TaylorMade Releases R11S Driver Preview

They came into the store thismorning I was told. The manager of the store was just putting all of the shaftbarcode stickers on as I walked in. I’m in Australia if that makes anydifference?

I was under the impression all their new line was launching in February. Wouldn't make sense for them to release early overseas, and have people ship em over to start selling early. I'd double check with your store.

I was under the impression all their new line was launching in February. Wouldn't make sense for them to release early overseas, and have people ship em over to start selling early. I'd double check with your store.

Check with the store??? I have it next to me as i type. Happy to provide pics if you are interested?

Check with the store??? I have it next to me as i type. Happy to provide pics if you are interested?

Haha no need, just seems kinda odd. More power to ya.

Man I am jealous! Congrats! You are one of the first people in the world to get this driver. You and the pros, pretty good company.

Haha no need, just seems kinda odd. More power to ya.

It's all good mate. It wasn't until you asked how I have it this early that I realised it had a later release date. It is kinda odd hey... but i'll live. haha.

It's all good mate. It wasn't until you asked how I have it this early that I realised it had a later release date. It is kinda odd hey... but i'll live. haha.

Yeah dude you're probably one of a few hundred people (if that) that have this thing right now. That's pretty darn cool.

I'm in AUs as well and have been told by my local shop they're hoping to have them this week.

This got me all excited so I called Drummond Golf at Penrith NSW and they put them out on the racks today. Called up GolfMart at Granville NSW and they will have them on Friday. Seems as though OZ is getting them before anyone which is really really strange. We are usually 3 months or more behind everyone else on most release dates for everything, not just golf equipment.

Oh man, i have the money just waiting to spend it on ether the Rocketball or R11s, Ahh i'm going nuts prob a few more weeks till it comes in Canada.

This got me all excited so I called Drummond Golf at Penrith NSW and they put them out on the racks today. Called up GolfMart at Granville NSW and they will have them on Friday. Seems as though OZ is getting them before anyone which is really really strange. We are usually 3 months or more behind everyone else on most release dates for everything, not just golf equipment.

Just double checked again with my local golf shop in Melbourne and they're now saying first week in feb as per the worldwide release. Been given strict instructions from Talyormade to not sell them early before the 3rd of Feb.

I'm in South Africa, went to the TM launch on Monday (23-Jan) - only releasing them here in SA on 3-Feb... - I was hitting the RocketBallz at the launch, and went as far as to order myself one there & then!
I literally "hit it like a rocket".
Super-amped!
I'm picking it up on 3rd, putting it to use on 4th. Boom!

I'm in South Africa, went to the TM launch on Monday (23-Jan) - only releasing them here in SA on 3-Feb... - I was hitting the RocketBallz at the launch, and went as far as to order myself one there & then!
I literally "hit it like a rocket".
Super-amped!
I'm picking it up on 3rd, putting it to use on 4th. Boom!

This is great news! Congrats on the new driver! I can't wait to get a chance with this thing.

Oh man, i have the money just waiting to spend it on ether the Rocketball or R11s, Ahh i'm going nuts prob a few more weeks till it comes in Canada.

GT may have em next week early. I have yet to see one or talk (outside THP) to someone who hit one. I am going to an outdoor fitting day on the 2nd. Pretty sure I will be playing the s, RBZ FW&hybrid. I am hoping to get a sweet deal (here's hope). We shall see, about said deal, I think at this point with all the product, TM would hook me up. Then again I could just be another golfer... Think positive...

I have such high hopes for this set up. Not super high expectations.

I was able to hit this driver at golf galaxy today. Man what a great driver! The head on it was a bit larger than the original R11. I liked that a lot. It sorta inspired confidence in it. I was able to hit some really nice looking shots with it. I am not really sure about he distance it was producing, because the simulator was messing up. I can't wait to try this one out at the outing in May. It is a really solid driver and I think I would put it in my bag tomorrow. I need to find a range around here to try one out. It really felt great and I am lusting over it.

I was able to hit this driver at golf galaxy today. Man what a great driver! The head on it was a bit larger than the original R11. I liked that a lot. It sorta inspired confidence in it. I was able to hit some really nice looking shots with it. I am not really sure about he distance it was producing, because the simulator was messing up. I can't wait to try this one out at the outing in May. It is a really solid driver and I think I would put it in my bag tomorrow. I need to find a range around here to try one out. It really felt great and I am lusting over it.

Did you hit the RBZ driver alongside it? I did and liked the R11s a lot better. I was getting at least 10 yards more on the R11s than the RBZ and it felt better.

Agree with both of you. Liked the R11s a lot better then the RBZ driver.

Beast mode from tapatalk

Did you hit the RBZ driver alongside it? I did and liked the R11s a lot better. I was getting at least 10 yards more on the R11s than the RBZ and it felt better.

I did. I really like the feel of this driver over the RBZ. I am pondering this driver like crazy now.

I did. I really like the feel of this driver over the RBZ. I am pondering this driver like crazy now.

What did you think about the shaft? I really liked it. Very sold for a stock shaft.

Beast mode from tapatalk

I am glad to hear some positive things about this driver. I did like the R11 so to hear that this is better is very encouraging.

Sent from my forged iPad

I'd really love to swing this driver as I really didn't like taylormades driver offerings last year but I have a feeling this will be everything the r11 should have been and more.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Just double checked again with my local golf shop in Melbourne and they're now saying first week in feb as per the worldwide release. Been given strict instructions from Talyormade to not sell them early before the 3rd of Feb.
If your in Melbourne and are interested go to Drummond golf Melbourne city. I was in there on Friday to have a look at the hybrids and they had the whole range out and selling. I asked the guy if I paid today whether I could take it home today and he said yeah no problems. As far as I know Drummond are the only store in Melbourne to have stock at the moment. House of golf doesn't have it yet. Driver and 3wood felt really nice. Hybrid gave me crazy distances, want to hit one on a range first before making a decision. Was telling me 260 yards off the tee for a 3hybrid which I don't believe.
Edit: forgot this was the r11s thread. Was talking about the rbz range above. Did get to hit the r11s driver though. Isn't for me unfortunately. The bigger head is nicer for the average golfer like me than the previous r11 but I couldn't hit it accurately another for me to consider it for my bag.

I'd really love to swing this driver as I really didn't like taylormades driver offerings last year but I have a feeling this will be everything the r11 should have been and more.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I was also very disappointed last year, although i did like the Superfast just the R11 you and i discussed our displeasure awhile ago with it.

I'm very excited with all the reviews and the new shaft in the R11 i think this could be the ONE!!!!

What did you think about the shaft? I really liked it. Very sold for a stock shaft.

Beast mode from tapatalk
liked it quite a lot. much better than most stock shafts. felt pretty stout and wasnt whipy and could feel the head through the swing.

Just took the R11S to the range again today and I have to give this driver a rave review. The head inspires a lot of confidence at address and the white crown provides great contrast between the ground and ball for easy alignment. The feel is somewhat better than my old R9 which is a plus. I'm still not a fan of the sound but, it is growing on me.

My swing is rather steep and with my irons I take a large divot. It's not a crazy ginormous divot and due to the steep attack I tend to spin the ball rather easily. My swing plane caries over in my driver (as it would) but not to the point where I'm making any contact with the ground. With this, I tend to have a ballooning at the apex of the ball flight with my driver and lose a bit of distance. The shaft (Aldila RIP Phenom) in the R11S is by far the greatest thing about this club and takes away a lot of back spin that my swing produces. My shots are medium trajectory and piercing. No ballooning or climbing flights at all. This has resulted in, on average, another 20 meters (22 yards) to my driver in carry and the ball is releasing more (5-10 meters) when it hits the ground opposed to just stopping or popping forward a few feet.

I'm not sure this shaft is going to be in the TP version of the club. I would definitely try the standard R11S as well as the TP version as the heads are identical and you could be paying $100 more for an aftermarket shaft that does the same job.

The forgiveness of the 460 head is something else. I purposely put a few shots off the toe and heel. Toed shots lost around 10-15 meters and moved to the right around the same, but, still on the fairway. Heel shots were a different story as i didn't seem to lose much distance but the ball move a lot to the right (around 25 meters). These results would be directly affected by the way the driver is set up. I had the ASP (Adjustable Sole Plate) set to neutral, the FCT (Flight Control Technology) set to the notch in-between Standard and Upright, which gives a slight draw and I had the 10g weight in the heel which gives a slight draw also.

Still in the honeymoon phase with this club obviously, but it's the best driver I have hit to date. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask as I will be happy to answer.

Just took the R11S to the range again today and I have to give this driver a rave review. The head inspires a lot of confidence at address and the white crown provides great contrast between the ground and ball for easy alignment. The feel is somewhat better than my old R9 which is a plus. I'm still not a fan of the sound but, it is growing on me.

My swing is rather steep and with my irons I take a large divot. It's not a crazy ginormous divot and due to the steep attack I tend to spin the ball rather easily. My swing plane caries over in my driver (as it would) but not to the point where I'm making any contact with the ground. With this, I tend to have a ballooning at the apex of the ball flight with my driver and lose a bit of distance. The shaft (Aldila RIP Phenom) in the R11S is by far the greatest thing about this club and takes away a lot of back spin that my swing produces. My shots are medium trajectory and piercing. No ballooning or climbing flights at all. This has resulted in, on average, another 20 meters (22 yards) to my driver in carry and the ball is releasing more (5-10 meters) when it hits the ground opposed to just stopping or popping forward a few feet.

I'm not sure this shaft is going to be in the TP version of the club. I would definitely try the standard R11S as well as the TP version as the heads are identical and you could be paying $100 more for an aftermarket shaft that does the same job.

The forgiveness of the 460 head is something else. I purposely put a few shots off the toe and heel. Toed shots lost around 10-15 meters and moved to the right around the same, but, still on the fairway. Heel shots were a different story as i didn't seem to lose much distance but the ball move a lot to the right (around 25 meters). These results would be directly affected by the way the driver is set up. I had the ASP (Adjustable Sole Plate) set to neutral, the FCT (Flight Control Technology) set to the notch in-between Standard and Upright, which gives a slight draw and I had the 10g weight in the heel which gives a slight draw also.

Still in the honeymoon phase with this club obviously, but it's the best driver I have hit to date. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask as I will be happy to answer.

Great review Dozza. I also noticed the same thing as you with the stock Adilda shaft. I also have a pretty steep swing plane and this shaft was pretty nice. If it was at the price point of all the other new drivers instead of 100$ more, it would most certainly be at the top of my list. TM got this one right, that's for sure. I hit it again today and was very pleased with it. With all the settings on neutral I was hitting a slight baby draw, with a nice piercing ball flight.

Back