Postman

Reaction score
Handicap
I see a lot of guys claiming to be new golfers that have played 2,3 hell even 5 years so question is when is the expiration date on their claims,basically what do you consider a new golfer.I have been golfing about 2 1/2 years and play maybe 6 times a month,am I a new golfer?

Im not sure I understand what you are asking?

Are you talking about people posting in the Check In desk? If so, a lot are saying they are "New" here, not technically "new" to golf.

New is a relative term. No point in putting a restriction on it, and I am not sure if it really matters?

I have been playing for about 5 years, and I am new compared to many people on this forum...

I think he means someone like myself. I've only been playing competitively for 2 years. I claim often that I'm still new because I don't understand course management, I don't know any of the things required to be polite during a round. At what point does the new thing end and I have to take ownership for those kind of things. That's the question I think.

I still felt like a newer golfer last year. I've played for far less time than most of my golfing friends.

how long is a baby still considered a "newborn" ?
how long is a new car still "new" ?
Are sneakers still new after you wore them ?
A rookie cop is "new" for two years concidered but a sports pro rookie is only new for one ??
Its all relevant question so the real answer is..... :confused2: there is none.

good one rollin....

Does it matter?

I would say people are new to the game until they become comfortable saying they are experienced with the game.

In the end though, I'm not sure why it matters if someone says they are new to the game or not.

I see a lot of guys claiming to be new golfers that have played 2,3 hell even 5 years so question is when is the expiration date on their claims,basically what do you consider a new golfer.I have been golfing about 2 1/2 years and play maybe 6 times a month,am I a new golfer?

It's relative. But when I meet guys who have played 30-40 years, I consider my self as new. And everybody else too.

I've been playing for three months, I'm new. Ill drop that title when I feel comfortable showing up somewhere knowing I have a good idea of the rules and etiquette expected of me. Posting a decent score won't hurt either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I agree with pretty much everyone else, but I would like more info on what spurred this question on. It feels like there should be another question after it.

Back