5 - 10 - 15 Challenge

I think I'm going to join in on this for over the winter. I want to lose 5, but that is in % body fat. I think I'm in a good place weight wise at about 160 for a 5'8" guy, but I want more of it to be muscle. So I'll try to hold my weight but lose some fat.

My weight is holding steady for now at 213 however my pants are starting to feel really loose around the waist! That is a great sign this time of year and I can see myself dropping a size in the near future :blob:.

I think the time has come, I now need to start watching what I eat or I will become a big fat toad (like Irabu). My metabolism alone can no longer keep me from gaining weight. I'm well known in my circle for my horrible diet of fast food, candy, cookies, and beer. I've always been active and fit, but i think old man time has won again.

I think the time has come, I now need to start watching what I eat or I will become a big fat toad (like Irabu). My metabolism alone can no longer keep me from gaining weight. I'm well known in my circle for my horrible diet of fast food, candy, cookies, and beer. I've always been active and fit, but i think old man time has won again.

I've managed to cut fast food, candy, cookies...but not beer. And I don't think I ever will, haha. I just work around it!

Well, today was my first day back in a week after battling a cold and Christmas. Sluggish, haha. I want to lose 10 pounds by January 7th (going to Cali) so I really need to get
on my grind. Playing basketball tonight too so I'll get a double workout.

Might gym it 2x a day for a couple weeks.

Steel Tappin'

Pretty excited, the Wife got me a new road bike for Christmas, Specialized Allez. Going to get back in my routine of biking in the morning and workouts in the afternoon. We are sponsoring a team for Tour de Cure down here on April 1, and my Father in Law told me I need to get back to my riding. 62 Miles is a long ride.

Pretty excited, the Wife got me a new road bike for Christmas, Specialized Allez. Going to get back in my routine of biking in the morning and workouts in the afternoon. We are sponsoring a team for Tour de Cure down here on April 1, and my Father in Law told me I need to get back to my riding. 62 Miles is a long ride.

That is some great news! Biking will definitely be an asset to your health and it's low impact so easier on the knees. Happy for ya and keep up the workouts and your body will say thank ya!!!

Heading out the door for a good workout at my local gym to get the New Year kicked off in the right direction. I have some serious goals for 2012 and reaching my weight goal of 200 lbs or below is tops on the list. I am also going to increase my workout duration and strength training for 2012 and get ready for the best golf season of my life. Many goals to include winning my flight in the club championship, being in top physical condition, maintaining a healthy weight plateau, and getting my cholesterol and triglycerides in the normal range for 2012. It's all going to make me a healthy and dynamite person for 2012. Let the ride begin a few days prior to New Years and continue on into the New Year with a BOOM :blob:!!!

OG, you've got it going! I have no doubt that you'll reach all of your goals and beyond. The THP Outing is a nice piece of incentive for trying to look my best! I'm right there with you on the goals - 200 or less at some point this year.

Best of luck and enjoy the workout!

Steel Tappin'

I had my last workout for 2011 this morning at the gym and I am thankful for how good it has been for me this year. It's amazing how much difference you feel in your energy and stamina after committing a few days per week to exercise. I saw on the news last night how older folks can turn back the hands of time with regular exercise. I can vouch it is never too late, to begin an exercise program and put more pep in your step :D!

I had my last workout for 2011 this morning at the gym and I am thankful for how good it has been for me this year. It's amazing how much difference you feel in your energy and stamina after committing a few days per week to exercise. I saw on the news last night how older folks can turn back the hands of time with regular exercise. I can vouch it is never too late, to begin an exercise program and put more pep in your step :D!

Buddy you are an inspiration! I am so impressed with how you kept up with your fitness routine. Congrats!!

Good job OG, keep it going buddy.

I have been pretty quiet about this, but around the Morgan Cup last August I started doing a program called Farrells Extreme Body Shaping, it is 3 days a week of kickboxing (for cardio) and 3 days a week resistance training with bands. My wife does it with me, 6 days a week at 5am is tough but we're both dropping lbs, adding muscle and feeling great!

I have been pretty quiet about this, but around the Morgan Cup last August I started doing a program called Farrells Extreme Body Shaping, it is 3 days a week of kickboxing (for cardio) and 3 days a week resistance training with bands. My wife does it with me, 6 days a week at 5am is tough but we're both dropping lbs, adding muscle and feeling great!

That is awesome Jake!

As for OG, he is really devoted to his workout. I am so proud of him. Too bad his wife is a lazy bum when it comes to the gym!

Good work Ms Graybush. Keep it up through the next year and beyond!

Buddy you are an inspiration! I am so impressed with how you kept up with your fitness routine. Congrats!!

Thanks Mary and being addicted to my workouts makes it easy to keep up a routine. It's my happy pill :D

I am proud of ya Jason! You guys know the benefits of hanging with the exercise and how it makes your body feel energized :clapp:

That is awesome Jake!

As for OG, he is really devoted to his workout. I am so proud of him. Too bad his wife is a lazy bum when it comes to the gym!

Thanks sweetypie :D

Good work Ms Graybush. Keep it up through the next year and beyond!

Marc -- You were looking mighty good and fit on our trip to Vegas for Christmas! I am very proud of your workout regiment and how you are dedicated to your golf game. You have an awesome looking golf swing and your workouts and flexibility programs are going to take you to the next level.

Been a long time, too long.

I'm back in at the new year with a goal.

Last year I managed to go from 240 to 200, about September it began to slide and I got back to 210, so...here we go again. My wife and I are headed to WDW in March to celebrate her match (Residency for the doc) and the goal for each of is is to be comfortable in bathing suits, thats something I haven't been able to do since I was 13 or so. Anywho, the goal is 185 by 3/16/12. Very doable and safe weekly average.

So here I sit on day 3 back in induction of Atkins. 20 carbs per day with 12-15 from veggies, next week I can throw in some exercise as I start to adjust and week 3 start to add more carbs back in. I love it. I will do it.

Last year I managed to go from 240 to 200, about September it began to slide and I got back to 210, so...here we go again. My wife and I are headed to WDW in March to celebrate her match (Residency for the doc) and the goal for each of is is to be comfortable in bathing suits, thats something I haven't been able to do since I was 13 or so. Anywho, the goal is 185 by 3/16/12. Very doable and safe weekly average.

So here I sit on day 3 back in induction of Atkins. 20 carbs per day with 12-15 from veggies, next week I can throw in some exercise as I start to adjust and week 3 start to add more carbs back in. I love it. I will do it.

Good for you Jman! You will be proud and your body will Thank You :clapp:

Good work and good luck! Enjoy.

Steel tappin' from my iPad

I have a slightly different goal this year. Complete a 10km (6.5 mile) run. The race I was going to run, is actually the same weekend as the outing so I can't run in that one. I'll find another one, even if I just have to run it by myself. :)

No idea of my weight at the moment, but I would like to drop a waist size by the outing. I play ice hockey 2x a week and ball hockey once a week. So I will throw in a couple mornings of running and that will get me to where I want to be.

I started the running last night with about a 3.5km (2.2 mile) run. Admittedly I did the whole run two minutes, walk a minute, so I didn't run the whole time. I'll keep you all updated on my progress

I have a slightly different goal this year. Complete a 10km (6.5 mile) run. The race I was going to run, is actually the same weekend as the outing so I can't run in that one. I'll find another one, even if I just have to run it by myself. :)

No idea of my weight at the moment, but I would like to drop a waist size by the outing. I play ice hockey 2x a week and ball hockey once a week. So I will throw in a couple mornings of running and that will get me to where I want to be.

I started the running last night with about a 3.5km (2.2 mile) run. Admittedly I did the whole run two minutes, walk a minute, so I didn't run the whole time. I'll keep you all updated on my progress

Belbs -- That is sweet buddy :clapp:. I used to run in our local Labor Day Road race in the 5k every year until my right knee wore out. I had partial knee replacement surgery on it and my Doc told me no more running and only low impact exercise would do. I work out on the elliptical machine now to help keep my heart strong and healthy.

On another note ,it is fun to watch the newbies at the gym. We had several new members sign up at Christmas time with great intentions. With that said most go at it hard for a couple or three months and then fizzle out. Get addicted to your local workouts whether you are a member of a gym or have your own gym at home. Exercise will keep ya young!:D

The old Ole Gray and I will have a post of the New Ole Gray up pretty soon to show what you can do when you set your mind to it :D

FatBllPic.jpg

Well, Atkins induction week one (part two haha) is in the books! I'm finally over the induction wall and the energy levels are back up again.

Last Monday morning was 210.0 on the dot, this morning sitting at 204.2. A very good week.

One more week of induction at 20 carbs a day (12-15 veggie) and this week I get to add in some exercise since my body is adjusted. We also just found out our little town has a gym with a 3-lane pool and everything at 35/mo for the wife and I on the family membership so weights will start back next week.

185 here I come.

Oh thread how I missed you. I got back up to 240 lol but that was months without a gym and during a rough spot. I'm back at it again and after i really changed my eating habits around, the lbs are dropping. I have no idea where I'm at. My clothes are fitting much better and I'm confident I'll be around my best weight in years by Jan 23rd. Pretty excited but it's hard to tell without the scale. I'm just trying it a bit different this time around.

Gray is a beast!

I lost some weight, but I gained it back again. I started getting up at 6 am and eating a healthy breakfast of Oatmeal with Apple Juice as its liquid, raisins, craisins, Blueberry raisins, cherry raisins and a scoop of all natural peanut butter. I used to not be able to eat breakfast, but I don't exercise nearly as much as I used to and I need it to kick start my metabolism. Also, I have been running.

I hope to be very trim by the time the outing comes.

So excited they put a gym in at the college I work for. That may sound odd that we are just getting a gym but I work at the coordinating center for a college that has multiple locations all over NY. I have been watching what I eat. Thank you biggest loser cookbook and working out almost everyday on my lunch break with two of my coworkers. We keep each other motivated and we each are bringing different exercise routines that we like to do. This way it isn't getting boring doing the same thing everyday. I'm already down 3 lbs in 2 weeks!!!

Back