2012: The Year of the Bear

Thegeneral451

King Linksbear
Reaction score
Handicap
Bad
Hello THP! Its the return of The General! I would like to apologize to all who have been weeping in my absence. Life got hectic and I lost contact with the site, it was very hard to be away.

Since I've been away alot has gone on. First off: France, Myself, and two friends went to Bandon Dunes Resort at the end of Feb. It was an absolute blast and has gotten me extremely excited about the 2012 Season!!!!! I will try to get pics and vids up on the weekend from this trip along with an in depth write up.

Second: A week before the trip I attended a Local Golf Expo. I entered the raffles and looked at new products. Overall it was a good time, but didn't purchase anything while I was there. I got a letter in the mail on Monday that my name was drawn from one of the raffles. I won a free 2012 Golf Membership to Pocono Farms Country Club!!!!! I am beyond blown away! http://www.poconofarms.com/sub_category_list.asp?category=15&title=Golf+Public

So this year is gonna be a great one, I can feel it in my Bones! We will have Buckjob defending his jacket, hopefully an appearance by MaryC, and just some great golf!

I hope everyone has a great 2012 and meets all the goals they set for themselves!

good to see your back bud.... im getting in golfing shape to defend my jacket and congrats on the membership thats awesome! how close is that to your house?

30 min drive, my plan is at least 3 rounds of 9holes in the morning before work. Plus weekend rounds. Going to try to walk so i don't have to pay cart fees and i can get into shape. I walked and carried 81 holes in 3 days in bandon and I enjoyed it. I need to keep it pure and get my exercise!

Welcome back!

Glad to have ya back in the saddle General :thumb:

Third: I am trying to start a career in the Golf industry. I have 12yrs of customer service experience with a college degree. Looking for warmer climate. Maybe something in sales or in the golf resort operations. If you hear of anything or have any contacts please PM me. I am highly motivated and learn quickly. Thanks !!!!

very good looking course based on the few pics I could find on the website. That's great for you dude! Enjoy your free golf.

Welcome back and congrats

Glad to have ya back in the saddle General :thumb:

very good looking course based on the few pics I could find on the website. That's great for you dude! Enjoy your free golf.

Welcome back and congrats

Thank you! With my banker's hours I will be trying to play until my arms fall off. The first goal is to improve 150yds and in, which in turn should help me break 90 and from there i will take over the world!

One day I'm going to come over there and take that jacket.

Welcome back General. Good luck pursuing your career endeavours.

One day I'm going to come over there and take that jacket.
Well its Buck's right now. We would love for you to come in for the challenge!

Welcome back General. Good luck pursuing your career endeavours.
Thank you TC! I have to say that is one absolutely gorgeous Cleveland wedge you have there.

welcome back General, looking forward to you and France's manifestos!

welcome back man! looking forward to teeing it up with you and France again

Welcome back and congrats on the nice win at the golf expo! Get those pics and videos up for us!

Glad you're able to participate again. Also, I'll keep my ears open for job opportunities.
I look forward to seeing some Bandon pic's. I may get to visit the Portland area later this summer and would love to make it to Bandon while there.

Its a hike from Portland 4.5-5hr drive southwest. But I'm pretty sure Pumpkin Ridge is in Portland which is a great course from what I hear. I should have the pics up soon, but in my opinion the pics don't do the course justice. It is absolutely gorgeous out there, I would trade it all in and work there if I could pay my bills and live comfortably!

Back