Tempo...Tempo...Tempo

TMElectric

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
These 3 little words can cost me lots of strokes. When I swing nice and smooth, I shoot low scores. When I rush my swing, the sky is the limit. I need a good exercise that will help me with my tempo. I know to slow my swing, I just can't do it at times. Worse yet, there are times I am not aware of swinging fast but then strangers are telling me to slow my swing.

I know the Orange Whip can help and I do have one. Is there any other tricks, exercises, or prayers that will help?

I agree with this 100% When I have bad tempo off the tee...bad things occur

man, I love my speed sleeve still. But, it will be similar to the Orange whip

I have a piece of tape on my push cart that says S.L.A.G.

Swing Like A Girl is my swing thought that treats me well most of the time......no offense to the ladies intended.

Tour Tempo?

I forgot who the pro is that demonstrated tempo awhile back on Golf Channel but the way they did it has stuck with me.

Make three swings, nonstop. I mean don't stop at address or anything, just continually swing. The tempo on the 3rd swing will be your tempo. Ever since seeing this I've started my range sessions, or if I switch from irons to woods with this little practice swing. Give it a try and see what you think.

I have the same problem. I put a "T" on my glove that I look at every time at address when making sure my grip is correct. It works for me.

I forgot who the pro is that demonstrated tempo awhile back on Golf Channel but the way they did it has stuck with me.

Make three swings, nonstop. I mean don't stop at address or anything, just continually swing. The tempo on the 3rd swing will be your tempo. Ever since seeing this I've started my range sessions, or if I switch from irons to woods with this little practice swing. Give it a try and see what you think.

I like that idea Danny....I am going to try that next time I go out.

Danny beat me to it. That is a great drill. I also turn the club around and swing the butt or handle. You're looking for that swoosh sound all while keeping your balance at the finish

These 3 little words can cost me lots of strokes. When I swing nice and smooth, I shoot low scores. When I rush my swing, the sky is the limit. I need a good exercise that will help me with my tempo. I know to slow my swing, I just can't do it at times. Worse yet, there are times I am not aware of swinging fast but then strangers are telling me to slow my swing.

I know the Orange Whip can help and I do have one. Is there any other tricks, exercises, or prayers that will help?
Check out the book Tour Tempo http://www.tourtempo.com/ it is packed full of tips and ideas.

Thank you, I will definately try this.

I have a piece of tape on my push cart that says S.L.A.G.

Swing Like A Girl is my swing thought that treats me well most of the time......no offense to the ladies intended.

On my glove in Des Moines I wrote SYSD. "Slow Your Sh_t Down". It worked when others were watching.

Back