Good Bye my Close Friend

Rob Wedge

Jersey
Reaction score
Handicap
Not sure
Its been a great 2 seasons but I guess all good things must come to and end. On the 3rd hole I heard the sound that no golfer wants to hear. SNAP. One thing that is good out of all this though is that it made me realize how much lower I shoot with just a 3 wood :D.

P1050716.jpg

So you are wanting a new driver, not a new shaft huh?

Now you got an excuse to try out all the new goodies out there! I know the 3 - wood is kicking arse but you got to have you some desire for a new heavy weight?

So you are wanting a new driver, not a new shaft huh?

Love the shaft, fits my swing perfect. Not sure what I'm going to do though. Can I still use the one that snapped?

Now you got an excuse to try out all the new goodies out there! I know the 3 - wood is kicking arse but you got to have you some desire for a new heavy weight?

Kind of broke right now, good thing my back up is a I15 with a blue board. Still love that white board though

Love the shaft, fits my swing perfect. Not sure what I'm going to do though. Can I still use the one that snapped?
Nope, but there is a possibility your club pro could get Ping to put you a new shaft in there for free, most of the big companies are very helpful in these type cases.

I hope you can get everything figured out with it. That's unfortunate

Tap Tap Taparoo

Bummer . Maybe you can bring it back to life.

Ouch! It's tough replacing a driver that you have confidence in.

Nope, but there is a possibility your club pro could get Ping to put you a new shaft in there for free, most of the big companies are very helpful in these type cases.
That stinks. May just have to look at some of the new offerings. Was eying up the RBZ anyways.

Ouch man, I know that's no fun :( hate to see that happen but may be a blessing in disguise, who knows?!

That really suck dude, I hate seeing equipment break. I hope if you do get a new one that it is good enough to stay in your bag for 2 years!

Ouch man, I know that's no fun :( hate to see that happen but may be a blessing in disguise, who knows?!
It was today. Shot 6 under my HC with just a 3 wood. But I did miss it on the long par 5's.

It was today. Shot 6 under my HC with just a 3 wood. But I did miss it on the long par 5's.

May help you to look at the course in a different way, never know. You might learn some better course management playing a while without a driver. Take this opportunity while you're in the market to go play with fairway woods or irons, and hit different shots!

Taylormade reshafted my A wedge for just shipping when it snapped!

Sorry for your loss. :sad:

That too bad, I really like the look of the G15..

I had this just happen to my favorite hybrid, I feel your pain. But just remember the good times!!!

I feel it dude, but in a different way. My FT-9 got too short this year. I loved that thing so much.

Sorry to hear of you loss. I am used to that sound though. Look at what irons I am hitting. Snapped three in 2 years. I know it's time for new sticks, but hard to leave what I'm comfortable with.

Sorry to hear of you loss. I am used to that sound though. Look at what irons I am hitting. Snapped three in 2 years. I know it's time for new sticks, but hard to leave what I'm comfortable with.
Thats crazy, 3 in 2 years? I don't think I have ever snapped an iron. This is the second Driver I've killed since I have started golfing. First one I cracked the face near the hosel.

I had this just happen to my favorite hybrid, I feel your pain. But just remember the good times!!!
I know, its funny cause your post was the first thing I thought of when it happened. I just was reading it the other morning.

Was the head damaged at the break? if anything you can probably have it re-shafted if there was no damage to it.

That sucks man. On the bright side though, means you can go looking at new drivers without having to make up an excuse or justify it to yourself.

I would contact Diamana. They may possibly help you out, its worth a shot.

Back