DXI Super Lite Shaft Question

Ragarm

Reaction score
Handicap
I need help.
I have been looking at the Wilson Staff DXI Super lite driver and I need help understanding what I need. I am currently at the top end of a Reg. Shaft due to my swing speed. However I sometimes really need a stiff shaft. My question really is, because of the weight of the W/S Super Lite driver should I move into a stiff shaft. I have tried being fitted but I keep getting the same answer.....
Its up to me. I honestly hit my drives around 240 to 250... Does anyone have any thoughts for me Thanks..

Stiff might cost you a few yards, but if you are at that yardage I don't think it will hurt you.

Thanks for the thought...... When I hit my Reg shafted club I have to hold back a little, which I know is OK.
But does the Super lite weight of that driver change how much the shaft is effected. So if a lighter shaft and head increases my clubhead speed, how do I know what shaft to buy?

I don't think you have much of a way to know that outside demoing both against each other. I can tell you that I'm not a fast swinger and the lighter weight shafts seem to work well in a stiff flex for me. I swing regular flex in my irons and then stiff the rest of the way down.

I apprecaite you feedback, I will go and spend some time in a simulator and see what I can figure out.
Now my question is do I go with the DXI ( I have the 5 wood and I LOVE IT ) or look at the Super Lite.

Thanks Again for you thoughts

I thought the Dxi was far better than the Superlight in just about every way, but results may vary.

I noticed that there are a few different shaft options.... what do you use?

I haven't owned either of them, but I have swung both. Played one with round with the Dxi. The Dxi was with the stock Aldila Voodoo and the Superlight was with the Matrix.

Not a problem at all. Stop back in after you hit them and let us know how it went!

Well I did it. I went to the new PGA store and hit both the Super Lite and the DXI. I REALLY didn't like the Super Lite, but I fell in love with the DXI. Bad news is the DXI in in the $299.00 price range. I went home to think about it and I actually planned on going back the next day and make it a part of my next weekends golfing day. But the GREATEST thing happened last night as I was wondering around the internet...... I found it with the exact shaft I was looking for new from a store that I had done other business with ..... I couldn't pass it up, it only cost me $79.99. It was one clearance for 75% off of the normal sell price. I should have it tomorrow and playing with it Saturday.
I hope it responds as well as it did on the monitor.

Again thanks for you help and thoughts.

So, you picked up the regular Dxi then? That's a great price!

you can always start with regular, then tip the shaft to see how that would feel...from regular to tip 1/2", 1" will get it slightly stiffer.

Hi Guys
I just got my DXI driver with the stock VODOOOO shaft this past Friday and played 45 holes this past weekend.
I really want to say that this is a SUPER nice driver for the price. Both distance and being on the short grass as improved.
The reason why I went with the Vodoo shaft is that I also have it on my DXI 5 wood and loved it. But the best part of this was that when I went to the PGA store and tried it out, they were asking $299.00 plus tax. I found it online for $79.00 I wish everyone would give it a try. I also just recently bought a new set of CI9 irons... They are a great fit for my game, and at $200.00 I couldnt go wrong.

Glad you are liking it. It was pretty highly regarded at our 2011 Demo Day as well. It's a solid driver and there are definitely some deals to be found out there.

Back