itsbwalt

Reaction score
Handicap
Okay I'm not from Oz, but I am from Kansas! Kansas City area to be a bit more exact. Just wanted to introduce myself as I will probably become quite active on here :) My name is Bret and I've been golfing since I was about 9 years old, I am now 24. I've always been around a 16-18 handicap but as I am getting older I find more enjoyment in the game so I decided to start taking some lessons. Had been completely self taught until this summer.

Took a few lessons from a local practice facility and was hitting the ball better than ever. Shot my first 41 on 9 holes after a couple lessons with a pro. I ended up taking about 4 lessons from him but as I watched my swing on camera I couldnt help but think "My swing is ugly" even though I was hitting the ball, I didnt have a long smooth swing, I didn't hinge the club like I had seen the pros do. I just took the club straight back, keeping the face square the whole time and wapped the ball! My grip was SUPER strong and I was hitting a great draw...the only problem was it was ugly and pretty inconsistent and as dumb as it sounds I just felt like I was getting bandaided. "Oh hitting a slice? Lets crank your grip wayyyy this way".

I've had a bad habit of quitting things when I am not amazing at them, so as somewhat of a test to myself to prove I wasn't a quitter and could become a good golfer I signed up for GolfTec. Started from scratch. Erased my old swing and have been rebuilding it from the ground up. So far its going really well, but haven't got to learn to release correctly. I now have lag and a great address and takeaway, backswing and transition. Feels really good and fluid. So can't wait to get it all put together.

Anyways thats my golf story. Personal things, I am a 3D Artist / Motion Designer as my day job (yea its pretty badass), besides golfing I love, cars, guitar, video games, reading, shooting guns (trap/skeet/tactical handguns etc), watching sports (GO CHIEFS!) and lots of other nerdy things haha. I'm pretty chill and laid back...is this turning into an online dating profile??

Well...I'm glad to be here and hopefully I can contribute to some good conversation!

Welcome to :thp:
There's a pretty cool event coming to the midwest, Des Moines to be exact. You should check it out.

Welcome to :thp: you should join us in des Moines

Welcome to the Forum!!!

Welcome

Welcome to THP!!

There is an awesome event in Des Moines coming up in a few weeks and some guys from Kansas City driving up for it. Check out the Des Moines Tour Van Event: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?33342-THP-Tour-Van-Event-Des-Moines-IA/page81

Need a lift? Seriously an offer. I will be flying in from Denver on Thursday and heading up Friday morning for a early round with a few THPr's. Coming back Sunday after golf and whatnot.

Welcome to THP Bret! I'm originally from the KC area, Kearney to be exact and even though it's been since 1969...GO CHIEFS.

Welcome to THP, Brett. Always nice to see another Chiefs fan!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! Where about in KC are you?

Welcome to the forum Bret! These guys aren't kidding about the offers for rides, etc.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP Brett , Glad to have ya' !

Welcome aboard Bret, glad you decided to join in.

Welcome aboard.

Welcome

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Back