The F1 Mercedes AMG Driver

Understood. Would still like to test this out. I quite like the look of it. Any chance we can get this at the outing?

i would think it will be there.

That is actually very cool.

Has my initials on it lol...still kind of ugly though.

Wow, pretty slick. Can't wait to hear how it performs.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Choke Gasp I have the F1 Mercedes all gassed up ready for a drive.

The price point makes way more sense than than the Williams line. They couldn't have made much if anything with that line. A 399 suggested is at the top end, but not completely out of reach if the thing performs and looks good. SO maybe 350 in the store and 299 after 6-8 months?

I find the shape odd, but strangely compelling....

Any more pics from the PGA show? Do they actually have a booth with clubs on display there?

I think its pretty awesome. It kind of reminds me of the Lexus clubs that you can buy in Japan.

Any more pics from the PGA show? Do they actually have a booth with clubs on display there?

Yes and Yes, however please bare with us as we get all of our coverage uploaded. Lots of stuff coming tonight and through the week.

I don't really know what to say...just....wow.

Hey duey...Hang onto that driver buddy...not many around I am betting.

Well, I am not sure I would say that. Just me personally of course. Some would say the FW32 came from existing designs from Hoeffy while at Nickent. He is not affiliated in any way with this line.

Haha, I don't see my old William's going anywhere real soon, I've yet to find a longer straighter driver than this one so far, but could happen.

I'll post a pic of the old design since it's being compared, you mods can delete if that's not a good move. Way different design, I wonder if the new design is also incorporating the Densimet weighting system?

P1040129.jpg

Well... I hope it performs better than their cars in actual F1 (the mercedes)

Last edited:
That's pretty cool duey, I love F1. Considering their budget constraints, I think Williams do pretty well.

The only problem with the Williams F32 was the price. How they thought this would work in the current economy is beyond me. Its still 600 bucks at Golftown for the driver and nearly 300 for the Hybrid. I am sure its a great driver- but is it 200 bucks better than a Razr Hawk or 300 better than a SL290?? No. No its not. That leaves you with 300+ bucks of 'exclusivity'. After Mitt Romney, Warren Buffett and the Prince of Monaco get theirs who is left? The marketing that I saw for it was all targeted at the Gucci crowd as well. (gold plating, flying someone to you house on a personal jet for fitting etc etc)

Definitely hang on to it- I seriously doubt many more will be made.

The Mercedes one seems much better priced- still top end, but top end in a normal way. At 399 (if that is the price) its competing with the R11, 910 or ZL Encore. Now you open up a much larger market. There a plenty of folks (me included) that would rather have a bit of exclusivity- so long as the clubs preformed at the same level.

Still have to see the rest of it- I am very worried that the top is white which would kill it for me. But from the pic my guess is that it is adjustable, it looks like the weight is in 'middle and away' rather than 'low and away' (unless its a trick of the angle of the pic) so a very low launching, low spinning model maybe? I also think curved moulded airflow design of this makes much more sense than a straight velocity slot. It looks slippery though the air.

Could be crap. But I think it has great potential!

The only problem with the Williams F32 was the price. How they thought this would work in the current economy is beyond me. Its still 600 bucks at Golftown for the driver and nearly 300 for the Hybrid. I am sure its a great driver- but is it 200 bucks better than a Razr Hawk or 300 better than a SL290?? No. No its not. That leaves you with 300+ bucks of 'exclusivity'. After Mitt Romney, Warren Buffett and the Prince of Monaco get theirs who is left? The marketing that I saw for it was all targeted at the Gucci crowd as well. (gold plating, flying someone to you house on a personal jet for fitting etc etc)

Definitely hang on to it- I seriously doubt many more will be made.

The Mercedes one seems much better priced- still top end, but top end in a normal way. At 399 (if that is the price) its competing with the R11, 910 or ZL Encore. Now you open up a much larger market. There a plenty of folks (me included) that would rather have a bit of exclusivity- so long as the clubs preformed at the same level.

Still have to see the rest of it- I am very worried that the top is white which would kill it for me. But from the pic my guess is that it is adjustable, it looks like the weight is in 'middle and away' rather than 'low and away' (unless its a trick of the angle of the pic) so a very low launching, low spinning model maybe? I also think curved moulded airflow design of this makes much more sense than a straight velocity slot. It looks slippery though the air.

Could be crap. But I think it has great potential!

$600 is a steal. Golftown here in Canada has them listed on their website for $1,100

edit: nvm, they also have the $600 version

still crazy

$600 is a steal. Golftown here in Canada has them listed on their website for $1,100

edit: nvm, they also have the $600 version

still crazy

You went straight for the gold plated version! hahahaha! Can you imagine buying an 1100.00 driver? Do people who buy those even play them?

You went straight for the gold plated version! hahahaha! Can you imagine buying an 1100.00 driver? Do people who buy those even play them?

Well their website automatically lists price high to low so it was the first one that caught my eye

I'm sure the type of person who buys a driver like that pays someone else to hit his drives for him :D

Well their website automatically lists price high to low so it was the first one that caught my eye

I'm sure the type of person who buys a driver like that pays someone else to hit his drives for him :D

Is that allowed? If so I'll have to ponder a new minion. To the ponder thread I go.

That's pretty cool duey, I love F1. Considering their budget constraints, I think Williams do pretty well.

Unfortunately in North America they did not. Hence the reason we are seeing this new line of clubs from Michael.

Fascinating. I'm always up got a good golf gimmick. Let's see whatcha got!

Anything AMG is pretty cool. I'm kicking myself for buying my SLK280 instead of a SLK55 that was on the floor.

Anything AMG is pretty cool. I'm kicking myself for buying my SLK280 instead of a SLK55 that was on the floor.

All non AMG benz owners should regret not getting the AMG model haha no offence :p

I hope we are blessed with one of these for team THP to put through the testing. If anything close to the FW32 I think they will find a very solid performer and at the $399 price range, (possibly lower street price), on line for what it is.

Back