Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also this was probably one of the worst officiated games ive ever seen...from both sides. Its been really bad, consistently.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I think the most important thing about officiating is consistency. If they consistently swallow the whistle they are letting them play. How is that bad officiating?
If they change mid game or call the fouls differently for the teams then that is bad officiating. But in my opinion consistency is all one can ask for.
On second thought as a player who learned to make a layup taking 2 steps it frustrates me that lebron gets at least 3 steps every single time he drives. That's consistent in a bad way.

Best passer in the NBA? It has to be Ricky Rubio!

And did Steve Nash retire and not tell anybody?

It never gets old to see Lebron miss key free throws or do other things to screw up in crunch time.

It is getting to be more the norm than previously and that is not a good thing. He is too talented to have this monicker and really needs to shake it.

I'm probably the biggest LeBron fan there is, but I have no issues anymore with anybody saying he's not clutch in the 4th quarter. 8-16 at the free throw line, missing rotations all night on defense, and TERRIBLE fouls at key moments? If the ball isn't in Dwyane Wade's hands at the end of the game, they're doing something wrong. That play he made to knock it off Jordan was a freak of nature display of athleticism.

I think I disagree with this. LeBron has been terrible at the end of games, but as bad as he's been, Wade's been there to match him. They really don't have a viable option at yhe end of games right now. Except Bosh when he nails threes at the buzzer. :D

I think the most important thing about officiating is consistency. If they consistently swallow the whistle they are letting them play. How is that bad officiating?
If they change mid game or call the fouls differently for the teams then that is bad officiating. But in my opinion consistency is all one can ask for.
On second thought as a player who learned to make a layup taking 2 steps it frustrates me that lebron gets at least 3 steps every single time he drives. That's consistent in a bad way.

Go watch replays in slow motion then see how many steps he takes. If you're talking about that spin move he had last night from the top of the key, it took him 1 step to get to the basket.

And did Steve Nash retire and not tell anybody?

Yeah, Nash is right there. Chris Paul and Nash would be my top 2. LeBron is a great passer, no doubt, but I don't think he's the best in the league. Jason Kidd was also up there when he was in his prime.

I think I disagree with this. LeBron has been terrible at the end of games, but as bad as he's been, Wade's been there to match him. They really don't have a viable option at yhe end of games right now. Except Bosh when he nails threes at the buzzer. :D

You serious?

You serious?

I'd be putting the ball in Wades hand and never looking back. LeBron just doesn't seem to have that killer mentality. It's taken me a while, but I've finally hopped on that bandwagon. All I know is, if I'm the best player on the court and I want to show everyone I am, I'm calling for the ball and going to the goal and just absolutely eviscerating everyone in my path. More often than not thats what Wade, not LeBron is doing. LeBron has stretches where he'll do it, and he can get to the bucket at will, so I have a hard time understanding why he refuses to continue to do it. Also I have no sympathy for professional basketball players that can't make free throws, sorry.

I dont watch the NBA nor do I pay attention to NBA news. But,, I really cant understand why the Hornets got rid of Paul.

My guess is the owner is tryin to make the team as terrrible as possible so he can move them again. He did it to Charlotte. He was in Oklahoma City during the hurricane and was trying to stay. He was getting sell out crowds here since we had never had a professional team and lots of people were jumping at the opportunity to see NBA games here. When he went back to New Orleans he was trying to petition the league to let him stay here. He is a douche IMO.

I'd be putting the ball in Wades hand and never looking back. LeBron just doesn't seem to have that killer mentality. It's taken me a while, but I've finally hopped on that bandwagon. All I know is, if I'm the best player on the court and I want to show everyone I am, I'm calling for the ball and going to the goal and just absolutely eviscerating everyone in my path. More often than not thats what Wade, not LeBron is doing. LeBron has stretches where he'll do it, and he can get to the bucket at will, so I have a hard time understanding why he refuses to continue to do it. Also I have no sympathy for professional basketball players that can't make free throws, sorry.

I agree 100%. people can give me all the reasons why Lebron has better skills but if I'm looking for a complete full time basketball player. It's Wade. No he doesn't always succeed but I don't think his effort or want the ball mentality will be questioned.

Lebron is still great but man....

I agree 100%. people can give me all the reasons why Lebron has better skills but if I'm looking for a complete full time basketball player. It's Wade. No he doesn't always succeed but I don't think his effort or want the ball mentality will be questioned.

Lebron is still great but man....he sure would look great in a Bears jersey playing TE just sayin

fify Tmex

Go watch replays in slow motion then see how many steps he takes. If you're talking about that spin move he had last night from the top of the key, it took him 1 step to get to the basket.

If you mean the legal amount plus 1 step then I agree.
He gets away with as many travels as KG with illegal screens.

I dont watch the NBA nor do I pay attention to NBA news. But,, I really cant understand why the Hornets got rid of Paul.

Because CP would have left anyway. This way they got the best package possible in return. Eric Gordon is an allstar caliber guard and a healty kaman is a top10 maybe top5 center.

Poor damaikis. During football season, he spent the bulk of his posts defending Vick and Sanchez, while trying to discredit Tebow. During NBA season, he's defending LBJ. I sense a reoccuring theme here.

You serious?

Wade went 1-8 two nights ago, and it wasn't just LeBron that was bad last night. The whole big 3 was something like 1-10. None of them was good.

Poor damaikis. During football season, he spent the bulk of his posts defending Vick and Sanchez, while trying to discredit Tebow. During NBA season, he's defending LBJ. I sense a reoccuring theme here.

I just don't understand why everyone hates LeBron and rips him for things that are not necessarily his fault.

Because some people just don't buddy. It's ok.

He did choke mightily though. Even you could admit that.

I don't dislike him or like him. But his stats in the 4th qtr and OT aren't good. Seems as though his 2010/2011 post season 4th quarter form haunts him. Maybe it's b/c he shares a team with D-Wade? I don't know. He wasn't really known for this in Cleveland.

I don't really watch the NBA though, it bores the crap out of me.

Yeah I don't deny that LeBron has been bad at the end of games for the most part since coming to Miami. So has Wade. For some reason people ignore Wade's miscues and only rip on LeBron.

It doesn't matter anyways because the Nets are going to the Finals out of the East.

Yeah I don't deny that LeBron has been bad at the end of games for the most part since coming to Miami. So has Wade. For some reason people ignore Wade's miscues and only rip on LeBron.

It doesn't matter anyways because the Nets are going to the Finals out of the East.

Because Wade has been there. He's proven that he can put a team on his back, in the finals, when it matters and come away with wins and a championship. He's also older than LeBron, with more injury history. LeBron also brought a lot of this on himself. Believe me, I'm the biggest LeBron fan there is. I've pulled for him die hard since day 1, and I'll continue to. He's a freak athlete and I love watching him play, but I'm not afraid to point out his faults. This year and in the finals, he's been absolutely terrible in the 4th quarter, overtime, and in clutch situations. That's just the bottom line.

If you mean the legal amount plus 1 step then I agree.
He gets away with as many travels as KG with illegal screens.

If you can pull up a video then I'll agree with you. Or unless you have a specific play you're referring to. Otherwise I have no idea of knowing what you're talking about. Every NBA player in every game gets away with something, people will never stop complaining. It's a game refereed by humans, where you're bringing in human error. I, for one, don't envy referees at the college/NBA level. It's unbelievable how hard it is to get calls right in real time, especially when you're talking about NBA players that move as fast as LeBron, Wade, Cp3, Derrick Rose, etc.

If you can pull up a video then I'll agree with you. Or unless you have a specific play you're referring to. Otherwise I have no idea of knowing what you're talking about. Every NBA player in every game gets away with something, people will never stop complaining. It's a game refereed by humans, where you're bringing in human error. I, for one, don't envy referees at the college/NBA level. It's unbelievable how hard it is to get calls right in real time, especially when you're talking about NBA players that move as fast as LeBron, Wade, Cp3, Derrick Rose, etc.

I know that every player is doing it. That doesn't make it legal. It is just so much more obvious with LeChoke. It would be easier to list his legal moves. By the way that spin last night was indeed a travel violation.

And Battier got away with a blatant shove in the back on the free throw play. Jordan got away with an obvious goaltend on a key basket. Whats your point? Because it's LeBron, right? I could care less either way, he traveled on the spin move in the post where he scored last night. That should have been called, and it's been proven all over news sources this morning. The one from the top of the 3 point circle I haven't seen anyone complain about. The more I watch it I don't see anything wrong with it. They've been consistently letting players do that on spin moves for the last few years. The spin move in the post he had, which isn't in that video was an obvious travel, but the one from the top of the key has been a consistent no call for a while.

Nobody ever called DWade the greatest ever - that is the difference. I never considered LBJ to be that or even close to that.

People complaining about traveling for certain players has been around for 30 years. Until its their favorite player. Star players have always gotten away with it. Just like palming the ball. Jason Terry is the perfect example of this. He would be out of the league if they called palming on him even 30% of the time he does it.

People complaining about traveling for certain players has been around for 30 years. Until its their favorite player. Star players have always gotten away with it. Just like palming the ball. Jason Terry is the perfect example of this. He would be out of the league if they called palming on him even 30% of the time he does it.

Yep. There are probably at least 5-6 palming calls a game that don't get called, because it's just a part of the game now unless it's extremely blatant. Same thing with travels. When those guys are moving as fast as they are, it's insanely hard to focus on their footwork and keep track of contact for fouls and things like that. It's human error, I don't understand why people always complain about traveling. It happens, get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back