imscottr

I Like Show Tunes!
Reaction score
Handicap
There is a golf show coming to Columbus this weekend. This will be the first time I've ever been. Not that I really need anything but I was told by a co-worker that there can be some good deals. Anyone have any experience with these types of shows? What do you think the chances are of buying something that is fake?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

If it is the one that was in Kansas City last weekend, don't bother.

It depends... If it's like the one through here last spring, go to a bar and spend your money on a beer instead. It was full of new clubs worth $5-$20 and shirts worth $10. I didn't go but a friend said that within 10 minutes of wasting his $15 to get in, they left because it was a complete joke. The "show" travels around the US making a new stop each weekend.

However, if it's like the MN state golf show, you should definitely go. Tons of freebies, USGA reps, free PGA lesson clinics, information from all of the big and new resorts and some good buys from retailers.

I hope you're dealing with the latter.

I think the better shows come after the PGA show. Ours is the last weekend of February.

The one I went to last weekend was like a liquidation sale. Some newer stuff, mostly older stuff.

That one looks like it might be worth $9, especially if the weather is too bad to play that day.

Looks like a good show for $9.00

Agreed. That show sounds like it's worth it. It looks like the pictures are legit and you get a free sub to GOLF magazine just for going. The long drive and long putt challenge look pretty cool also. The show me and Smalls went to would be similar to a trash bin full of old and decrepit clubs. It was poorly managed and just bad.

Agreed. That show sounds like it's worth it. It looks like the pictures are legit and you get a free sub to GOLF magazine just for going. The long drive and long putt challenge look pretty cool also. The show me and Smalls went to would be similar to a trash bin full of old and decrepit clubs. It was poorly managed and just bad.

That's pretty funny. Sorry to laugh at you misfortune bro. I'll check it out and see how it goes and report back.

Thanks guys.

Milo are you going to the WM golf show? I'll see you there if you are, it should be a great show!

Yes I am Icemann, WM is always a good time.

The main benefit of going to my local show is that you can get a bunch of 2-for1 coupons for good local courses. If it wasn't for that I'm not sure I'd go.

The main benefit of going to my local show is that you can get a bunch of 2-for1 coupons for good local courses. If it wasn't for that I'm not sure I'd go.

I feel the same way. I am hoping to be able to get up there again this year for the same reason.

I've been to the one in Boston a few times. I won't be going anymore.

We go to Milwaukee, Madison, and last year Chicago. Good deals on balls, bags, shoes, and older model clubs. OEMs have tents/hitting bays. Local courses have booths offering golf deals. Grace and I work our club's booth at the Milwaukee show pushing memberships and the junior program.

Last year at the Chicago show, which is huge, both Grace and I put 80' putts inside a small circle and won free rounds of golf.

We love the golf shows.

Kevin

So, just got back from the golf show and they had some really good deals, that's for sure.

Burner 2.0 - $150
Burner 2.0 FW - $100
R11 - $250
R11 FW - $150
910 - $250
910 FW $150

I picked up a set of Mizuno MP 53's 3-PW for $600.

I'll be going next year to upgrade my wedges and maybe a putter.

So, just got back from the golf show and they had some really good deals, that's for sure.

Burner 2.0 - $150
Burner 2.0 FW - $100
R11 - $250
R11 FW - $150
910 - $250
910 FW $150

I picked up a set of Mizuno MP 53's 3-PW for $600.

I'll be going next year to upgrade my wedges and maybe a putter.

Nice pick up with the MP-53s!

There is a golf show coming to Columbus this weekend. This will be the first time I've ever been. Not that I really need anything but I was told by a co-worker that there can be some good deals. Anyone have any experience with these types of shows? What do you think the chances are of buying something that is fake?

Always a chance of fakes at any show.

If it is the one that was in Kansas City last weekend, don't bother.

I agree. I stopped going to them years ago. Most are pretty sad.

The only show we get is the clone/old stuff bonanza. I

Wow, not quite the response I was hoping for. I'm not sure what type of show it is exactly.

Here's the site http://northcoastgolfshows.com/consumer.aspx?ShowsID=1

I went to this show last year in Virginia. You can find some good deals...but you have to know the prices. Some times you could have gotten the club, etc cheaper from an online store. Also, as someone has commented, you get a years subscription to golf magazine, plus you can pickup some good 2/1 coupons.

It is in Virginia again next week & plan on going with some friends.

It is worth the $9 entry fee.

I went to this show last year in Virginia. You can find some good deals...but you have to know the prices. Some times you could have gotten the club, etc cheaper from an online store. Also, as someone has commented, you get a years subscription to golf magazine, plus you can pickup some good 2/1 coupons.

It is in Virginia again next week & plan on going with some friends.

It is worth the $9 entry fee.

Very cool man. Hopefully you can pick up some good stuff

Back