiles was reported missing about 7 p.m. Monday. Hernando County Sheriff's officials say the certified diver arrived at the Sherman Hills Golf Course earlier in the day to collect golf balls from the bottom of a lake.

The Tampa Bay Times (http://bit.ly/utaFZu ) reports Voiles made a phone call at 3 p.m., but no one heard from him after that.
Golf course officials called deputies about around 7 p.m. to report him missing.

Voiles' vehicle was still in the parking lot and the golf cart he used was beside the lake. Officials say divers from the Pasco County Sheriff's Office were called to help search the lake.
This does not sound good. Wonder which CC it was?

Any gators in that lake?

This does not sound good. Wonder which CC it was?

More details from that embedded link:

BROOKSVILLE — A diver hired to retrieve golf balls from a lake has gone missing, the Hernando County Sheriff's Office reported Monday night.
David Voiles, 43, a certified diver who is active with the Army National Guard, arrived Monday morning at Sherman Hills Golf Course, 31200 Eagle Falls Drive in Brooksville, to retrieve balls from the bottom of a lake, sheriff's spokeswoman Wendy McGinnis said.
He made a phone call at 3 p.m., but no one, including his family, heard from him after that. Someone from the golf course called deputies just before 7 p.m., saying Voiles appeared to be missing.
Voiles' vehicle was still in the parking lot Monday night, and the golf cart he had been using was still next to the lake, McGinnis said. Divers from the Pasco County Sheriff's Office were called to help with the search.
Voiles, who has been a certified diver since 1987, has been doing this type of work for two years, McGinnis said.

Im sure there are.

Then that is just dumb IMO. Hmmm...I think I will go for a swim with some gators and try and get some golf balls. Not smart.

You couldnt pay me enough to dive for balls in Florida.

it wasn't biggsy was it?

I would not do it but this is done all the time. Us older golfers are always coming up short on water holes and there appears to be a lucrative market for the balls retrieved.
Then that is just dumb IMO. Hmmm...I think I will go for a swim with some gators and try and get some golf balls. Not smart.

Oh yeah, I knew exactly what you were referring to. You get rep for putting 2 and 2 together!

Oh yeah, I knew exactly what you were referring to. You get rep for putting 2 and 2 together!

LOL I knew you did, but after I threw it in there I searched you tube and found that outtake video and I was cracking up.

Its not stupid or dumb....it occurs everyday in Florida. Gators don't just attack...I wakeboard in Lakes with Gators all the time. If in fact he was taken down, he was in the territory of a big gator or disturbed his habitate. But any number of things could have happened to the guy, tyring to make a living. I hope he is found, soon.

Stupidity.

LOL I knew you did, but after I threw it in there I searched you tube and found that outtake video and I was cracking up.

Just watched it again and still can't ever figure out WTH he was doing. Some weird golf ball diver initiation dance or something. Funny as hell.

Just watched it again and still can't ever figure out WTH he was doing. Some weird golf ball diver initiation dance or something. Funny as hell.

I think it's the "gators stay away from me" dance

Its not stupid or dumb....it occurs everyday in Florida. Gators don't just attack...I wakeboard in Lakes with Gators all the time. If in fact he was taken down, he was in the territory of a big gator or disturbed his habitate. But any number of things could have happened to the guy, tyring to make a living. I hope he is found, soon.

There are a lot of other ways to make a living without endangering your life. Look at me, I am at work right now, and there are no wild animals in my office that could even possibly attack, or kill me. That is why I think it is not a very smart thing to do.

There are a lot of other ways to make a living without endangering your life. Look at me, I am at work right now, and there are no wild animals in my office that could even possibly attack, or kill me. That is why I think it is not a very smart thing to do.

Perspective man. Your drive to work is a dangerous activity.

--
tapatalk

true, but sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to pay bills or put food on the table.
Plus you work with Chunky, he could attack at any minute

I "personally" would not go in the same water as a gator. I am a wuss I guess.

Perspective man. Your drive to work is a dangerous activity.

--
tapatalk

True, but this guy had to drive to work too. I just would not want to put my life in danger unnecessarily, and to me, this is unnecessary. Lots of other ways to make a buck.

I bet your chances of shark attack while swimming in the ocean are much higher than gator attack.

Now swimming with crocodiles is a different story.

Kevin

I bet your chances of shark attack while swimming in the ocean are much higher than gator attack.

Now swimming with crocodiles is a different story.

Kevin

I dont really swim in the ocean. I am a poo when it comes to animals and possible attacks.

I "personally" would not go in the same water as a gator. I am a wuss I guess.
I was putting a few weeks ago on a Par 3 and there was a gator by the water. I bird squawked, and I freaked out. I dont mess with gators, and apparently I think a gator makes a squawking sound.

Back