Ping i 20 3 wood hooking problem....

WTDoc

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey there. I recently purchased the 1 20 driver and love it. 9.5 degrees with the 707 x-stiff. I love the club and can bomb it. I decided to purchase the 15 degree 3 wood with the same shaft without first hitting it because i hit the driver so well. Anyway, i am having a major issue with this big looping draw--20-25 yds and sometimes more. I hit the driver relatively straight or with a slight fade. Has this happened to anyone else. suggestions?​

I have almost the exact same setup as you (also have the i20 2H), I had the same issue. Hitting driver dead straight and when I first got the 3W, I hit it straight. It's just recently I started really hooking it. I just opened the club face a tad and got it back going straight again. My issue I think was more a swing issue than a club issue.

Do you have problems hitting it off the deck, tee, or both? But anyway, I don't think it's a club issue. I have an i20 driver and so does my buddy who also has the three wood and hybrid. My other good friend also has the three wood. We all hit our clubs and each other's really well. If anything, we tend to draw my driver more than normal. I think the face on my driver is a hair closed and it's also a half inch longer which causes the draw in my opinion. However, if I were you, I would try hitting down on the ball more with your three wood. When I see people having problems hitting their three wood because they're drawing it too much, it's usually because they're trying to sweep the ball off the ground too much which causes them to come too much from the inside. I hope this helps!

The hooking was off of both the deck and the tee. Every now and then I'll still hook it, but usually I just open the face a tad. It could also be something from where the ball is located in the stance.

Back