Are these Taylormade Rescue 11 clubs fake?

Reighnman

Reaction score
Handicap
I just bought a Taylormade Rescue11 3-18 and 4-21 on ebay for $150. They are new but have the ARP stamp on them. The seller has amazing 75,000+ feedback at over 99% and deals in California. They look really good but one thing bothers me, 1 of the gray painted areas on the 4 is rounded while sharp on the 3. Also wondering if that wavy paint on the bottom third of the shaft is normal? They both have serial numbers, I would call Taylormade but I heard that doesn't really confirm anything. Would Golfsmith check them out for me?

I took some pics to show but it says I haven't posted enough to link pictures.

Thanks for any advice.

Without pics it's impossible to say. A TM dealer should be able to tell you though.

Post them to Photobucket and than link it.

The "wavy paint" is actually the woven graphite showing through. That is legit. As far as the other stuff, you should be able to call Taylormade and give them the serial #s off of the clubs. I imagine they will be able to give you a thumbs up or down pretty quick.

"ARP" stands for Asset Recovery Product.

These clubs are returns, clubs taken back from a retailer or other similar reasons and sold without a warranty. I've had some in the past and they are legit and perform/are the same as any other club in the TM line. The only problem with them is usually the resale value and why you got them for the price you did.

Play them and don't worry about them. They will be just fine.

"ARP" stands for Asset Recovery Product.

These clubs are returns, clubs taken back from a retailer or other similar reasons and sold without a warranty. I've had some in the past and they are legit and perform/are the same as any other club in the TM line. The only problem with them is usually the resale value and why you got them for the price you did.

Play them and don't worry about them. They will be just fine.

This is exactly what I was coming in to post, of course they carry no warranty from TMaG so hopefully you have no problems with them. Most sellers will offer a warranty for a specified amount of time on them, check with the seller and see if they are "as is" or have some warranty from them.

Thanks for all the replies... I was confident with the seller but still wanted to be extra sure before I started using them.

Given that it has the ARP stamp is probably a good sign they are legit. TM is the only OEM I can think of that stamps their returned clubs like this. I can't see a company in the business of counterfeiting, making fakes stamped with "ARP".

Out of curiosity did the seller on ebay mention in the details that they were "ARP"? If not I'd be a little p.o'd if it were me.
A reputable seller should divulge this information.

Given that it has the ARP stamp is probably a good sign they are legit. TM is the only OEM I can think of that stamps their returned clubs like this. I can't see a company in the business of counterfeiting, making fakes stamped with "ARP".

Out of curiosity did the seller on ebay mention in the details that they were "ARP"? If not I'd be a little p.o'd if it were me.
A reputable seller should divulge this information.

That's what I was thinking, I just wanted to make sure with all the bad stories I read online about fakes. Yes, the seller actually did mention they were stamped ARP. About $100 off per club sounded like a pretty nice deal. Hopefully it will be worth the gamble with no warranty and all. :D

Back