New from Chandler AZ

Whatsup fellas...

35 years old. Grew up playing as a kid, used to play a lot in my teens and early 20s but then my business and life in general got in the way. Long story short, just back to AZ last year after moving to TX for 12 years and missed being in the desert.

I've recommitted to golf, always missed playing and intended to get going again, just never found the time. Well, going from rural TX with not too many places to play to PHX provides tons of opportunity. Was looking through google maps to find pro shops, golf courses and golf stores near me with great results. Turns out, I have 3 or 4 decent to nice courses w/in 7 or 8 miles of me, I have a PGA SS w/in 7 miles and the closest course is 1.5 miles away and is pretty nice to.

Have always wanted to get my 10 year old son involved and just haven't had the chance. He's swung around some and has a Jr set and loves the idea. Well, we have him joined into a kids weekly academy starting Saturday. Runs year long, every Saturday and he's excited. So, he'll go on Saturday, then on Sunday we'll go together to the range nearby at the nice course.

I have joined PGA SS with the plus membership last week and have already made it twice this week for 45 minute practices. Love the simulated displays. Last few years, I've fought a slice and kept thinking it was an outside-in thing, two sessions on that have shown me tons of side spin due to an open face; a little grip change and bam, done. I still have to get my grip repeatable but I'm psyched to be able to hit the PGA SS booths any time I want, no charge and be super close. I feel my game is going to get ramped up quick this way, although I've already found it hard to not 'play' the monitor, luckily that range is less than 2 miles so I can change it up some.

Also, found the TEE XCG 3w 13* I've been wanting in the PGA SS pre-owned section for $89 then 15% off due to the membership purchase. Picked it up as soon as I saw it and ran. Haven't hit it much but I can tell how nice it is in just a few sessions with it.

I want to add that getting the PGA SS plus membership got me 15% anything I wanted the day I got it. It also got me a $50 gift card, so that automatically takes the membership to $50, then I saved $13 on the club, so I'm at $37. Count in free labor on regrips/reshafting and free unlimited booth usage. It easily pays for itself like the first week.

I've been creeping around here for several weeks, looking at the swingbyte reviews, TEE reviews, even some 'outside-in' and 'slice' tips. I hope to maybe make a quick vid here soon after i loosen up some and throw it up in the pros section to see what other easy mistakes I'm making.

Oh yea, I'm hitting Ping i3 blades with a forged callaway 56 and 60 degree wedge pair. I have an older callaway driver that I've donated to my dad. i'm redoing my entire woods setup but over time as my swing develops and I play better. My first step that way was the TEE 3w. That's probably all I'll tee for awhile. I am an iron hitter so I naturally will go to long irons rather than higher lofted fairway woods. I think the irons, which I love and this 3w are going to work well for me for a bit. Wouldn't mind a TEE driver if it's as good as the 3w but I honestly say mentally, i don't like looking at the huge drivers.

I'm thinking about getting the swingbyte but I think it might just be too much right now. Between getting back going, the monitors at PGA SS, I'm not sure I need more data to interpret at the moment.

Anyways, that's about as long as a college essay but it says, "tell us about yourself"... :comp:

Later,
Scott

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard!

Back