Forum Testing Signup - 2012 Bridgestone B330 Line of Golf Balls

1. What ball do you currently play? Titleist Pro V1
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? A good amount of spin control around greens without sacrificing distance & durability.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? No, actually I've never been fitted for a golf ball.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? As an avid golfer, I hit the range 3-4 times a week for two hours each session split evenly between full swings and short game. I believe my best feedback will be provided with chipping and green side bunker shots. My on-course play has been limited lately (baby #2), but I know the wife will understand the importance of testing and hope to get few rounds in. Like most THPers, I'm addicted to this forum and have tried my best to participate & contribute wherever I can. Proud to be apart of the Albatross club and hope to make it to a THP event in the near future.

1. What ball do you currently play? I've been switching between the E6, Burner tour and the Penta. Currently using the Penta more as I've been struggling to get the E6 to stop on the green.
2. What is your driver swing speed? Average just over 100
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Currently I want a ball that is able to give good distance without spinning ridiculously off the tee but most importantly I want to be able to stop the ball on the green. I like to be able to either stop the ball dead or be able to back it up. Whichever the ball does I want to be able to do it consistently. I know with the Penta I am able to back the ball up about 5 feet from inside 100 yards. Knowing that I can always do this gives me more confidence in going straight at the pin instead of playing the safe shot to a big clear area of the green.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have. Originally it recommended the E6 which I used and loved while I was working on my swing to fix my slice. Since then I have re-done the online fitting and have been recommended the tour B330-RX which I haven't had a chance to buy and try yet. I think that the online fitting works well and I know from reading other peoples comments many on here have had great success with it.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing process would be relatively straight forward. I would have a close look at the ball and compare it in looks and feel to it's main competitors (I'm a ball junkie and have most brands of tour ball at home, buy a new dozen every time I go into town pretty much). Next I would take them out for a round on my own when it's quiet on the course so I can compare both types on the same holes under the same conditions using a variety of shots from various distances so I can convey how each one behaves under certain conditions. I will take video of the ball off the tee and on the green so you can hear it and see how it behaves. Currently I am working heaps on my short game from 100 yards in and spend a couple of hours each night at the course working on my short game. To me this is the most important part of a ball as this is where you score. Off the tee you can change your swing to get a ball to behave as you want but it is much harder to change your swing to get the ball to behave well around the green so a lot of my testing will be done from 100 yards in though I will still do a lot of full round testing.
As far as my THP activity level. I read most threads and am constantly looking at THP on tapatalk when I'm at work. When I'm home THP is one of the first things I check on the computer. I have been posting consistently and frequently and don't see that changing any time soon. In short, like it or not, you guys are stuck with me for a while :D

Sweet, thanks Bridgestone!

While I would love to test the new balls I have 12 dozen box's thanks to THP and Bridgestone. Cant wait to hear the feedback of the new B330RX.

Thanks to THP and Bridgestone Golf for the opportunity to test a new line of golf balls. Congrats on the win at the Farmers Insurance Open!

1. What ball do you currently play? Nike Mojo/Taylormade Penta
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? I really like a ball that feels soft at impact whether it be on the green or off the tee. Spin isnt too important to me since I seem to have no issues but I really want a ball that is going to be longer. Durability is huge though since I tend to use the same ball for an entire round and sometimes multiple rounds.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I did an online fitting and I thought it was really clever. I actually planned on going to a fitting with a friend just because I have never done anything like that in person and am interested in how it works.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play quite actively and currently I am testing the Cleveland Black driver so I think that adding in a golf ball testing might be fun. I am on THP a lot and check in on tapatalk when I am away from my computer. I probably would work on testing in parts--Off the tee, Irons, chipping, putting--so that I could focus on each area and be able to test more of each part instead of having to rush through things.

1. What ball do you currently play? Never had a "go to" ball, usually play Nike Vapor Speed, Bridgestone E6 or Titleist NXT Tour....tried the Penta but it just goes all over the place
2. What is your driver swing speed? 95-100mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? I like a ball that doesn't spin too much as I have strong fade and with spinny balls this just becomes an ugly slice. The E6, Nike Vapor Speed and NXT tour all seem to fit that category
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I've done the online one as in the UK it's nigh on impossible to have a proper ball fitting. They suggest I use the B330RX but as have lots of others to get through I haven't bought any as yet
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm usually on THP most days but have never tested anything for THP. I play a minimum of once per week at my local club (or will do from March once the weather picks up) and go to the driving range once or twice per week

Another awesome test by THP :clapp:

1. What ball do you currently play? Bridgestone B330 and Taylormade Penta TP.
2. What is your driver swing speed? 100-105
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Durability and feel with putter. Also prefer something with lower spin that will bounce forward on the green. Stopped using ProV1x because it spun too much greenside.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? Did the online fitting, that is what directed me towards the B330.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play and practice quite a lot, sometimes up to 5 times a week so would be able to give the balls a real good going over. Also it would be great to have someone overseas participate :act-up: I play off an 11 handicap and feel I have a good understanding of the other balls out there to compare to. I have recently tested Pro V1x, Penta, Z Star and B330 and came to the conclusion that the B330 is a real good fit for my game.

Thanks to Bridgestone teaming up with THP for another testing!!!!

1. What ball do you currently play? Penta, E6
2. What is your driver swing speed? 105mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Spin on the greens, feel and cost
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? Online only, great concept love the emphasis on fitting. Would love to get to a live fitting this year.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process would be playing 1-2 rounds / week and time on the practice green/bunkers 2-3 times/week. I would report back my findings after each round/practice session utilizing pic's and video as well. Daily reader and poster on THP.

Good luck people and i bet the lucky ones recieving a sleeve will be more than happy with the balls. Bridgestone makes really really good balls!

1. What ball do you currently play? Bridgestone E6/taylormade Penta
2. What is your driver swing speed? 99 mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? A combination of a ball that provides good distance and holds well on the short shots into the green.
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have, I did it twice last year, they suggested both times the E6 primarily due to my slicing issues. Now that my swing is better, I feel it may be time to upgrade to a tour ball.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play a lot of golf (75+ rounds for the Midwest isnt too bad!) so there would be adequate on course testing for tee shots and iron shots. Im also going to work more on going to the range 2-3 times per week this year, which would give me a good chance to evaluate the balls with greenside shots and putting. Both would be done with a combination of pics, videos and general reviews.
Im very active on THP, logged on multiple times per day and have ammased a decent amount of posts in less than a year.

This has been added to the home page. If you get a chance, show some love to the participating company and give them some thanks in the comments section, or retweet it with the button at the top. Thanks everybody.

1. What ball do you currently play? Srixon zStar
2. What is your driver swing speed? 101 mph
3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Distance, spin and durability
4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? Tour b330 via BFIT, based on ball characteristics, would seem to be best fit
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play every weekend, weather permitting, pretty much yr. round. Have ability to play a multiple shots on Sunday as course is wide open. Would hit several different shots under different conditiond to determine flight, spin, distance characteristics between current & test ball. Spend lots of time putting to determine roll and feel. Use gps to get fairly accurate distances. Have picked up activity on forumrecently. Joined early and continued to follow threads interested in.... And PGA show coverage, Thanks!

BHridgestone Balls - Signup

BHridgestone Balls - Signup

I currently play the Titleist ProV1

My driver swing speed is 99

As long as the ball can put me in the fairway, it's good for long game. I'm more concerned about short game. I want the ball to give great spin and feel good off my putter. The ball should be durable so I don't need a new one every other hole, and I like a good brand because I'm egotistical. Bridgestone = Great brand!

I have gone through a B-Fit and I was fit for the B330-RX. The person I talked to was very friendly and had the answers to all of my questions. Bridgestone rocks! I went and bought two sleeves of RX balls (last year's model) and I loved them! They weren't quite what I see out of the ProV1. I'd love to see a much improved product this year and hopefully integrate the ball into my game.

I haven't really been super active since New Year's because I have been very busy. However, the schedule clears up next week and golf season inches closer, so I can promise huge activity in the coming weeks. Any chance I have I would be on the course playing side by side the ProV1 and the B330 and take notes on the pros and cons of each vs. each other. I'm also willing to purchase sleeves of other balls that you guys suggest and compare them side by side. When it comes to straight up feel of the ball, I will play it in the sims / nets so that ball flight is not seen. I will compare balls side by side in there to find which ball feels the best for me.

This is another great opportunity from THP and Bridgestone! Thanks guys and good luck to all!

Last edited:
This a great opportunity for the members here to test some great balls. No golf here for at least two more months, so I just read the review's on this one. Good luck to all!

Awesome! I love ball testing threads. Big thanks to Bridgestone and THP for bringing it yet again with the real testing! :D

Very tempted to enter my name, but given that the winter rules at my course will keep me playing off a mat until March at least, it's not fair on the testing process for me to go in for it.

I'm really keen to discover a new ball for my game this year, and I'll be following this one closely. Good luck everyone!

Another great testing opp between Bridgestone and THP!!!

1. What ball do you currently play? Titleist NXT, Titleist Pro V1, Nike Mojo

2. What is your driver swing speed? 95 mph

3. What do you look for in your golf ball? High compression, spin and consistentency

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? No

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity I play at least once a week, usually twice weather permitting. I'm on the boards as much as busy life allows.......

1. What ball do you currently play? Nike One Tour or Titleist ProV1

2. What is your driver swing speed? Avg 100-105

3. What do you look for in your golf ball? I like a ball that is solid off the tee, but gives me enough spin to hop and stop on a green.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have and I was fitted for the B330 RX. I thought it was very easy to use and produced the right ball for me.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I try to get out and play every week. I plan on spending some time on the putting and chipping green with these first. I then will take them on to the course. I usually don't have a problem losing balls during the round (knock on wood) so I think I would be able to put in the full 2 months of testing with these balls. I tried playing the B330 RX before and it didn't do well for me. I would like to see if the changes they made would do better for me. Thanks Bridgestone and THP for giving us this great opportunity to test a great product.

Last edited:
1. What ball do you currently play?
TaylorMade Penta

2. What is your driver swing speed?
100-105

3. What do you look for in your golf ball?
Consistency, feel, distance with driver, spin with wedges

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts?
Yes, it's a good thing to start with, but one must test equipment on course to get a better feel.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
Currently I hit in a Flight Scope launch monitor once a week, and once a week on a range and from next week on, on a daily basis with a Optishot system in my garage. The finnish weather does not allow me to play on course at the moment, but I get to go on 5 different courses in Sweden on the first week of April, with about 8 during that week. I'm a avid THP reader, and started posting a while ago, and THP has become my daily routine during the past months.

This is another great testing opportunity, thanks to :thp: and :bridgestone:.

I will have tp pass on this one as the weather here is still pretty poor and when you do get to play the ground is either really wet or frozen solid so testing balls would be pretty pointless. We are also using mats from the fairway, which means I only use them a couple of times a round :wink:, which can cause some strange shots.

Good luck to those that are chosen.

Stupid Iowa winters, so unpredictable, so I'd better not commit to testing. Thankfully I've hit 3 of the four balls. I look forward to hearing more impressions on these.

~Rock

1. What ball do you currently play? Titleist NXT Tour

2. What is your driver swing speed? 100 mph

3. What do you look for in your golf ball? Greenside spin on the short shots without sacrificing distance off the longer clubs. I don't mind paying up for a good ball as long as the cover is pretty durable.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have gone through the online fitting and was amazed at how detailed the fitting was for an online tool. Bridgestone seemed to hit a home run with the online fitting, as many other OEMs now include them on their sites. I haven't been to a live fitting as there are not many open to the public in my area.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am a daily contributor to many different sections of the subforums, not just the equipment section. I am a previous THP equipment tester who underestimated how much work was involved with testing. After a few tips & changes, I have received many positive feedback posts and thank yous on how I can relate my findings through written writeups and videos on THP & posts to Twitter. I would continue this trend by continuing to visit the practice area 1-2 times a week and play golf 3-4 times a month.

Last edited:
Current Ball: TaylorMade Penta TP
Swing Speed: 100 mph
What do I look for in a golf ball: Durable cover, soft feel and spin around the greens.
Bridgestone fitting: Have been through both BFit and on site fitting, was given e6 and B 330 RX
Activity Level: Tested Bridgestone yellow B330 RX last year and wrote accurate description and would give thorough testing again if fortunate to be chosen this time.

Woohoo!! Leave it to THP and Bridgestone....

1. What ball do you currently play? Srixon Z Star

2. What is your driver swing speed? 110 MPH

3. What do you look for in your golf ball? I look for an all around golf ball. One that will produce good results from tee to green. A ball that will give me good distance off the tee, feel on approach shots and around the green and one that has a good feel off the putter face. Consistency is key when looking for a ball. I expect the ball to react the same way, each and every time. (Providing I put the correct swing on it, that is.)

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts? I have. It's been two years, so I would like to do it again, for my swing has changed quite a bit. I couldn't have been happier with my experience with B-Fit. The guys I worked with were top notch. They answered all of my questions and even gave me a free sleeve of e6's. I think the B-Fit program is for everyone. Playing the right ball is just as important as playing the right clubs. Other manufacturers have come up with their own version of this fitting process, but only one stands out and does it right.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level. I am on the golf course playing at least 18 every Saturday. Every Wednesday I am at the range where they have a pretty large short game area where one can practice pitching, chips, and putts. If chosen, I will play my round late in the day so that the course is more vacant, so I can give the ball plenty of course time. During the course time, I will test this against my existing ball, the Z Star. During my range sessions, I will put the ball through the paces in the short game area. (Pitching, Chipping, Putting) I am fairly active on the forums. I visit them at least twice a day and enjoy the interactive part of the community.

Thanks THP and Bridgestone for allowing folks to be a part the testing.

1. What ball do you currently play?

B330 RX

2. What is your driver swing speed?

100-104

3. What do you look for in your golf ball?

A very consistent ball from tee to green. Also, durable. I hate nothing more than to play a ball for a couple holes and feel like I need to replace it.

4. Have you gone through a Bridgestone fitting or B-Fit and what are your thoughts?

I have a few times. I was skeptical the first time I did it. so, I waited about a month and did it again, with a different fitter and got the same result. After that, I was a believer.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?

I have been interested to see the difference in an RX and an RXS, so when this opportunity came up I figured this is a perfect time to get to see the differences first hand.

I can't wait to hear how the dual dimples perform on these premium balls!

Back