Speedliner

Reaction score
Handicap
My swing. It's gone. My nice, smooth, slightly outside in swing is gone. Gone is the slight fade, the length. Gone all gone.

I'd started pulling a slight draw. My most common miss on full shots. Not so bad. But last round and two times at the range, it started ore and more. Not unusual for me to lose the fade and gain a draw as the season progresses, but this isn't that. This is an over the top move that was creating a big pull and draw. Pretty shot really, just 20 degrees off target :)

So, I started trying to correct that over the top move and now, well, my swing is gone. Not sure who's swing I have at the moment, but it isn't mine. Lol.

Happens right? Disappointing though that I've been striking the ball well after my hiatus and just very rusty with my short game. I've been dropping 3, or 4 strokes with each round as I got better short. I was looking forward to being in good shape by the Atlantic City event and post scores in the 80s. That will be tough now. I guess I'll just have to hope to get off the first tee well. :)

Love this game.

Yep.....you gotta love it!! You will find it again.....I have been looking mine for about a year. I can go rounds at a time a fell as though I am hitting the ball well. Then I can go and not come close to stricking it.

I have been looking for my swing for 5 years since I started hitting a golf ball for the first time hehe. Maybe take a break and come back to it you will be fine

Let's keep in touch. Maybe we'll find them hanging out together.

It happens. To all of us, for various amounts of time. Pros shoot 80.
I lost mine last week, but after a few years I have come to realize it will come back. Just need to work through it. I've had this happen so often that I'd lay money on my grip being wrong.

Check the basics. I know my league partner has a terrible habit of messing with what isn't broken, and he has to start from the fundamentals on a regular basis after tweaking 47 different things and losing his swing completely.

I had some serious issues this year with my swing to the point i was going to give up. But i worked hard had a few lessons and i have now set my shot the best score of my life 75 and followed it with a 78 so with hard work and time it will come back.

I had some serious issues this year with my swing to the point i was going to give up. But i worked hard had a few lessons and i have now set my shot the best score of my life 75 and followed it with a 78 so with hard work and time it will come back.

Inspiration Boss!

dang...cause I am still searching for my swing.

I think I left it in the woody area 2 years ago...and no one put return it to lost and found. LOL

Golf is hard. I always have to force myself to take pressure off. Then the game comes back and quicker. At least for me.

The pro at my home course equates it to this: If you think of standing on a board that is resting on a cylinder. You try to find your balance. You may lose your balance left, so you put more weight to the right. Once you start going right, you put some weight back to the left. You may find some balance for a split second. But once you start to move to either side, you put more weight back to the opposite side. And the cycle continues.

Back