2012 THP Golf Outing & Demo Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked into a couple of options and since I don't mind driving I'm going to rent a mid size car and drive down from Maryland. My Blazer still thinks gas is a buck a gallon. I'll be heading straight down 95 if anyone needs a lift. I'll leave Wed morning and stop one nite on the road. Hopefully near a golf course. Should arrive mid day Thurs.

No TC this year... :blowkiss:

I know but hopefully I will be able to go down for the Morgan Cup this year so I will see him then.

And our flights have been booked!!!!

Woo hoo, flying in Thursday and out on the following Wednesday. Also flying into the "other" Orlando airport Sanford.

That's great to hear Belbs, and the fare you got was not bad at all.

I know but hopefully I will be able to go down for the Morgan Cup this year so I will see him then.

If he ever gets an iPhone and it's before the outing we can FaceTime him <3

Beast mode from tapatalk

If he ever gets an iPhone and it's before the outing we can FaceTime him <3

Beast mode from tapatalk

Doesn't Erin have an ipad? He can borrow that from her and facetime us.

Still hoping to find tickets for less then $206. They're going to come down. Right? lol

The best I found was around $250, my wife found one around $200 but I decided to wait and see if the prices drop. Thats from Dulles to Orlando nonstop, I hope I wasnt a dumbarse trying to wait for a lower price. I guess your flying out of BWI?

Also does anyone know what a cab fee from the Orlando airport to Grand Cypress would be, any guesstimates?

The best I found was around $250, my wife found one around $200 but I decided to wait and see if the prices drop. Thats from Dulles to Orlando nonstop, I hope I wasnt a dumbarse trying to wait for a lower price. I guess your flying out of BWI?

Also does anyone know what a cab fee from the Orlando airport to Grand Cypress would be, any guesstimates?

Don't know how the fare structures are set-up, but looks like about 18 miles. The resort may be able to suggest something, or you may be able to catch/share a ride in with another attendee...I know a bunch of folks have done that in the past.

Cab would be brutal. Better off hoping some other THP'ers fly into MCO and then you guys get the 15 passenger vans to take you to Grand Cypress. The exit can be a bit crazy in terms of traffic. Heck, Grand Cypress might have a shuttle service?

Yea we are gonna have a convoy heading down I-75 with about 15 vehicles in line :D

Are you leading the way? If so please let Kelly do the navigating, I really don't want to end up at Cypress Gardens :D

Don't know how the fare structures are set-up, but looks like about 18 miles. The resort may be able to suggest something, or you may be able to catch/share a ride in with another attendee...I know a bunch of folks have done that in the past.

Thats not bad, thanks.

Cab would be brutal. Better off hoping some other THP'ers fly into MCO and then you guys get the 15 passenger vans to take you to Grand Cypress. The exit can be a bit crazy in terms of traffic. Heck, Grand Cypress might have a shuttle service?

I was guessing around $50? That does suck but I am not going to rent a car, that would be sweet if GC had a shuttle.

Are you leading the way? If so please let Kelly do the navigating, I really don't want to end up at Cypress Gardens :D

You're so right! He's probably thinking the outing is in Myrtle Beach this year. LOL

Thats not bad, thanks.

I was guessing around $50? That does suck but I am not going to rent a car, that would be sweet if GC had a shuttle.

50 might be right unfortunately. What day/time are you flying in?

50 might be right unfortunately. What day/time are you flying in?

Sometime Thursday, I would like to be in Orlando sometime mid morning preferably around 9 or 10am so I can get to GC, get checked in and play a round.

Vince, there will be rides available. I wouldnt stress it. Worst case scenario you cab it. But I foresee there being multiple options.

Vince, there will be rides available. I wouldnt stress it. Worst case scenario you cab it. But I foresee there being multiple options.

I had planned on cabbin it so its cool. I may wear my wife beater with boy shorts and just thumb it to GC.

I had planned on cabbin it so its cool. I may wear my wife beater with boy shorts and just thumb it to GC.

Well up to that point I would've offered a ride. I plan on renting a car so I can run out and get stuff as I need it. The week before I will post my arrival time and coordinate with whoever wants to hitch a ride. NO BOY SHORTS ALLOWED!

You just come on down and wear your comfort clothes and get ready for the ride of your life :blob:. Heck I ain't wearing no boy shorts but you never know what will show up in my suitcase. I do have a new look that I am sporting if I can get past the itch :beat-up:

You just come on down and wear your comfort clothes and get ready for the ride of your life :blob:. Heck I ain't wearing no boy shorts but you never know what will show up in my suitcase. I do have a new look that I am sporting if I can get past the itch :beat-up:

Now we TOLD you not put that wool on the INSIDE of your lederhosen...

Seriously though. There will be plenty of us who have cars on site that if someone really needs something, we can find a way to get that person where they need to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back