Texas Get Together

I've been working on my swing and I can't wait for you guys to see me top the ball down the fairway!

I've been working on my swing and I can't wait for you guys to see me top the ball down the fairway!
As long as you're topping it and not hitting into me in the rough, we'll be fine! :)

And I thought I had the copyright on that move. Especially important after a great drive in the middle of the FW.

At least you wont have to worry about wind being a factor.

awesome, gotta love delta $450 bucks round trip, seems a bit steep, gonna have to check the points balance
Any idea if you will be able to make it? The offer still stands!

I might be able to make this, although I wouldn't be staying. I can drive back and forth.

I might be able to make this, although I wouldn't be staying. I can drive back and forth.
We should meet up for a round, or try and get up there before the get together.

In honor of Nate's new sticks (Taylormade RBZ) ...bumping this back up for everybody!

Just found the site and live in the Mid Cities area. I play most of the tracks west of Dallas (City of Arlington, City of Fort Worth, Fossil Creek, Grapevine being the most common courses) with a regular group of guys, but not sure you can ever have enough people to play with...? Playing in a scramble at Meadowbrook on Sunday benefitting the Cancer Society in case anyone else from here might be playing too. Anyone else in my area?

Just found the site and live in the Mid Cities area. I play most of the tracks west of Dallas (City of Arlington, City of Fort Worth, Fossil Creek, Grapevine being the most common courses) with a regular group of guys, but not sure you can ever have enough people to play with...? Playing in a scramble at Meadowbrook on Sunday benefitting the Cancer Society in case anyone else from here might be playing too. Anyone else in my area?

Welcome! I play several of those courses also but not playing in the scramble you are referring to. Meadowbrook in FW is a fun track! We need to get a DFW group together here shortly but should plan it outside of this thread.

Played Meadowbrook many times back when I was attending Texas Wesleyan. Fun track.

Welcome! I play several of those courses also but not playing in the scramble you are referring to. Meadowbrook in FW is a fun track! We need to get a DFW group together here shortly but should plan it outside of this thread.
Yes....we will get a DFW group together.

Meanwhile, if anyone else is interested in playing down south of Austin in March, see the very first post on the thread and let us know! Should be fun!

I would definitely be interested in a DFW get together. Only about 4 hours from where I live.

Thanks! I'm going to get in a practice round at Meadow tomorrow. Recently put a 2.0 TP SuperBurner in the bag, replacing my R7 SuperQuad that I loved. Hard getting used to hitting a fade when I've been playing a draw for years...and at Meadow, it's not a course that requires alot of distance off the tee, I'll probably just get myself in trouble.

Mcook77, (or anyone else in this vicinity) we'll have to meet up and play one of the local tracks sometime soon -- maybe next weekend weather permitting.

You can only come if you wear that hat:D Add 4 more hours and you too could play with us in March.

Playing Winstar tomorrow FYI

I've actually never played that course before. How is it?

I played Meadowbrook probably 50 times from about 1980 through '87 or thereabouts. I think they switched the front and back nines around at some point after that.

I played Meadowbrook probably 50 times from about 1980 through '87 or thereabouts. I think they switched the front and back nines around at some point after that.

I played there as a teenager and then didn't play it again for many years...no reason, just didn't... Now it's within 10 minutes of my house, so it's a no-brainer. I like the layout, although the 1st hole (par 5) isn't very forgiving in it's current format. You still live in the area pjcedog?

It is three nines and they are nice. Worth the drive down when you get the time.

What's the rate at Winstar? Taking the wife up there for the John Mayer concert in March and staying the night...maybe I can get a round in while I'm there.

Love winstar. Never played the course, but Riverwind and Winstar got me in a few binds while in school :D Happy that I have Lake Charles for that now.

What's the rate at Winstar? Taking the wife up there for the John Mayer concert in March and staying the night...maybe I can get a round in while I'm there.

I looked at the website earlier. If I remember right it was $49 winter rate and $69 the rest of the year. They also had a twilight, I think after 2:30, but I don't remember seeing the price for that.

I looked at the website earlier. If I remember right it was $49 winter rate and $69 the rest of the year. They also had a twilight, I think after 2:30, but I don't remember seeing the price for that.

Go to the Book Tee Time tab at the top of the page for best rates.

We need to open a new thread for anything not related to the Texas get together topic. Or go here to talk about Texas http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/group.php?groupid=37

Back