Sweating problems?

achase215

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
Does anyone else have this issue or know of possible solutions? I can be sitting still or driving and I sweat like a ***** in church! I just picked up some Gillete Clinical today to try that just at my wits end with sweating through my under shirt and looking silly in dress shirts!

I'm a "sweater" by nature but I used to have it bad like you described. I think it was an anxiety issue and thankfully it calmed down. See what your doc says.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

You can be prescribed an item called Dry Sol. It works increedibly well. Just tell your doctor you want to try it and ask him/her to prescribe the one with the applicator tip. Also, do not let them give you the generic version, specify that with the pharmacist, because it does not work even close to as well. Hope this helps.

Although I am not implying that you are unhygienic, showering 3 times per day helps a lot.

Although I am not implying that you are unhygienic, showering 3 times per day helps a lot.

It's a body chemistry issue buddy. It sucks, I know because I went through it, and no matter how many times I showered it would not stop. I would actually be freezing in the middle of winter, go somewhere, take my coat off, and I would be sweating through my t-shirt and shirt, while still being cold.

Thankfully, I don't sweat.

hahaha, if only that were true. I sweat profusely as well, and just sorta roll with it, deoderant hasn't really helped.

My friend got botox on his underarms, worked magic for him

Over washing is actually bad for you. There are natural bacteria on your skin that you need to keep your skin from drying out and it also keeps the bad bacteria out

Nope, you Hawksweat!!!

hahaha, if only that were true. I sweat profusely as well, and just sorta roll with it, deoderant hasn't really helped.

My friend got botox on his underarms, worked magic for him

I am telling you, Dry Sol is the way to go.

So am I and I'm going to look into this Dry Sol stuff Yorkem is talkig about

I'm a "sweater" by nature but I used to have it bad like you described. I think it was an anxiety issue and thankfully it calmed down. See what your doc says.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

It's a body chemistry issue buddy. It sucks, I know because I went through it, and no matter how many times I showered it would not stop. I would actually be freezing in the middle of winter, go somewhere, take my coat off, and I would be sweating through my t-shirt and shirt, while still being cold.

I've always been pretty much the same way, though it has gone away a bit as I've gotten older. I just kind of roll with it. It was more embarrassing when I was younger and was more concerned about what other people think.

I'll have to give the Dry Sol a shot.

So am I and I'm going to look into this Dry Sol stuff Yorkem is talkig about

Just to give you an example that you will understand, while I was sweating through my shirt at TMC, my underarms actually stayed completely dry. That is how good this stuff works.

Showering will not help at all in the amount of perspiration.

People perspire due to several factors....ambient temperature, exercise, alcohol, caffeine, emotional stressors, and most of all, the amount of sweat glands your are born with. These are not the only factors, but just a short list.
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition in which a person sweats excessively and unpredictably. People with hyperhidrosis may sweat even when the temperature is cool or when they are at rest.

A treatment that is growing in popularity for excessive underarm perspiration is Botox injections. If the Dry Sol doesn't work for you, maybe you can discuss the Botox option with your doctor.

I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn once.

People perspire due to several factors....ambient temperature, exercise, alcohol, caffeine, emotional stressors, and most of all, the amount of sweat glands your are born with. These are not the only factors, but just a short list.
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition in which a person sweats excessively and unpredictably. People with hyperhidrosis may sweat even when the temperature is cool or when they are at rest.

A treatment that is growing in popularity for excessive underarm perspiration is Botox injections. If the Dry Sol doesn't work for you, maybe you can discuss the Botox option with your doctor.

lmao!

My feet must sweat because my casual sandals have started to smell like a vinegar jar. I remember getting them wet in the rain the other day and now they have a strong odor. I bought some odor spray that is suppose to absorb the smell of the sandals. I sure hope so as these were on the pricey side and I have only had them a few months.

I have never sweated. I do, however, perspire. A lot. But not under my arms, which I have always thought was weird. I walked 18 tournaments in high heat this Summer following Gracie, and I can soak a performance shirt, front and back, but not in the underarms. Or in the rear end area. I have never Garigussed.

My head is really perspirey. My buddies used to call me Rain Man, before the movie came out, because my head would get so wet.

Kevin

I have never sweated. I do, however, perspire. A lot. But not under my arms, which I have always thought was weird. I walked 18 tournaments in high heat this Summer following Gracie, and I can soak a performance shirt, front and back, but not in the underarms. Or in the rear end area. I have never Garigussed.

My head is really perspirey. My buddies used to call me Rain Man, before the movie came out, because my head would get so wet.

Kevin

My head perspires a lot too, unfortunately, I don't have any hair to absorb it so it just runs.

If you have a serious problem and don't want the botox they can remove sweat glands to help with feet and under arm sweating.

Also, as mentioned above caffeine and nicotine can cause excessive sweating.

I had a problem with profuse sweating when I was in HS. Although I never felt nervous or anything, it was related to anxiety, hypertension. The result left me very self-conscious.

For me, Mitchum cream did the trick. I applied it at night after a shower before bed. Sealed off the sweat glands, probably a lot like Dry Sol.

Once the pits stopped sweating, my fixation over it ended just as abruptly and the condition disappeared within weeks.

I still sweat a lot as I overheat easily but the underarms are always dry. Just use regular anti-persperant/deodorant now for years.

Which leads me to why I love the moisture wicking fabrics of today. As much as they cool, they hide too.

I don't sweat but just hired a guy that we call the sweater - an absolute cold calling machine, would never let him infront of a prospect but on the phone he is a beast. I'm going to put a mister system in his cubicle to call him off if he keeps sweating at this pace.

I sweat on the course since I live in Texas, where it's in the 90s to the 100s every day for about 4-5 months a year. At least, though, I don't sweat from my hands so my grip isn't affected. My part of Texas (Sugar Land/ Houston) is typically really humid, unlike the Dallas area or points west that have really low humidity. People in high heat/low humidity areas do sweat but since it evaporates quickly it's not quite as noticeable. I love desert golf and have played a lot in Palm Springs and the Phoenix area., so when I'm there and it's 100 degrees plus I know that I'm dehydrating but don't feel myself sweat. I just need to remind myself to keep hydrating to make up for what I've lost.

Has anybody seen the Morgan Cup videos.....LOL....my shirts were drenched at the end of the day everyday...I can break a sweat sitting still in the shade..LOL

And I am like ESOX...it's not really under my arms...but everywhere else and yes I hawksweat too

This problem has started with me and just recently. Within the last couple of months. I can be sitting in the AC, in front of the fan as well, doing nothing, and I will be sweating like the Feds are after me. Kelly bought me some Degree Clinical and it was a waste of money. I have no idea what the deal is, because like I said, I have never had this problem before. If I am out on the course, I am sweating, but nothing like I am when I am at home, driving in the car, whatever. It's very odd. I see caffeine and nicotine have been suggested as problems. That is probably my problem, because I smoke like a chimney, and if I don't have a coffee in my hand, I have a Pepsi.

Glad to see im not the only one that sweats like crazy on the course. Ive tried everything to cut down the sweating but nothing has worked. For me humidity plays a huge factor in how bad I sweat. I walked 18 yesterday when the humidity was above 50%, when I got finished it looked like I took a dive in one of the lakes on the course with my clothes on. Lol

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

When was in constant struggle with my weight, I was a sweater and I mean I sweated!!! I would sweat so bad that I would have cramps at night in my legs and couldn't sleep. Now that I am down over 100 lbs., I still sweat but not nearly as much! The odd thing about the sweating now......its my legs basically from my knees down. We gave physicals at school yesterday and I had to all the height/weight for the players. I took a break and went to the office and my pants were wet from sweat only around my knees and down my leg. Weird!!!

Back