My miss is a pull.. can you see what's going on?

jbardet

Addict
Reaction score
Handicap

Something weird is happening with my hips and spine angle, I think, and perhaps swaying or leaning forward -- or just flat out over swinging. Today I tried Shawn Clement one legged and feet together drills, which includes throwing your backside out during the takeaway to counter balance and support the hip turn on the way back. No idea if I'm doing it right but it did feel OK generally.
But I'm still resulting in the same pull that I had prior. And yes, I'm still a bit of a scooper. Whenever I try to lag the club a lot, I shank it, I think because of spine angle. But also just because my body doesn't quite get it.
I am trying so hard to get a better swing with the irons but am having trouble. Any help is so very appreciated.
Thanks.

I don't help Sharks fans.

Go Kings.

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara, CA

OK, I guess I can throw you a bone...

There is a bit of "overswing" in there, mostly visible from the slow motion front view. As you near the top, you see the arms get a little deep (left hand over the middle of the head- should be outside the left ear), the club get a little long (past parallel with an iron is excessive as a general statement) and the upper back start to fall towards the target (a slight case of a reverse pivot). When all those conditions are in place, the only way to get the club back to the ball is get the hands/arms too involved on the downswing. Hence the loss of lag and "chicken wing" as you approach impact and through impact.

Hope that helps,

Trevor Broesamle, PGA
GolfTEC Santa Barbara, CA

no prob, i dont take advice from kings fans.

:act-up: thank you. i realized also my setup was poor. my lead arm was bent. i now have practiced with the bicep pressing against the pectoral and it has reduced my overswing, stabalized my body, and helped with lag. pretty amazing how a slight mistake in set up affects everything.

Back