Votes: 91 46.0%
  • 4-6 - Best part of my game

Votes: 97 49.0%
  • 7-10 - This is the internet after all

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • 0 - Have you seen me putt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm in the 4-6 category. Now here is the sad part. Move me into the 4ish foot range and my number will probably drop. In tournament play anyways. The shorter ones come with far more pressure during my rounds and that's when I tend to get tight with the stroke.

it's hard to say because there are 10 ft. putts and then there are downhill, breaking 3 ft away from you knee knocking putts. If i'm playing my home course I'd like to think that i make close to 50% of them... now get me on a foreign course... probably less than 25%...:banghead:

I would say 4-6. I would not think that it is a really great number though because the half that are missed are usually really bad putts that have no chance of going in. For me... it is usually feast or famine

I kept this thread in mind while putting on the indoor green at the range earlier. I was definitely over 10ft and not from the same exact spot every time but I was still only holing 3 from every ten I rolled, if I was exact same position and a bit closer maybe add one or two more to that I think.

was that green perfectly flat?

1-3 for me. I figure I'm about 30-35% from that range no matter the putt.

Being able to hit them ten in a row, I might make 4-5. But realistically, many would be close, but only 3-4 in the hole.

Blair O'Neal tweeted this a few minutes ago....

"I like to see how many putts I can make in a row. I made 51 9-footers."

What a putter !

I voted 1 - 3, better putting is on my to-do list for 2014 but being a realist better than 30% of 10 footers would be tough for me at this point.

Tried it again after some warmup on the birdieball. 7/10 and 8/10. Son on course I would say 4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

when i am on a hot streak with the ben hogan 1415....7 out of 10....when not on a hot streak....5 out of 10

On the practice green, probably 4 out of 10 - maybe more if all 10 putts are from the exact same spot. During a round, 1 or 2 out of 10 putts from 10 feet. The average PGA Tour pro misses more than 75% from 10 feet, according to Pelz.

Practicing, probably 4-5 out of 10, on the course, and not one right after the other, probably 3.

THP #theking #imwithchad

On the practice green, probably 4 out of 10 - maybe more if all 10 putts are from the exact same spot. During a round, 1 or 2 out of 10 putts from 10 feet. The average PGA Tour pro misses more than 75% from 10 feet, according to Pelz.

I agree to a point. Actual round conditions are much tougher (I think of Ben Wallace in basketball - helluva defensive/rebounding F, who made every jump shot in pre-game warmups, but couldn't hit the floor in a game).

But the PGA stats are not just for straight, level putts. Some of the greens they play on are ungodly tough. It would be interesting to see what their % is from 10 feet on just straight, level putts. I'm sure it would be a lot higher.

I need to be better which is why I was killing to get into the SeeMore event this June. But I would say if I got to 50% I would be excited. I bet it's more like 30-40%.

I thing I have learned from this thread is that there a bunch of really good putters here that I wouldn't want to face in a Match Play situation. Lots of Ian Poulters here..

I thing I have learned from this thread is that there a bunch of really good putters here that I wouldn't want to face in a Match Play situation. Lots of Ian Poulters here..

On a straight 10 foot putt with no break that you get 10 chances at? I think people are selling themselves short. Compeletely different than a 10 footer on the golf course.

Not to mention a number of people actually did it and posted the results.

On a straight 10 foot putt with no break that you get 10 chances at? I think people are selling themselves short. Compeletely different than a 10 footer on the golf course.

Couldn't agree more. I can't think of many times when I had a perfectly straight putt, let alone straight and flat. Also, getting the line from the first few balls makes the last several much easier.

Not to mention a number of people actually did it and posted the results.

Couldn't agree more. I can't think of many times when I had a perfectly straight putt, let alone straight and flat. Also, getting the line from the first few balls makes the last several much easier.

I think different posters here are interpreting the scenario differently than how JB stated it. If it's 10 putts from the same 10-foot location on a flat green, the % will be much higher than people give themselves credit for.

And if not - you need to take an SPi lesson - even if you don't use a SeeMore!

I think different posters here are interpreting the scenario differently than how JB stated it. If it's 10 putts from the same 10-foot location on a flat green, the % will be much higher than people give themselves credit for.

And if not - you need to take an SPi lesson - even if you don't use a SeeMore!

That's how I took it.

I said 4-6....actually closer to 6 or 7 if it's a flat putt of decent speed.

Honestly the slower the putt the more likely I am to miss it...the harder you have to hit the putt the more chance you have to open or close the blade and pull or push the putt.

That's how I took it.

I took it as 10 different 10ft putts but all straight up hill like what you'd see while playing. I don't get the chance to drop 10 and go on the course, cause that would just be too easy to make adjustments.

I suppose though if you did drop 10 in the same spot, you could make it the same on course if you had to go through your whole routine for putting on each one.

I took it as 10 different 10ft putts but all straight up hill like what you'd see while playing. I don't get the chance to drop 10 and go on the course, cause that would just be too easy to make adjustments.

I suppose though if you did drop 10 in the same spot, you could make it the same on course if you had to go through your whole routine for putting on each one.

JB's OP...says you take a 10 foot flat putt with no break and line up 10 balls......so I took it to mean you are on the practice green with 10 balls hitting the same putt 10 times.

Back