Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the guy's team wins. It's a team sport, I think. But yes. Like I said, I like him and it's a cool story. Ivy League ftw. I just don't deify him like others. If he keeps this up for a while and brings down the turnovers a slight bit, I will most certainly deify him. He reminds me of me, draining 3's and such. :D

But the Knicks weren't winning before him. I thought you were a smart kid?

Somethings confuse me. James wins "despite Dwayne Wade" according to you recently and this guy wins and its a team sport. Makes sense though, based on a few others I guess.

Well the guy's team wins. It's a team sport, I think. But yes. Like I said, I like him and it's a cool story. Ivy League ftw. I just don't deify him like others. If he keeps this up for a while and brings down the turnovers a slight bit, I will most certainly deify him. He reminds me of me, draining 3's and such. :D

Like the announcers just discussed, you can live with the turnovers when you're winning. And he helps you win. It's a team sport but one where an individual can make a huge impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Lin obviously helps his team win more than others. A lot more, in fact. I just don't like the phrase "He wins" in a team sport. But I'm not denying that Lin helps his team win more than others.

Somethings confuse me. James wins "despite Dwayne Wade" according to you recently and this guy wins and its a team sport. Makes sense though, based on a few others I guess.

Repped.

Wtc? I'm sticking to Philsanity and golf threads.

Wtc? I'm sticking to Philsanity and golf threads.

This thread is fun though. I've almost gotten to the point I like reading more than posting.

Yes, Lin obviously helps his team win more than others. A lot more, in fact. I just don't like the phrase "He wins" in a team sport. But I'm not denying that Lin helps his team win more than others.

Since you don't like the "He wins" stuff you should like how much he talks about his team and talks up his teammates. I think you just spark the Lin defense because it seems very haterish to constantly harp on the one area where he obviously needs improvement.

Since you don't like the "He wins" stuff you should like how much he talks about his team and talks up his teammates. I think you just spark the Lin defense because it seems very haterish to constantly harp on the one area where he obviously needs improvement.

Yeah, I just do it because everyone else makes him into a god. That's just who I am. But again, I like Lin. He is good. Very good. I hope he keeps it up for the rest of his career. That'd be sweet. And I generally like the way Lin conducts himself off the court, trying to deflect the spotlight and such.

That turnaround jumper by Wade has to be one of the toughest jump shots in the game. And to think people were saying the Heat are better without him, that's a joke.

That turnaround jumper by Wade has to be one of the toughest jump shots in the game. And to think people were saying the Heat are better without him, that's a joke.

Yeah, I said that. :D And I was going by record. I think they're 9-1 without him this season. A reasonable sample size. They just win more without him. But he's a beast. He makes some things that are difficult for everyone else look so easy. Sometimes I try them in my driveway. Lol.

Right after that unstoppable fade away by Dirk.

Holy cow, Lebron was just covering Dwight Howard. And doing a pretty good job too. Interesting strategy. Where's Joel Anthony?

Holy cow, Lebron was just covering Dwight Howard. And doing a pretty good job too. Interesting strategy. Where's Joel Anthony?

Lebron is so good he can cover anyone.

haha add Dirk to that FIFY no one can stop the dirk diggler fade away

True. And Van Gundy just said something that I think is 1000000% correct so I'll point it out. He said take away LeBron OR Wade and the Heat would easily be a 60 win team. If Bosh was the second best player on the team they would be much better. And I agree. Heck, they've shown it this year.

JR Smith is back for the Knicks! 33.3% from downtown for 15 off the bench. I liked this guy back when he was on the Nuggets but I think his success will be limited with the Knicks.

True. And Van Gundy just said something that I think is 1000000% correct so I'll point it out. He said take away LeBron OR Wade and the Heat would easily be a 60 win team. If Bosh was the second best player on the team they would be much better. And I agree. Heck, they've shown it this year.

Erm, I think what he said and what you're interpreting he said are 2 different things. I absolutely disagree with you that thats what he meant. I took it as him simply stating that Bosh was indeed an all-star, and even without James or Wade, they'd still be a great team. In no way did I take it as him saying they'd be a better team if one of them was gone. Unless I completely missed something and my ears are failing me.

Erm, I think what he said and what you're interpreting he said are 2 different things. I absolutely disagree with you that thats what he meant. I took it as him simply stating that Bosh was indeed an all-star, and even without James or Wade, they'd still be a great team. In no way did I take it as him saying they'd be a better team if one of them was gone. Unless I completely missed something and my ears are failing me.

I dunno. That's how I took it. I may be wrong though. Did they get 60 wins last year? Eh, whatever.

Van Gundy also said last year's Heat team would beat the Bulls' 72 single season wins record. I don't pay much attention to what he says. I bet he's still bitter his brother was fired from the 05-06 championship team.

Van Gundy also said last year's Heat team would beat the Bulls' 72 single season wins record. I don't pay much attention to what he says. I bet he's still bitter his brother was fired from the 05-06 championship team.

Hahaha probably. He's pretty crazy. But he's funny sometimes and I think he says some pretty smart things occasionally. Very rare occurances, but they happen.

Wow, the Thunder went HAM tonight. Durant for 51, Westbrook scored 49, and Ibaka with a triple-double with blocks! Those 3 combined shot 64%. It was a fantastic game. I could make a joke right here but I'll refrain.

Wow, the Thunder went HAM tonight. Durant for 51, Westbrook scored 49, and Ibaka with a triple-double with blocks! Those 3 combined shot 64%. It was a fantastic game. I could make a joke right here but I'll refrain.

Yea that was crazy! Some seriously efficient scoring out there...good stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back