Odyssey Introduces Premium Line of ProType Black Putters

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THIS IS A PRESS RELEASE

ODYSSEY INTRODUCES PREMIUM LINE OF PROTYPE BLACK PUTTERS

1025 Carbon Steel Milled Putters Offer Stealth Look, Unmatched Feel in Tour-Proven Models

CARLSBAD, Calif., August 29, 2012 – Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) today introduced the new Odyssey® ProType Black™ line of milled, carbon steel putters at the Company’s national sales meeting, taking place north of San Diego. Crafted for the best players in the world by Odyssey’s award-winning design team, the ProType Black line features heads with a black PVD finish, black powder coat steel shafts, and a black,seamless grip giving the premium collection a distinctively stealth look. The 1025 Carbon Steel designs incorporate feedback from hundreds of Tour professionals around the world and offer an unprecedented integration of look, sound and feel from the #1 Putter in Golf®.

Odyssey’s ProType Black putters will debut in three head shapes, each of which has delivered trophy and jacket-winning results on the professional tours. The putters are made from 1025 Carbon Steel, producing similar performance characteristics to stainless steel, but with a softer feel. The face of each putter features a deep, sharp milling pattern designed to increase interaction between the face and the ball for better feel, a truer roll and increased consistency.

“Our new ProType Black putters may be the coolest, most premium designs we’ve ever developed, and it was great to see the enthusiasm of our sales force when they were unveiled,” said Austie Rollinson, Odyssey’s Principal Designer. “The ProType Black line is born from feedback given by the world’s best players, which yielded features such as thinner top lines and thicker faces, and the forged-milled 1025 Carbon Steel offers a uniquely soft feel and the crisp feedback that golfers have come to expect from our ProType series. The midnight black finish and black powder coat shafts combine to give golfers a cool look that is becoming increasingly popular across a number of industries.”

Odyssey is the #1 Putter across the world’s major professional tours in wins, usage and top-10 finishes. The ProType Black line will arrive at retail on October 12 in three models, #2, #9 and 2-Ball. The new product introduction retail price for the blade models is $269 and $299 for the 2-Ball.

For more information about Odyssey putters, follow the #1 Putter in Golf on Facebook at www.facebook.com/odysseygolf, or visit the Company’s website: www.odysseygolf.com.

ProType-BS-2-L.jpg

ProType-BS-9-L.jpg

Pretty darn nice looking! Really like how slick that line is from the head to the shaft on the #9. Might we see a few of these in use during the 2013 Morgan Cup?!?! :D

• Staff
Black power coat shaft sounds pretty cool to me.

man those are good looking! if they make a mallet one I might have to switch putters again haha

That is one area that stood out for me too Hawk. The black shaft should look intriguing.

Badass looking! Too bad none of those heads interest me any though.

Oh that's nice. With the black shaft, these will look like weapons on the green!

Wondered when Odyssey would bring a new, 'premium' line out. This makes sense. They have the designs and the results to back up the price tag of a premium putter. I just wonder how many will opt for these over the less expensive version with the same shape of head?

LOVE the Protype line! I may go for a #2 in black, I'm sure they will look sharp!

I thought you were a #9 guy?

I love #9's but I putt terrible with them. Ive given up trying to make it work, like a super hot gf that is nothing but eye candy. Had to move on.

I love #9's but I putt terrible with them. Ive given up trying to make it work, like a super hot gf that is nothing but eye candy. Had to move on.

Im the same way unfortunately. I think the Odyssey #9 is one of the finest looking putters out there, but heck, from their line I putt better with a #7.

Wow these do look good. I remember seeing Ingolfer's Odyssey milled putter at the MC and it look amazing. I love the blacked out look. I wonder if they have black grips on them too?

That number 9 Is sexy. Hope some staffers roll that thing

The black finish looks quite nice, and the black shaft should pair with it well.

The #9 looks phenomenal, if only I could actually make a putt with it.

Damn that number #9 is one SEXY looking putter. Callaway is bringing it big time and if this is the start can only imagine what they will be bringing with the 2013 line!

Nothing wrong with those designs! Can someone tell me what PVD is?

Nothing wrong with those designs! Can someone tell me what PVD is?

Sure.
It stands for physical vapor deposition.
In simple terms its a process that creates a very durable finish that is resistant to tarnishing.

Looks like I will be saving my pennies for one of those #9's.....

#2 all day long, with the black shaft...me likey

Wow these do look good. I remember seeing Ingolfer's Odyssey milled putter at the MC and it look amazing. I love the blacked out look. I wonder if they have black grips on them too?

They will have black grips, from that first paragraph: the ProType Black line features heads with a black PVD finish, black powder coat steel shafts, and a black, seamless grip giving the premium collection a distinctively stealth look

Man those look Beautiful! 2013 Callaway selection is going to be fantastic, I just got a feeling.

I want one. I think that black shaft would look absolutely sick coupled with the black head. At $269, the price is right too.

Sure.
It stands for physical vapor deposition.
In simple terms its a process that creates a very durable finish that is resistant to tarnishing.

Thank you sir, sounds like the luster and finish may stay in place with this process.

Back