The Official Tiger Woods Thread

pfft! It's starting to come together for him. I see it. He's striking the ball great, when he doesn't use driver, and he's hitting them kind of close with his wedges, and he's putting the ball forward.

That just made me absolutely cackle.

I'll never turn on him no matter what he does. He is the reason I started playing golf so he will always have a spot in my love of everything golf.

I can respect that. I wonder if that applies to all Tiger fans. I see Daimakis said in the Honda thread that he doesn't want to watch him.

That just made me absolutely cackle.

Me too.

Kevin

Im not sure I agree with this because you are assuming those things dont exist. I can tell you that its not the case as much as someone can say it is. He does have close friends. He does hang out with his buddies. You can see him around town with his friends laughing and having a good time. To assume its only because of money, I am not sure is fair or accurate because his friends have money too.

By all accounts he is very good friends with Notah Begay III since their Stanford days. NB3 has a charity event every year here in NY at the Turning Stone resort. I don't think it has much of an appearance fee if it has one at all, but Tiger shows up to play it.

I can respect that. I wonder if that applies to all Tiger fans. I see Daimakis said in the Honda thread that he doesn't want to watch him.
Me too.
Kevin

It is hard seeing him play right now because I want him to do well but I cant avoid watching him because you never know what he might do given what he has done in the past. I still think he is an amazing ball striker but what he is doing around the greens right now is embarrassing for a tour pro let alone "The Tiger Woods".

I see Tiger played poorly again today. I wonder how long before his fans start turning on him? If it's three years from now and he's won like two events and is 20-30th on the money list, will his fans stick by him?

Kevin

I'd say he putted poorly 10/14 fairway, 15/18 green and 34 putts. Those of us the like him and root for him will do so three years from now. But that doesn't mean I won't root for others.
I will say this, I get tired of every time he plays it becomes a battle within a thread or threads. Its old and tired, as we have seen golf if bigger than one person why does so much focus fall on TW? I stayed away from thread when 4 guys started talking about what's wrong with him, really who cares.

People complain about watching TW hit every shot on TV, and theyre the first ones to talk about him on here. Its remarkable.
I'd say he putted poorly 10/14 fairway, 15/18 green and 34 putts. Those of us the like him and root for him will do so three years from now. But that doesn't mean I won't root for others.
I will say this, I get tired of every time he plays it becomes a battle within a thread or threads. Its old and tired, as we have seen golf if bigger than one person why does so much focus fall on TW? I stayed away from thread when 4 guys started talking about what's wrong with him, really who cares.

Ill like Tiger 20 years from now. Hes one of my heros and the reason I play this game.

B/c dozens and dozens of people come into those same forums and spew crap about how he's coming along, how he's improving, how he's going to return to dominance. That gets just as exhausting to me. Why do people feel the need to make excuses for the guy? His short game sucks. It doesn't take a genius or a golf coach to see that. I just wish that people could admit that he's average, and that with the way he's putting right now, he may never break any records. I understand your argument but I can make the same exact argument from my perspective about a LOT more people than 4.

B/c dozens and dozens of people come into those same forums and spew crap about how he's coming along, how he's improving, how he's going to return to dominance. That gets just as exhausting to me. Why do people feel the need to make excuses for the guy? His short game sucks. It doesn't take a genius or a golf coach to see that. I just wish that people could admit that he's average, and that with the way he's putting right now, he may never break any records. I understand your argument but I can make the same exact argument from my perspective about a LOT more people than 4.

I agree and the whole thing is exhausting. His short game is no where close to what it used to be. His ball striking seems solid enough but the TW of old is gone. I'm waiting to see the new form, maybe we have. Either way I'd love to banter about anything but TW all the time.

Kevin

You bet. He's boring me. He just looks so out of it. I like Tiger, but he'll never be back. I want to see him succeed because that would be fun (and I'm jealous that I missed his hayday when I was younger), but at this rate he won't succeed for a while.

I agree and the whole thing is exhausting. His short game is no where close to what it used to be. His ball striking seems solid enough but the TW of old is gone. I'm waiting to see the new form, maybe we have. Either way I'd love to banter about anything but TW all the time.

I'm all about talking about Lee Westwood. But ironically, you'll see far more than 4 people talk about the same things with him to. "He can't win a Major, he can't play on Sunday's".....blah blah blah. I only talk about Tiger b/c everyone else does. I'm a lot like damaikis to be honest, I would love to see badass fist pumping, lethal killer Tiger back, but I fear we'll never see that again. He's so robotic and so into his mechanics out there that he shows no emotion whatsoever. I guess I'd like to see him play with some feel or something. Fortunately, there's a ton of wicked golfers on Tour right now that I love watching.

I posted my comments about him in this thread today instead of cluttering up the "My guys got me 42 points today Honda thread,"

I'm going to be more considerate with my Tiger bashing. Maybe.

Kevin

I'm all about talking about Lee Westwood. But ironically, you'll see far more than 4 people talk about the same things with him to. "He can't win a Major, he can't play on Sunday's".....blah blah blah. I only talk about Tiger b/c everyone else does. I'm a lot like damaikis to be honest, I would love to see badass fist pumping, lethal killer Tiger back, but I fear we'll never see that again. He's so robotic and so into his mechanics out there that he shows no emotion whatsoever. I guess I'd like to see him play with some feel or something. Fortunately, there's a ton of wicked golfers on Tour right now that I love watching.

There are so many great stories on tour. My wish would be lee win a major, TW regain some swagger, Rors start winning a lot and PM reemerge as a world beater. All the other story lines will fall into place.
To have 20 guys week in and out trying to win would be great!

I want Tigger to win the Grand Slam and then stop. All I want for him is a little bit more dominance then that's it. I agree Freddie, I would love to see a plethora of different guys fighting constantly for the win (after Tigger wins his GS :D).

Just saw him on.cover of Golf Digest. How long has it been since was the cover boy?

TapAhoy!

So I just saw that TW pulled out of Doral. His statement that he felt tightness early.....this is what I am questioning. Why play at all? Why not pull out when you feel the tightness? All these injuries that keep pulling him back, what's the deal?

So I just saw that TW pulled out of Doral. His statement that he felt tightness early.....this is what I am questioning. Why play at all? Why not pull out when you feel the tightness? All these injuries that keep pulling him back, what's the deal?

I'm just saying that constant nagging injuries to joints and tendons are what happen to people after taking PED's. I'm no saying, I'm just saying.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he hurt himself during his "Navy Seal" training this morning!

I'm just saying that constant nagging injuries to joints and tendons are what happen to people after taking PED's. I'm no saying, I'm just saying.

I never wanted to believe think that but he went from superman to Mr. Glass.
He is either over doing the off the course training or he really has some serious issues. IDK but it's very odd

Probably thought it was just a tight leg and no big deal. Question is how bad was it when he finally said no mas? Still just a tight hamstring/achilles or did he sprain it?

As a Tiger fan - I'm happy he pulled out while itbwas just "tight". I hope he is going to be smart about it and get ready for Augusta.

But it sure does look super suspicious.

Look I'm far from a world class athlete and you know if you can go or not. If my back hurts I know if I can play. If my knee is throbbing I know not to push it. TW is a fine tuned athlete, he knew on the range. At least you would think he knew. I wonder if he pushed it so he would catch flack.
I hope it's not serious and it's juts a tweek

That's a tough one. On one hand, didn't like 25% of tour players say they thought he was juicing? On the other, even he doesn't have enough money to pay off everyone that would have known to keep them quiet.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

He didnt have enough money to keep is hunnies quiet.
That's a tough one. On one hand, didn't like 25% of tour players say they thought he was juicing? On the other, even he doesn't have enough money to pay off everyone that would have known to keep them quiet.

His group of close insiders that he trust is pretty small. Dont get me wrong I don't know if he did juice and I don't know anyone that has said he did. But the past two years are very odd for a finely tuned athlete. These seem to be ticky tack injuries.
I'm a fan and even predicted he was going to win 3 in a row, now I just hope he can win one.

He didnt have enough money to keep is hunnies quiet.

He kept the main one quiet. The rest just looked to get paid and failed

Back