Franklin51

On the Verge
Reaction score
Handicap
Ever noticed that most pros may have a Bridgestone, ATV, Jaws, etc for the gap and sand wedge but most have a Vokey lob? (see Brandt Snedekers bag) What is that? Is Vokey doing something on the lob most arent?

Ever noticed that most pros may have a Bridgestone, ATV, Jaws, etc for the gap and sand wedge but most have a Vokey lob? (see Brandt Snedekers bag) What is that? Is Vokey doing something on the lob most arent?

Actually I dont believe that is correct. Brandt, yes, but not sure I would say "most" at all.

I don't know what "most" counts as. Though I always do find it interesting when pros mix and match their wedges.

Snds isn't contracted to one brand. Taylormade driver, Bridgestone irons woods and balls, Vokey wedge, Odyssey putters

Well the real question is that is Vokey doing something with the lob others aint

Well the real question is that is Vokey doing something with the lob others aint

I dont understand the question. The facts behind the OP are not accurate, so it is hard to assess the general question. Sorry, wish I could help more.

Personally i'm not a fan of Vokey 60` I have had a Ping, 2 x Vokey and now use a Callaway forged. The vokey doesn't come anywhere close to the Cally in terms of versatility and set up

I don't understand either, each company does things a little different!

Wedges are so personal, it may be tough to point to one feature or one item. I prefer SCOR over my previous Vokey, but thats just me.

Personally i'm not a fan of Vokey 60` I have had a Ping, 2 x Vokey and now use a Callaway forged. The vokey doesn't come anywhere close to the Cally in terms of versatility and set up

me neither, I'm a huge fan of vokey gap and sand wedges but I'm very peculiar with my lob wedge, I love the feel of the vokeys, but I'd rather have the workability and versatility of the ATV.

Personally if you ask me, I will take a 588 any day over a vokey, but that's just me.

Pros seem pretty personal with their wedges. Seeing mixed brands isn't rare. And lofts are all over the place.

Back