rkangrah

Reaction score
Handicap
Guys, Im interested in playing with Titleist 909 D3 and 910 D3. They look good at address. But my question are they forgiving enough for me, a 18 handicap? My swing is not fast (about 90 Mph) and I usually have a low ball flight with a 10.5 degree. To describe my golf swing is Average and I'm not a very good ball striker.

I am swinging a 910D2, so I can't say I have a recommendation for the D3 model. That being said, I would hit the D2 first (if you haven't already) because the extra forgiveness in that model may come in handy. I love my D2 and I am not payed by Titleist to say, it is the best driver I have ever hit and you would be making a wise decision to go with it.

Go through a fitting and you will know what to buy.

But spontaneously I think the 460cc version should probably work better (not that it has to be true) because of the extra forgiveness.

Tappin' for world peace!

You might want to do a quick search on this. There are some threads that are LOADED with information on both the drivers you are looking at. Rather than have people post it again, that might give you all the info you need.

Don't worry about brand. Go get fitted and buy what works for you regardless of make/model.

You could play one but I would look at the 12* 910 given your swing speed and reported trajectory.

Guys, Im interested in playing with Titleist 909 D3 and 910 D3. They look good at address. But my question are they forgiving enough for me, a 18 handicap? My swing is not fast (about 90 Mph) and I usually have a low ball flight with a 10.5 degree. To describe my golf swing is Average and I'm not a very good ball striker.

if you are looking at forgiveness, the D2 will be more forgiving than the D3...search for the D2 and D3 thread, a ton of info in there

Check out the 910 D2. Best driver I've ever had.

Ok guys, I'm looking for a classic pear shape driver. Which one is the most forgiving?
Titleist 905R
Titleist 909D3
Titleist 910D3

You might want to do a quick search on this. There are some threads that are LOADED with information on both the drivers you are looking at. Rather than have people post it again, that might give you all the info you need.

These answers are 'outdated'. He needs new, fresh answers.

Ok guys, I'm looking for a classic pear shape driver. Which one is the most forgiving?
Titleist 905R
Titleist 909D3
Titleist 910D3

Check the outdated threads if you want news on outdated equipment, buddy.

Stop complaining.... what's your problem anyway? you have to read my post? Stop wasting my time and yours by posting to this thread....

Titleist 905R
Titleist 909D3
Titleist 910D3

Personally, I think the 910 is the most forgiving of that short list, although I dont think any of them are all that forgiving. As I mentioned there are huge threads on this that have all of these questions answered. Tons of great info, give them a look when you get a chance. People wrote up great reviews filled with pics, videos, and testing thoughts.

There is NO need for this at all.

Personally, I think the 910 is the most forgiving of that short list, although I dont think any of them are all that forgiving. As I mentioned there are huge threads on this that have all of these questions answered. Tons of great info, give them a look when you get a chance. People wrote up great reviews filled with pics, videos, and testing thoughts.

Yeah I already read them. Skim them real quick..... Still need opinion from people who have tried those 3 drivers.

You're going to get many different answers. That's the beauty of a public forum. That said, JB's right - the 910 is going to be the most forgiving of the three. However, I have only hit the 909 and the 910. The 910, IMO, will hang with any driver on the market when it comes to distance. But, when you factor in forgiveness, there are more forgiving drivers out there.

Yeah I already read them. Skim them real quick..... Still need opinion from people who have tried those 3 drivers.
Have not swung the 905, but recently moved from the 909D3 to the 910D3, and I'm not looking back. Much more forgiving, IMO. As for D2 v. D3, I think the difference in forgiveness is really a small matter of degrees, probably barely nonticeable to most.

Have not swung the 905, but recently moved from the 909D3 to the 910D3, and I'm not looking back. Much more forgiving, IMO. As for D2 v. D3, I think the difference in forgiveness is really a small matter of degrees, probably barely nonticeable to most.

Thanks! I wouldn't know about the forgiveness of 910 until I try it. I really like how the 910 d3 looks. That's a good start.

If you're looking for forgiveness the D2 is what you want(although I have never put them head to head) but I can tell you mine is very forgivable as I have not had any problems with my D2 off the tee.

2010_US_610_logo
Longer Distance with More ControlLearn More

2010_US_611_logo
Longer Distance With Low SpinLearn More
MSRP
$449$449
Core Features

• Total Performance
  • SureFit™ Tour Hosel Technology
  • Longer, More Control
  • Mid/High Launch with Mid/Low Spin
  • Increased Forgiveness
  • Traditional Looks
  • Improved Sound and Feel
  • Total Performance
  • SureFit™ Tour Hosel Technology
  • Longer, More Control
  • Medium Launch with Mid/Low Spin
  • Increased Workability
  • Traditional Looks
  • Improved Sound and Feel

This comparison is straight from their site, I know it's not much help but atleast it'll give you a better idea of what you're looking at.

To describe my golf swing is Average and I'm not a very good ball striker.
For that very reason Id look at something other than Titleist. Titleist is a brand for skilled players and when it comes to forgiveness they arent the best brand there is.

For that very reason Id look at something other than Titleist. Titleist is a brand for skilled players and when it comes to forgiveness they arent the best brand there is.

THis is completely false. They make hybrids. They make clubs that are quite forgiving (AP1) and while I think there are other brands that offer more and better in each category, saying the brand is for "skilled players" is just not correct.

Back