TaylorMade RBZ Irons - Forum Testing Signup

We will keep signups open for a few more days and then announce the 6 testers selected.

Very cool! Keep the signups coming everyone

It's awesome that people are getting these in hands early. Can't wait to hear about the feedback.

We will keep signups open for a few more days and then announce the 6 testers selected.

Right on, can't wait! Thanks again JB, and the rest of the THP staff!

Not going to lie. I am a relatively young in my golf career, but I am seriously on the verge of going to buy this entire set once they hit stores based on the reviews and the designs alone. I have been salivating since I've seen these clubs get on the net and watching the youtube reviews. Have only ever heard good things from friends that use Taylormade and this set looks sweet plus I'm loving the new name and acronym. Great promotion THP! Can only hope I'm selected.

1. What irons do you currently play? - Callaway X18
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex - Steel / Regular
3. What do you look for in irons? - Playability, weight distribution of the clubs in my hands, aesthetic appeal.
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? - I actually really enjoy this. A new edge in the sometimes stuffy golf universe. Based on other reviews it looks like this is the perfect description of the clubs, so I'm looking forward to seeing if its the case. Love the acronym.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm a new THP member, but have looked over the reviews and message threads in the past. My testing process would be to get out on the range with these as I live in Michigan and get swings in. Have a great place up here (Carl's Golfland) that has great people and year round ranges. I'd want to get the clubs in the hands of a few friends (both novice and more seasoned players) to get their perspective on it and incorporate in my overall reviews. As an auditor in my career, I'd want to try to find the most objective views as possible, and come up with an overall grading scale (over the basics - feel, look, workability, distance addition, overall performance) for my own personal views and those of my friends to come up with total review to give back to the THP family.

Thanks again for the offer THP. Sure looks like a great club and really looking forward to the hearing the reader reviews as I'm anxiously awaiting their release in Feb. to get my own hands on them.

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade R-11 4 degrees up

2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex KBS 90 regular Flex

3. What do you look for in irons? A Iron that will perform with a balance between distance and feel with tight dispersion.

4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? I was one of those guy's at first I thought, really RocketBallz ? I was betting that the R&D department was given permission to name their latest development. The name will roll off the tongue easily If they perform anywhere close to what their named I'll game them with pride.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'd be testing the RBZ's up against my TaylorMade R-11 Irons comparing their performance weekly at the range. And I have several executive courses near by that I'd game Iron's only and provide weekly range and course reports with pictures and Video. The weather Winter doesn't discourage me from satisfying my appetite for Golf. I know THPer's including myself will be hungry to learn if TaylorMade has backed up what they advertise with the RocketBallz name. I get my Golf Fix on THP several times a day looking for anything new to learn about. So,I'd list myself as an active member.

Thank you TaylorMade and THP for providing The RocketBallz Irons to six lucky testers.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway X-22
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex Steel Stiff
3. What do you look for in irons? Forgiveness / Consistency - do not use long irons often
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? Great name - if a great club, name will be memorable. Burner was an unusual name when they came out as well.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Relatively new to THP. Live in Detroit, so golf is limited until snow clears, but will be out 2-3 times per week in the summer. Plus participate in a simulator league prior to spring. Not a regular at the driving range, but do visit occassionally.

Only a few days left to sign up if you haven't already! Don't miss out!

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno mx200

2. What shafts are in those irons? DG R300

3. What do you look for in irons? I used to look at aesthetics first but I've slowly discovered that if a club can make golf easier, run with it. I'm looking for distance with a tight dispersion. Mishits shouldn't be penalized as I hit very few "perfect" shots. I don't work the ball sideways but do change ball flight.

4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? It wouldn't have been my first choice in names but it is original and as long as the club does rocket balls, I'm sold.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I've tested on THP a few times and thought I did well with my r11 review. Living in Ohio, I wont be able to do a lot of outdoors testing but will be at our indoor range and simulator. My plan of attack is simple, put the clubs through the gauntlet and see how it performs and then document my findings. I like using photo and video to document findings and results as they are discovered. My activity level fluctuates but I'm on the forum 3-5 hours a day. I always have my kindle or phone on me so subscribed threads are always avaialble.

Thanks to THP and Taylormade for another amazing offer to our forum members.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

I'm looking forward to either hearing what people have to say about these irons or trying them out myself. I'm VERY interested in this line. Hope the signups keep coming! =)

It's great that this opportunity has brought so many new members to the site! Keep 'em coming guys! I can't wait to see the reviews and who the testers are!

I would love to test these out.

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently have a mixed set of TM TP's - 5-7 MC's and 8-PW MB's
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex - Dynamic Gold R300 XP's (Regular flex hardstepped once)
3. What do you look for in irons? First thing that gets me is appearance. Nothing inspires a confident swing more that being able to like what you are looking down at. Second is performance. There have been plenty of irons that I have tried that just dont work for me. I dont get caught up in the whole GI/SGI/Players irons categories. If they work, they work.
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? I like it. I think the name is definitely aimed toward the younger golfers. One thing for sure, everyone will remember the name of the clubs. I take the game seriously but not so much that a name will deter me from trying a product.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I have a few sets of irons that I can do a head to head comparison with (Cobra S9/TM Burner2.0/TM TP/Ping G15). I live in Northern California so on-course testing is possible all year round. I have a range down the street with a grass range. There is a local shop that my friends work at where i have access to clubfitting tools. One thing that I always check is L/L/L straight out of the box. Swingweight and overall weight is also a big factor to me. I play at least once a week and hit the range 2 or 3 times as well. I am on this site very frequently. I have never been fortunate enough to be picked for a testing and would really love to be chosen this time.

Again another amazing opportunity from THP & TM... thanks in advance on behalf of everyone here.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway X18
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex Steel, Regular
3. What do you look for in irons? Performance, feel, game improvement, sound, style.
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? Was skeptical at first, but I dig it. It speaks of power.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process. I would play a round at least once a week and at least 2 other times each week I would go to the range or Top Golf to test. My THP activity level is growing. I read a ton online and follow and view a lot on Twitter/FB. I would appreciate the opportunity to try these out and would give honest detailed feedback. Having played Callaway for so many years, just 8 months ago I switched my driver to a TM Superfast Burner after a driver fitting. I've been wanting to replace all woods/rescue since. The opportunity to update my irons to TM RBZ would be amazing... I bet they will improve my game.

thanks

1. Taylormade r11
2. KBS 90 Stiff
3. forgiveness and accuracy
4. It can work with the market they are aiming for.
5. I go to the range everyday and play at a minimum twice a week. I am not super active with posting because I am not as knowledgeable about most topics but I do try and chime in when I see fitting.

1. What irons do you currently play? Tommy Armour 845 c-31 combos
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex true temper, regular
3. What do you look for in irons? I look for an iron that has clean lines and doesn't appear too bulky
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? Personally I am not a fan of it.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I live in an area that you can golf all year, I am a member at a club with unlimited range balls and green fees, so getting out and testing is not a problem. There is a par 3 as well as a regulation course that offers a variety of shots that can be played from different clubs. I have been active on THP through 2011 and staying obsessed in 2012. I will be able to give live feedback during my rounds or practice sessions through twitter, facebook as well as update the thread from my phone.

Thanks to THP and TM for the opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Titleist AP2 710 Irons 5-PW
2. What shafts are in those irons? DG S300 shafts
3. What do you look for in irons? I like irons without bulky heads & no flashiness to distract at address. i don't like clubs with bling on them!
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? Sounds gimmicky which would suit teenagers but at the same times sounds like someone who chose the name was going through a mid-life crisis.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I live in Scotland which means less testing on the course through the winter months but more dedicated practice on shot playing and shot types on the range. Joined THP last year and been impressed with people's friendly advice. I am my own boss so I choose my own hours which means I can play more golf and give products a thorough testing. I am going to Dubai in March which will allow me to compare how the irons play in different conditions but most testing will be done against the Scottish wind to really see if they give you more length. My findings will be posted on THP, Twitter and Facebook along with video blogging on these.

Thanks THP

Last edited:
Wow This will be just as interesting to follow as any of the other testing I have seen on here. I am gonna throw my name in the hat even though I haven't been active the last couple of months. I still enjoy this website and all the great people and comments on it.

1. What irons do you currently play? I am currently playing TM Burner Plus
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex 85gr Steel Stiff
3. What do you look for in irons? My current irons I bought as i was getting back to golf/getting into playing. Then I was looking for something I could afford and felt good to hit. Since I've been playing and learned a ton. I am looking for a club that feels good to me but that is also extremely consistent in accuracy. I have good distance already 190yd 6i so I am looking for something I can start pin hunting with not just hunting for an area on the green.
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? The name is out there, but has created a ton of buzz in the industry. I don't mind it but the clubs better live up to the name as far as distance goes.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

Since it is mid winter here in Ohio I will have to rely on the simulator at a local course and the heated driving range nearby. Unless we get some more mild weather in which i can get out in. I have been hitting balls into my net every shift at work, working on my ball contact and swing(using almostgolfballs).

As always good luck to those who have signed up and have fun testing.

1. What irons do you currently play? Nickent 3dx Pros
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex -- Apollo Steel Regular Flex
3. What do you look for in irons? -- Forgiveness, distance, consistency
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? Pretty cool, catchy, ballsy
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm in Northern Ohio, so this time of year there is not much opportunity to hit the course, but I have a net and turf mat set up in the warehouse of the newspaper at which I work. I'm a 25-year veterans newspaper writer and the only thing I love nearly as much as playing golf is writing about golf. I play several times a week when weather permits and carry a 9 handicap at the moment. When testing, i do not sit and pound ball after ball one after another with the same club, but change it up every swing on the range so I can get the same feel as if I'm playing. Also when testing, I like to take clubs onto the course and put them through the rigors of a normal round, hitting a variety of knockdown shots, bump and runs, everything that might come up. I'm relatively new to THP but am on the site several times a day.

I'd love the opportunity to test the RBZ irons. Having played the Burner 2.0 and currently playing the two piece forged CB with KBS 90 R shafts I can contrast/compare results with the RBZ's

1. What irons do you currently play? - Taylormade CB
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex - KBS 90 R
3. What do you look for in irons? Appearance, finish, feel, distance, shaft, forgievness and dispersion
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? - Im getting used to it. Love RBZ
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process would include weekly play and practice. Play would be on public and private courses in the SF Bay Area. Practice would be on grass range with short game specific practice area. THP activity level...I visit the site daily.

1. What irons do you currently play? I play Taylormade 2.0
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex,steel Project X 5.0 flighted
3. What do you look for in irons? Mid to high ball flight and of course length
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? Definately catchy,not what I would have ever expected an iron to be named, RBZ sounds great though
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Four to five range sessions per week including 5 hours worth of lessons I will be taking over the next two months.
I usually read over the threads here at THP maybe twice per week.

Keep the signups coming.

I can't believe I missed this. What an awesome opportunity by TM and THP. testing this stuff is always a lot of fun and these irons look legit.

I can't believe I missed this. What an awesome opportunity by TM and THP. testing this stuff is always a lot of fun and these irons look legit.

Sign up then dude! I would like to see you test them. (Then I could hit them some. :act-up:)

Sign up then dude! I would like to see you test them. (Then I could hit them some. :act-up:)

I'll let you hit em ;D

Sign up then dude! I would like to see you get them. (Then I could hit them some. :act-up:)

Didn't know if I could, but I will anyway. Worst that happens is that I don't get picked right? These irons really intrigue me.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade TP Forged MC
2. What shafts are in those irons? Both Type & Flex Dynamic Gold S300[/B]
3. What do you look for in irons? ​Consistancy and a nice penetrating flight.
4. What do you think of the name RocketBallz? I think it is a ballsy name. I personally like it and think it is brilliant marketing by Taylormade
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I will hit the clubs often and share my honest thoughts after each range session and each round. I plan on being active on THP for a long time.

Last edited:
We will announce the testers Sunday night, so people have till then to sign up.

Back