Bridgestone Enters The Morgan Cup

I'm going to do my shaft fitting today. So, hopefully I will have my MC bag narrowed down. Then I can send my Tour Rep my specs. Then I should have a pretty good idea of what it will look like. Until we get better confirmation on what's going to be actually available.

I'm going to do my shaft fitting today. So, hopefully I will have my MC bag narrowed down. Then I can send my Tour Rep my specs. Then I should have a pretty good idea of what it will look like. Until we get better confirmation on what's going to be actually available.

Have fun. Can't wait to hear what you'll be looking at when your done

Have fun dude!! I know you'll be giving us a great recap later.

If it was that orange one it was the one I installed when down there. UST Attas shaft

Thats nice dude. I hit it with the PX in it. I loved.

I'm just heading up to Golf Galaxy. I can't imagine they are going to blow my mind or anything like Bettinardi did. At least I will know what shafts to get that will work for me.

Okay I think I got it figured out unless something isn't available or some different shafts come out PGA show time. But attentively it's going to be:

All with PX Graphite 5.5 shafts. Midsize Multi-Compound Grips w/ 2 wraps Black/blue or Black/yellow haven't decided yet.

J40 445
J40 14* 3W
J40 18* 5W
J40 21* 3H
J40 24* 4H
J40 DPC 5-PW
J40 52* Black Oxide Wedge
J40 58* Black Oxide Wedge
Bettinardi SS#5 Custom

Very solid Bullfrog!! You get to hit the 5.5 graphite shaft? Curious what you saw different than the 5.5 steel that swayed you to graphite.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Okay I think I got it figured out unless something isn't available or some different shafts come out PGA show time. But attentively it's going to be:

All with PX Graphite 5.5 shafts. Midsize Multi-Compound Grips w/ 2 wraps Black/blue or Black/yellow haven't decided yet.

J40 445
J40 14* 3W
J40 18* 5W
J40 21* 3H
J40 24* 4H
J40 DPC 5-PW
J40 52* Black Oxide Wedge
J40 58* Black Oxide Wedge
Bettinardi SS#5 Custom

Nice bullfrog! I also went with px graphite 5.5 in my irons and hybrids. I also did the black and blue grips.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

I switched my specs up a bit. I am going with PX black shafts in my driver and woods. I think they will look awesome with my white VDR grips. They will look all Dark Trooper (Star Wars reference).

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Very solid Bullfrog!! You get to hit the 5.5 graphite shaft? Curious what you saw different than the 5.5 steel that swayed you to graphite.

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

I didn't get to hit either. I only did the optimizer. My buddy just switched to graphite and he is loving them. I can't hit his because he is a lefty. I know I hit both ways for my MC video. But that was different. So, I decided that I wanted to try out graphite. No real reason. I know that's not the right answer or the one that everyone wants to hear. But that is the answer.

I didn't get to hit either. I only did the optimizer. My buddy just switched to graphite and he is loving them. I can't hit his because he is a lefty. I know I hit both ways for my MC video. But that was different. So, I decided that I wanted to try out graphite. No real reason. I know that's not the right answer or the one that everyone wants to hear. But that is the answer.

I will be interested to try these when it comes MC time.

I switched my specs up a bit. I am going with PX black shafts in my driver and woods. I think they will look awesome with my white VDR grips. They will look all Dark Trooper (Star Wars reference).

I am considering that px black shaft. It sounds interesting

Did the optimizer recommend the 5.5 graphite? what else did it recommend?

it recommended either the graphite or steel PX 5.5. Plus another one that I don't remember what it was. Didn't sound familar to me. But then again I know nothing about shafts.

it recommended either the graphite or steel PX 5.5. Plus another one that I don't remember what it was. Didn't sound familar to me. But then again I know nothing about shafts.

Nice. Glad to see someone else going graphite with the irons

I realized last night that I did not know as much as I thought I did. It was mentioned previously that I went with the PX flighted 5.0 steel shafts because that's what I was fitted for and what I was currently playing. I was wrong.

I was fitted to the non-flighted versions and have been playing them the last 7 months. Now that I have this J38 6 iron with the flighted shaft, I get to perform a shaft comparison between the 2 and see which one fits me better. Not knowing much at all (if anything) about shafts, I headed out to read the differences and below is what I found. After reading the below, I am honestly not really sure which one I would prefer. I am still of the belief that Bridgestone paired the J38/J40 irons with the flighted shaft as the stock offering for a reason so unless I see something that jumps out as really bad with the flighted, I will most likely be sticking with that.

Project X (non-flighted)
A proven winner on the PGA Tour, the patented RIFLE design features a discrete constant taper for each shaft in the set. Longer taper rates result in more energy transfer to the ball, getting the ball up faster and flattening out quicker for a penetrating trajectory and ball flight.

Project X Flighted
In addition to the playing characteristics that have made the Project X shaft a tour favorite, the Project X Flighted features an exaggerated change in kick point within each shaft throughout the set to optimize ball flight through the bag. Long irons provide a lower kick point for higher ball flight, easier launch and greater distance, while the short irons have a higher kick point for a lower trajectory, greater accuracy and control.

I realized last night that I did not know as much as I thought I did. It was mentioned previously that I went with the PX flighted 5.0 steel shafts because that's what I was fitted for and what I was currently playing. I was wrong.

I was fitted to the non-flighted versions and have been playing them the last 7 months. Now that I have this J38 6 iron with the flighted shaft, I get to perform a shaft comparison between the 2 and see which one fits me better. Not knowing much at all (if anything) about shafts, I headed out to read the differences and below is what I found. After reading the below, I am honestly not really sure which one I would prefer. I am still of the belief that Bridgestone paired the J38/J40 irons with the flighted shaft as the stock offering for a reason so unless I see something that jumps out as really bad with the flighted, I will most likely be sticking with that.

Project X (non-flighted)
A proven winner on the PGA Tour, the patented RIFLE design features a discrete constant taper for each shaft in the set. Longer taper rates result in more energy transfer to the ball, getting the ball up faster and flattening out quicker for a penetrating trajectory and ball flight.

Project X Flighted
In addition to the playing characteristics that have made the Project X shaft a tour favorite, the Project X Flighted features an exaggerated change in kick point within each shaft throughout the set to optimize ball flight through the bag. Long irons provide a lower kick point for higher ball flight, easier launch and greater distance, while the short irons have a higher kick point for a lower trajectory, greater accuracy and control.

Cookie, I was looking at this too. I almost went flighted but because of where my swing bordered, it was more beneficial (spin and launch# wise) to stay with the non flighted. I had issues before with my short irons getting too high and that's why Callaway put me into flighted shafts. But the Mizuno Optimizer was different this time around.

Awesome you got this all sorted out BF! You'll definitely see some differences but the optimizer knows what it is doing.

Lol. I've pondered the PX Black.

Lol. I've pondered the PX Black.

haha I've pondered the PX black for my 4 wood and have started to ponder the VTS shaft for my hybrids.

haha I've pondered the PX black for my 4 wood and have started to ponder the VTS shaft for my hybrids.

I requested the VTS in my 3h. I've considered taking the request for a 60* out and putting in for another hybrid. Even though my 5i will be 2* stronger putting it nearly on par with the 4h haha.

I hit the VTS in the Adams A12 and it was a beast. A case of the lefts though. Seems to be my hybrid miss lately lol.

Project X (non-flighted)

Project X Flighted

Nice Cookie. Look forward to seeing which way you end up going. I think the flighted would be the way to go if I wasn't really thinking graphite. I'm also thinking the PX Black in my Driver and FW's. It is a sweet looking shaft!

I requested the VTS in my 3h. I've considered taking the request for a 60* out and putting in for another hybrid. Even though my 5i will be 2* stronger putting it nearly on par with the 4h haha.

I hit the VTS in the Adams A12 and it was a beast. A case of the lefts though. Seems to be my hybrid miss lately lol.

I'm going to see if a store near me has an A12 with that shaft in it to try it out.
I threw in a 4h even though my 5 iron will be very similar loft.

I'm going to see if a store near me has an A12 with that shaft in it to try it out.
I threw in a 4h even though my 5 iron will be very similar loft.

I'm thinking Ill go this route. I'd use the 4h probably more than a 60* wedge. I just seem to miss a lot with a 60*. But could be good for greenside bunkers.

I'm thinking Ill go this route. I'd use the 4h probably more than a 60* wedge. I just seem to miss a lot with a 60*. But could be good for greenside bunkers.

you went with 2 FWs right?

Sure did. The strong 3w and 5w. I usually like the 15* so it was kinda nice it worked out like this.

remember when you hated hitting a fairway wood

what if you bent the 60 to say a 58?

what if you bent the 60 to say a 58?

That might be an option too. I like my 60 on some chips where I just need it to stop. I'm really not trying to open my face unless I have too (bunker shots). That's a good thought dude. My JAWS was bent to 59* lol. I went with OEM's approach and I liked it.

remember when you hated hitting a fairway wood

Yes!!! Dude then the 3w I have in my bag came along. Having hit the J40 FW already I feel a lot of confidence with my FW choices!

Back