How long to get back to where you were when changing swing drastically

tjam

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been playing a couple of months and decided that it would be a good idea to get a lesson to find out the right way to swing, grip etc. It was really really useful and I have improved my posture, swing, grip to a much better technique that should allow me to build a good foundation and progress from.

But when you make big changes inevitably you don't hit as well as with your worse technique that you were used to. I know that it is better to persist with the proper technique as I know it will build a much better foundation that will enable me to progress much better long term, especially given that I've only been playing a couple of months I should be able to rid myself of my bad habits. But how long does it normally take to really get those new techniques built in and natural to improve your game?

A week and a half with consistent practice.
I have been playing a couple of months and decided that it would be a good idea to get a lesson to find out the right way to swing, grip etc. It was really really useful and I have improved my posture, swing, grip to a much better technique that should allow me to build a good foundation and progress from.

But when you make big changes inevitably you don't hit as well as with your worse technique that you were used to. I know that it is better to persist with the proper technique as I know it will build a much better foundation that will enable me to progress much better long term, especially given that I've only been playing a couple of months I should be able to rid myself of my bad habits. But how long does it normally take to really get those new techniques built in and natural to improve your game?

But how long does it normally take to really get those new techniques built in and natural to improve your game?
Depending on the type of changes it depends. Grip and stance, not very long; a couple of weeks maybe. Complete swing from take away to follow through; years.

Back